Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello Mark, i've seen kind of 50/50 people saying Righteous Fire is not affected by Spell Damage.. i wonder if it really is affected or not ( and why if it in RF says Spell )

"
ratogsb wrote:
Hello Mark, i've seen kind of 50/50 people saying Righteous Fire is not affected by Spell Damage.. i wonder if it really is affected or not ( and why if it in RF says Spell )

Damage over Time is never Spell Damage.
Damage over Time can be affected by Spell Damage modifiers if the Skill in question has a modifier that allows this: Essence Drain has this modifier - Righteous Fire does not.

Righteous Fire has the Spell tag because it's a Spell. Tags only note what item modifiers apply (ex. +1 to Socketed Spell Gems), nothing more.
Do Writhing Jar worms trigger "when you kill unique enemy" effects?
Hello Mark we were wondering in another thread the interaction between three different things as currently path of building doesn't show it doing anything and we can't determine if it's a bug or if it's intended.

The interaction is Baron Closed Helm, Dead Reckoning Cobalt Jewel for the Skeleton Mages, and finally in your setup for your skeleton mages having an Iron Will support gem. We were thinking about this as currently the skele mage build is locked out of baron, and what's more has a lackluster 6th link so we were wondering alternatives and came to this. We then tried it in Path of Building and saw 0 change so this is why we were wondering if this was intended or not.
I am not sure on how shock is working right now. Is there a threshold still? From 3.0 patch notes i understand that enemy will always get shocked if your hit applies shock, and it's effect is what is based on lightning damage dealt now. However i am unable to shock bosses whatsoever (2.5k top end lightning damage with 380% crit multi). What am i missing?
So I have read yes and nays on these questions so I need to someone clarify things up

1) increased duration, does it increase skills buff time?

2) spell totem with increased duration, will that increase duration?

And thanks beforehand.
Last edited by Weremelon on Aug 19, 2017, 4:57:00 AM
Hi, I have some questions regarding Cyclone, Damage on Full Life Support, Slayer Endless Hunger leech effects are not removed at full life, Blood Rage and Blood Magic.

As I understand it DoFL will not be deactivated by Blood Rage as long as you have enough life regen and/or leech to counter the effects.

Will Cyclone with Blood Magic gain the benefit of DoFL at any point during the attack, if you leech or regen back to full life before the attack ends?

Does Endless Hunger Leech count as being at Full Life if you are still leeching from a previous attack when you attack again with Cyclone + BM?

How is damage calculated for Cyclone attacks? Is damage for every hit of the attack calculated at the start of the attack, or on each hit of an enemy. Will using a damage boosting flask such as Atziri's promise part way through a Cyclone attack apply to the remaining hits of that attack, or only to an attack after the flask has been used.

When I look at my DPS in the character sheet for my Cyclone Slayer using DoFL and Blood Magic (from a Hezmana's Bloodlust) it momentarily drops each time I attack, but then returns almost instantly through regen or leech on hit. Is my Cyclone ever benefiting from DoFL when using Blood Magic? I assume DoFL is deactivated for at least the first hit, but once I am back to full life after that does it apply to the remaining hits of the attack?

My overall question is: does Cyclone + BM gain damage from DoFL at any point, even when considering Slayer's leech continuing past full life. Or is Cyclone + BM + DoFL a combo that just doesn't work at all?

Thanks for any responses.

General question. How much dps do I need to have to defeat endgame bosses, like the really high tier maps? I see some threads boasting 250k dps for their builds, while others boast millions. I'm experimenting with path of building, and so far I've gotten like 130k. Is that enough?
"
Weremelon wrote:
1) increased duration, does it increase skills buff time?
2) spell totem with increased duration, will that increase duration?

1. Depends on the Skill. Skills with modifiable Durations have the Duration Gem tag: Flesh Offering is modifiable, Infernal Blow is not.
2. Spell Totems have a Duration that is affected by Skill Duration modifiers, yes.

"
Fatbob85 wrote:
Will Cyclone with Blood Magic gain the benefit of DoFL at any point during the attack, if you leech or regen back to full life before the attack ends?
[..]
How is damage calculated for Cyclone attacks? Is damage for every hit of the attack calculated at the start of the attack, or on each hit of an enemy. Will using a damage boosting flask such as Atziri's promise part way through a Cyclone attack apply to the remaining hits of that attack, or only to an attack after the flask has been used.

Damage is calculated when the Hit lands:
- If you are on Full Life when the Hit lands, Damage on Full Life applies
- If the Flask ends before the Hit lands, that Hit does not benefit from the Flask
That's why the DPS display flickers up and down, as well.

The first Hit of Cyclone can benefit from Damage on Full Life, if there's enough time between activating it and the first Hit landing. :p
Hi, I have a question about Deadeye's Powerful Precision and Kinetic Blast.

The question concerns the 100% increased crit chance against pierced targets.
I know that the initial projectile will gain the increased crit chance but will the explosions?
I'm guessing no, since they don't actually pierce the targets but I'm not sure since they are from a projectile that has pierced the target and I want to be certain.

Thanks!
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info