Mechanical Questions Thread

I have several questions regarding bleed and its interactions.

first:
some support skill gems (melee physical damage, ruthless) explicitly say "more damage" AND "more damage with bleed".
other support skill gems do not mention bleed explicitly (brutality, maim) but instead only say "more damage".
does that mean that using main or brutality will only increase the direct damage of supported skills, but not the damage of the resulting bleed?

second:
aside from its "more damage" component, the maim support gem also has a "maimed enemies take increased physical damage" part. does this only increase direct damage taken by maimed enemies or does it increase bleed damage as well?
Last edited by krastin0v on Aug 22, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
I have two questions:

1.) Maim shows an increase in poison damage with my skill - is this a bug, or is it intended? I was under the impression physical damage modifiers didn't work with poison.

2.) Does Ruthless affect every hit of the third use of Cyclone and Blade Flurry? It seems to, for Cyclone, but the wording was changed from "every third use" to "every third attack" on the wiki.
Hi, why is there so many problems related to performance issues and crashes in POE?

I have had quite a bit of issues myself, and are currently struggeling with my whole PC freezing, so i have to hold the powerbutton until shutdown and reboot. It happens randomly, with no known time intervals. I can just as well be in a battle or stand in a town sorting stash-tabs, it still happens.

Any tips?

i7-4790
16GB RAM
GTX 1050TI
Just to be sure: if I link Cast on Death on a Zombie and it dies from minion instability, will it trigger the CoD and cast the linked spells like firestorm?
Hi!

I have two questions.

In first place, I have a Shaper Orb for a Tier 10 in mi inventory that I got from Vinktar Square and I can't shape any Tier 10, when I use it on the Atlas, the game crashes and I got a dc to login screen. What can I do?

Second question is not a bug, it's about mechanics, why stats do not show the real chance to bleed? Stats only show the chance to bleed obtained in the passive tree, don't show the summatory with equipped items. Why?

Ty and congrats for the great work!!!
"
Volkhen wrote:
Just to be sure: if I link Cast on Death on a Zombie and it dies from minion instability, will it trigger the CoD and cast the linked spells like firestorm?

No.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Volkhen wrote:

No.

Bummer. I wish minions used trigered Cast on Death.

Thanks for answering.
As of 3.0, the Cast when damage taken, Ball Lightning, Curse on hit, random curse stopped working, was there something in the 3.0 that disabled this setup or something similar or is it a bug? i checked the levels and the links and its all fine, and cwdt does proc ball lightning but it does proc the curse unless i take out the cwd and self cast it

With The Retch equiped, and since the leech mechanic on the item is considered reflect damage, will the unique items Crown of the Pale King and the Thousand Teeth Temo give us the life of the The Retch damage?

Also about the Retch, will wither increase its damage or do nothing at all? Or Vulnerabily/Temporal Chains affect it's damage at all?

thanks for answering my questions
The Curse needs to out-level CwDT.

I don't know The Retch's intricacies.
Some questions about barrage:

1. Is barrage considered a single hit per "attack" (cast/button press), or 1 hit per arrow?
2. Are crits rolled once per arrow or once per barrage?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info