Mechanical Questions Thread

Hey. I've sent an email to the technical support. Please read it and discuss it. I hope you can optimize this game. gL HF
I have some findings and questions regarding Dark Pact, all of the below is specific to a CoC Cyclone application and having no skeletons when Dark Pact is proc'ed.

It appears that Dark Pact does not sacrifice life when cast from CoC. It also appears that taking life nodes in the passive skill tree does not increase the tooltip DPS of Dark Pact. Also, from my limited amount of testing, it appears that using a Life Leech support gem or Warlord's Mark nets a negligible amount of sustain when compared to using a Life Gain On Hit support gem.

Questions:
1.) Does life have an effect on Dark Pact's damage when cast from CoC?
2.) Can Life Leech apply to the damage caused by Dark Pact when cast from CoC? A video posted by Mathil indicated that he was using warlord's Mark as a primary source of sustain under similar circumstances, however I can't seem to get a similar result.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Oct 3, 2017, 7:54:18 PM
As there is currently no dev post linked on the wiki about this, even though it is known to be true:

Does Player or Skill-based Increased Item Quantity (IIQ) work on the drop rate of Maps as of 3.0?
"
maxwolfie wrote:
It appears that Dark Pact does not sacrifice life when cast from CoC.

If you are sure, please report this in the bug forum.

"
maxwolfie wrote:
It also appears that taking life nodes in the passive skill tree does not increase the tooltip DPS of Dark Pact.

This is true, probably for technical reasons. The tooltip would have to keep changing when the number of skeletons in range changed. GGG probably thinks it'd be too much a strain on their servers.

"
maxwolfie wrote:
Also, from my limited amount of testing, it appears that using a Life Leech support gem or Warlord's Mark nets a negligible amount of sustain when compared to using a Life Gain On Hit support gem.

How negligible? A much better way to test this would be removing the CoC gem and see if you leech more with WM/LL. If you see a big difference, you might want to report a bug.
Last edited by a779 on Oct 4, 2017, 3:29:14 AM
"
jungodeath wrote:
I got some questions about the ways few mechanics of the game work with the soul tether belt

For example the node that say :

"20% increase attack speed and cast speed if ES has started recently" (trickster ascendency)

Does that mean that as soon as you start leeching ES (once your life is full) you got this 20% inc. att and cast speed during 4sec?
No, you'll never get it because your ES never recharges. Leech is not recharge. Recharge is when ES naturally fills up when you haven't taken damage for a while.

"
jungodeath wrote:
And does the node :

"20% faster start of ES recharge" (trickster ascendency again)

Does anything with this belt equipped?
No, you cannot recharge.

"
jungodeath wrote:
And by the way, does all of this work the same for soul reaver?

Ghost reaver does not disable recharge. So you lose nothing (except life leech no longer fills your life).

"
jungodeath wrote:
and for both, what happend whan you take Dmg, does the "recently" thing reinit ? (= on dmg, while leeching ES, for 4 sec, 20% inc. att. and cast speed)
Let's focus on this Trickster bit:

20% increased Attack and Cast Speed if Energy Shield Recharge has started Recently

1/ You take damage
2/ You stop taking damage
3/ Wait 2 seconds without taking damage (the base duration, you can make it less)
4/ You ES starts recharging. You get 20% increased Attack and Cast Speed for 4 seconds.
Back to [1]

To make the best of this, you should take damage every ~3 seconds. Again you'll never get this bonus if you equip the Soul Tether belt.
Last edited by a779 on Oct 4, 2017, 1:57:29 AM
"
a779 wrote:
"
maxwolfie wrote:
It appears that Dark Pact does not sacrifice life when cast from CoC.

If you are sure, please report this in the bug forum.

"
maxwolfie wrote:
It also appears that taking life nodes in the passive skill tree does not increase the tooltip DPS of Dark Pact.

This is true, probably for technical reasons. The tooltip would have to keep changing when the number of skeletons in range changed. GGG probably thinks it'd be too much a strain on their servers.

"
maxwolfie wrote:
Also, from my limited amount of testing, it appears that using a Life Leech support gem or Warlord's Mark nets a negligible amount of sustain when compared to using a Life Gain On Hit support gem.

How negligible? A much better way to test this would be removing the CoC gem and see if you leech more with WM/LL. If you see a big difference, you might want to report a bug.

Apologies, upon further experimentation (this time with Vaal Pact), I can confirm that it is working correctly.
Hello,

On the following citation: Chris (September 11, 2012). "0.9.12c Patch Notes". Path of Exile Forum. Retrieved August 02, 2015.
Chris indicates that the "PLAYER'S" : The player's "Increased Item Quantity" stat does not affect the drop rate of Map items any more.

Does this mean that the property on Bisco's Collar "% increased Quantity of Items Dropped by Slain Normal Enemies" does affect map drops. The property clearly indicated that it's a Quantity dropped by the monsters themselves and not the "Player's" quantity.

Long story short, does Bisco's collar give more map drops?

-Billy
Heirophant's Illuminated Devotion says "Skills from your Gloves have 40% increased AoE". Does this affect:

a) Enchants with an AoE, such as Commandment of Inferno?
b) Effects such as Haemophilia's on-kill explosion?
Sorry if this question is too early :D

I am a bit confused about the "spectre persistence" to be applied in Patch 3.0.2. Will it follow the same method as AG gem, namely it is stored in the gem itself and we can freely take the gem out and slap it in later and our spectres can be re-summoned immediately with a single cast? Or they will be lost once we unequip the gem/gear?

I'm so afraid of accidental unequipping due to change of gear stats.
"
Quick question. Do damage over time effects like Blight and Essence Drain have their damage fixed at application ('snapshotted' to borrow another game's parlance), or will applying and losing buffs and debuffs (arcane surge, wither, vulnerability etc.) modify the effect of already applied DoTs?

Damage over Time updates its stats immediately.
"
I'm using a animated weapon skill supported by item rarity poison and a few other gems. I'm wearing "Speaker's Wreath Prophet Crown" that gives effect "Minions' Hits can only Kill Ignited Enemies" So every kill is by the poison with is applited by the minions. Does item rarity still work?

Yes.
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
So % critical strike multiplier with fire skills on jewels doesn't increase the raging spirits critical strike multiplier?

Correct.
"
GunIoth wrote:
Long story short, does Bisco's collar give more map drops?

No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info