Mechanical Questions Thread

Does the helmet enchant 40% increased fireball damage double dip ignite?
Similarly does 40% increased kinetic blast damage double dip poison?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 3, 2017, 2:53:23 AM
In regards to the minion data released last weak is there any chance that you could reveal how minion accuracy works?
Hey mark, I originally sent this question to support via forum mail, but unfortunately, they could not answer this for me and I was told to post the question on this thread for possible answers.

Here is the direct copy of my question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I just have a question about map drops regarding to atlas.

So I'll assume you have heard the term 'atlas manipulation', where you remove/unshape undesireable maps from atlas in order to gain maximum numbers of maps with efficient layout.

Typically, you complete every T1~9 for atlas bonus, only complete T10 shaped mesa and T11 Shaped strand, remove all T12, and complete every T13 and above.

Theoretically, and the widespread idea is that when running T11 strand, whenever a map drops, if it rolls higher than T10, it will upgrade to T11 assuming 100+ atlas bonus, and the map will be rolled as shaped strand since it's the only T11 unlocked.

However, recently there were few suspects that a map drop could be rolled as a map that is not unlocked on atlas, thus actually not dropping.

For example, running T11 strand again, a map drops, but 'if' it rolls as T11 wasteland, since it is not unlocked on atlas, the map actually doesn't drop completely.

If this suspected case is true, the whole atlas manipulation's net map gain is actually lower than fully unlocking every maps on atlas.

From anecdotal experience from me and others, we believe this is not the case, but I just wanted to double check since this questions have been brought up quite a lot recently.

Thank you.
1. When does the Minion Damage applied to the minions? If i have my minions buffed by Anger, that gives flat fire damage, will it be buffed by Minion Damage?

2. Does the 'Essence of Hysteria' Gloves effect ('Socketed Gems deal 175 to 225 additional Fire Damage') applied to the minions? If so, will it be counted as base damage and then affected by Minion Damage?
Is some clarity planned for 3.0 with respect to gems that work with no keyword match? For example Burning Arrow receiving damage from Less Duration as proven here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGvN5zTBTw
How does prophecies work under the hood, exactly? If I have the prophecy that gives me 5 fusing upon killing a bloodlines pack, do I have extra chance to encounter a bloodlines packs in my next map? I'm assuming it's 100% random, but those kind of prophecies seems to complete themselves very quickly, and I'm unsure if it's because A) Bloodlines are more common than I think B) There's a hidden system in place helping you to complete prophecies.

Thanks!
Last edited by Pyromancer4 on Apr 3, 2017, 5:37:03 AM
Hello,

My partner and I play characters together, 1 with Essence Drain, the other with Contagion. The Essence Drain degen is spread using the second players contagion.

I was wondering: does the Contagion player get attributed the "kill" if the monster hasn't been hit by the original Essence Drain projectile, only the spread of the degen via Contagion.

We're trying to give the Contagion player lots of magic find gear, so I'd like to know how this works.

Thanks

"
APXEOLOG wrote:
1. When does the Minion Damage applied to the minions? If i have my minions buffed by Anger, that gives flat fire damage, will it be buffed by Minion Damage?

Damage is calculated when a hit is dealt.

Increased Minion Damage modifiers will apply to any damage dealt by Minions, which includes flat fire damage, which includes flat fire damage granted by Anger.

"
2. Does the 'Essence of Hysteria' Gloves effect ('Socketed Gems deal 175 to 225 additional Fire Damage') applied to the minions? If so, will it be counted as base damage and then affected by Minion Damage?

Yes.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
What is the lowest possible resistance a boss can have using curses (flammability and ele weakness is my current set-up)? And also how effective are curses on a boss? I have tried looking this information up but I am having difficulty with finding a solid answer. According to my numbers it is possible to get resistances to below -60(unless hard-capped) but I know there has to be some sort of effectiveness on bosses thus making their resists higher than -60. If you could clarify that would be great. Thanks.

Even better way of explaining it would be to give me numbers so for science we will say my RF is doing 100k burn damage without resistance curses what would the damage be with the curses mentioned above.
Last edited by jasonRAWR on Apr 3, 2017, 6:18:52 AM
There is no lower limit on resistances, they can go as low as you have resistance reduction/penetration. (Note that the latter does not affect RF as RF doesn't hit.)

Act and map bosses have 60% less curse effectiveness on them. (From the wiki.)

"
for science we will say my RF is doing 100k burn damage without resistance curses what would the damage be with the curses mentioned above.

That will depend on how much resistance the target has to start with.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Apr 3, 2017, 6:25:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info