Mechanical Questions Thread

Can I stack an ignite (from 100% chance to ignite molten shell) with the dot an enemy is taking from righteous fire, or do they only take damage from righteous fire because it's the larger dot?
Last edited by Thukker on Mar 21, 2017, 10:32:12 AM
In an earlier post you say:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Znurrebarth wrote:
Could you clarify in what order conversion happens if you have more than 100% conversion from one type of damage to several other damage types? I you use a lightning skill with both Call of the Brotherhood and Voltaxic Rift equipped, will you end up with 50% cold and 50% chaos (seems logical to me as cold is "before" chaos in the damage conversion chain) or would you end up with 40% cold and 60% chaos.
Neither. Conversion from the skill itself (such as the modifiers on the Lightning Strike or Cold to Fire gems) always takes precidence and happens first, but that's not relevant here, so both these modifiers are happening at the same priority, trying to convert 110% of your lightning damage to other types. Since there's actualyl only 100% of the lightning damage to go around, we just squash them both equally until they fit.
Since 110 / 1.1 = 100, we end up with 50 / 1.1 = 45% converted to cold, and 60 / 1.1 = 55% converted to chaos.

However; when I tested this using Goddess Scorned (100% phys to fire) and Hrimburn gloves (50% phys to cold) I found that this was not always the case.

Specifically; the following skills don't work this way:
-Frost Blades
-Ice Crash
-Viper Strike
-Wild Strike

And these skills do work as you describe:
-Lightning Strike
-Static Strike
-Molten Strike
-Infernal Blow

I have not tested non-sword skills or physical to lightning interactions.

Is there something I missed, or is this supposed to be the case?

I am happy to supply my data if it would help.
Last edited by HowitzerMech on Mar 21, 2017, 11:32:22 AM
Ancestral Protector's tooltip doesn't specifically states that it only works with main hand weapon like the Ancestral Warchief's does, maybe because the protector was made first, so is the protector works with Dual Wielding?
"
Thukker wrote:
Can I stack an ignite (from 100% chance to ignite molten shell) with the dot an enemy is taking from righteous fire, or do they only take damage from righteous fire because it's the larger dot?

Yeah, they will stack, RF and ignite are different sources of damage over time. Same ones don't stack unless stated so.

"
HowitzerMech wrote:
Is there something I missed, or is this supposed to be the case?

It is known that conversion priority is bugged for some skills, it will probably be fixed in 3.0.

"
Hizsoo wrote:
Ancestral Protector's tooltip doesn't specifically states that it only works with main hand weapon like the Ancestral Warchief's does, maybe because the protector was made first, so is the protector works with Dual Wielding?

Protector does use both weapons when dual wielding, yes. We don't know why Warchief is main hand only, might have had some problems with his effect and dual wielding or it was by choice to make him more compatible with builds that use a stat stick in off hand.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 21, 2017, 1:18:39 PM
I think the Cast on Critical Strike is one of the features of the game. And you messed it up in version 2.4.0
hey i was wondering if the duskdawn stave's increase to crit multi on non crit is proc'd by the herald of lightning and ice on hit effects
Hi
Is it intentional that ShockwaveTotem does not gain increased cast speed from passive nodes with increased attack and cast speed for totems?
"
hey i was wondering if the duskdawn stave's increase to crit multi on non crit is proc'd by the herald of lightning and ice on hit effects

Yes.

"
Znurrebarth wrote:
Hi
Is it intentional that ShockwaveTotem does not gain increased cast speed from passive nodes with increased attack and cast speed for totems?

It does, the tooltip just doesn't show the effect of those bonuses for some reason.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Too expensive to test this in game so I'll ask here.

If i used animate Guardian on a skin of the loyal(necromantic aegis), AND a shield, would my zombies get the shield bonus?
Sometimes damage conversion and addition is still not completely clear...so here two question:

Doomfletch Prism Build:

It is clear, that flat phys on gear is needed. Lets say I have 100 pDPS after Bow + gear, so the bow will add 330 eDPS, right? When I have "100% increased physical damage with bows" from the tree. Will I get 200 pDPS and 330 eDPS or will the pDPS after increases taken as base for adding elemental? If first one, skillnodes regarding phys damage will be a waste and I should focus on adding flat phys on gear and scale elemental damage, correct?

Second quesion - Wild Strike Build:

Its 100% conversion. What happens, when I use something that gives me Unholy Might? Will I get 0 chaos dmg added (because I don´t deal any phys?!), will I get x chaos damage after phys is increased and "before" it is converted or y chaos dmg from base phys before increaseses and conversion?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info