Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi there,

do bleeds from multiple sources stack? I have read somewhere that ignites from different skills are running in parallel, so I presume yes.

Now with two totems that cause bleed do I get two dots on a monster running or always just one? Or is it maybe a question of those two totems being different skills vs being one skill with multiple summons?

Examples:
A) 1x Ancestral Protector summoned, 1x Ancestral Warchief summoned. Both hits monster once and both causes bleed. Number of bleeds causing damage is ?

B) 2x Ancestral Protector from 2 different link setups summoned. Both hits monster once and both causes bleed. Number of bleeds causing damage is ?

C) 2x Ancestral Protector from the same link setup summoned. Both hits monster once and both causes bleed. Number of bleeds causing damage is ?

Thanks.
"
Knedlo wrote:
do bleeds from multiple sources stack? I have read somewhere that ignites from different skills are running in parallel, so I presume yes.

A monster only takes Damage from one Ignite/Bleed at a time, unless players have modifiers to change that number (Emberwake Ring, Crimson Dance Keystone).

All Ignite/Bleed debuffs do run parrallel - but only the strongest takes effect, every other debuff ticks down dealing zero Damage. When the strongest runs out, whichever one is next-strongest will take effect; that is why there are dormant effects running.
Can Cadiro spawn in boss rooms / arenas of map bosses?
When I have the Red Nightmare jewel in place on my passive tree and it covers an allocated elemental resistance node, apparently I do not get endurance charges when my flame totems kill. Is that correct?

(I figure since I set the totems, and they kill, my character should get credit for the kill and get the endurance charge, no?)

That seems to apply to skills that grant endurance charges being linked into the Flame Totem setup also. So using totems exclusively for kills (Ancestral bond), I can never get frenzy, nor endurance, or power charges, correct?
Hi guys, just a little question (sorry if it was answered before). As different sources of burning damage can affect the same ennemy, does scorching ray and righteous fire deal their own damage respectively on monsters, or is it the most efficient burning only which is applied?
I do know that a same source of burning damage can only deal one burning damage by itself, but different sources here, as it is not ignite?

Thank you in advance =)
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
Last edited by Necronus2828 on Nov 28, 2017, 7:44:55 AM
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
Hi guys, just a little question (sorry if it was answered before). As different sources of burning damage can affect the same ennemy, does scorching ray and righteous fire deal their own damage respectively on monsters, or is it the most efficient burning only which is applied?

Scorching Ray, Righteous Fire, Searing Bond or Ignite are all different sources of burning damage so they won't interfere with one another. Ray, in particular, will also stack with itself, so you can have any number of rays affecting the target with each having a separate 8 stacks maximum (just damage, though, not the res debuff).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Two questions, do shocked mobs take increased chaos damage from The Retch, and when Vaal Pact makes the chaos damage instant does it count towards breaking the enemey's stun threshold?

Thank you.
"
Two questions, do shocked mobs take increased chaos damage from The Retch, and when Vaal Pact makes the chaos damage instant does it count towards breaking the enemey's stun threshold?

yes shock is a monster side modifier and affects all incoming damage

no Retch counts as "reflected damage" which cannot stun
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
1foozer wrote:
When I have the Red Nightmare jewel in place on my passive tree and it covers an allocated elemental resistance node, apparently I do not get endurance charges when my flame totems kill. Is that correct?

(I figure since I set the totems, and they kill, my character should get credit for the kill and get the endurance charge, no?)

That seems to apply to skills that grant endurance charges being linked into the Flame Totem setup also. So using totems exclusively for kills (Ancestral bond), I can never get frenzy, nor endurance, or power charges, correct?

You placed the totem, but it got the kill. That means it will earn the charge (and benefit from it). The same is true of minions.

In general, your passive skills don't apply to your minions or totems, though, so I'm not certain that, eg, the jewel will grant that endurance change to the totem, because it probably doesn't apply to it, just to you.
hmm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info