Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello, i fine old topic with this question, but i dont find the answer.

"
Spark base speed? (units/s) and optimal projectile speed?
Is there any way to find out what spark's base speed is in units/sec?

I'd like to know what the optimal projectile speed is considering two things:
1) Sparks die after 150 units
2) Sparks duraiton is 1.5 seconds

this means it needs to travel 150 units in 1.5 seconds (100units/sec) for the most efficient use. I'd like to know how much increased projectile speed I need to reach that.

"
newSprow wrote:
I'd like to know what the optimal projectile speed is considering two things:
1) Sparks die after 150 units
2) Sparks duraiton is 1.5 seconds

This isn't entirely true, they don't disappear after traveling 150 units but after reaching 150 units of distance from the place they started from, they might cover two or three times the distance to reach that point or they might never get there at all. Meaning that a calculation like that would have little practical use because it would depend too much on the tileset you use it in.

It's approximately 50 units per second if you want to know it anyway.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
What is the "nearby" radius of Aberrath's Hooves ignite spread effect?
How does "crit chance" in the skill tree work? Is it work for attacks and spells, or for spells only "crit chance for spells" work?
Last edited by KonstantOut on Mar 19, 2017, 8:48:18 AM
Hi !

I'm a Templar Inquisitor i casting Glacial Cascade this is a spell but it's also have physical damage and elemental damage as spell damage .

My questions ;

1. I made a Bandit choice and this is Alira % cast speed . Do I need Oak % physical damage for my Glacial Cascade spell , does it work on this spell and worth it ? Becouse it's a spell it's not a physical attack i guess .

2. How can i leech % life and % mana as damage from monsters ? Which mods are can spawn my items rings , amulet , gloves etc. and does it work ? Gem will be a huge loss if i use for main skill .

I'll be very glad if you could help me in this questions ! Thanks :)
"
KonstantOut wrote:
How does "crit chance" in the skill tree work? Is it work for attacks and spells, or for spells only "crit chance for spells" work?

Hi ! I tested last day and somehow working and increasing with Assassination , Trickery for "crit chance for spells" . But i'm not an expert in this game .
"
KonstantOut wrote:

If the passive says just 'increased crit chance' it will work on anything that hits
If it says 'increased crit chance for spells' it will work only for skills that deal spell damage
If it's 'increased crit chance with daggers' it will work only for hits you deliver using a dagger attack.
Those that say 'increased melee crit chance' will apply only to hits that do melee damage, so if you're doing a projectile attack with melee weapon they won't work.
And if it goes 'increased crit chance while wielding a staff' it will work on anything just like the first one, you just have to hold a staff in your hands.

"
Beruseruku wrote:
1. I made a Bandit choice and this is Alira % cast speed . Do I need Oak % physical damage for my Glacial Cascade spell , does it work on this spell and worth it ? Becouse it's a spell it's not a physical attack i guess .

2. How can i leech % life and % mana as damage from monsters ? Which mods are can spawn my items rings , amulet , gloves etc. and does it work ? Gem will be a huge loss if i use for main skill .

I'll be very glad if you could help me in this questions ! Thanks :)

1. Oak grants you a generic physical damage bonus that works on anything that deals physical damage in any shape or form, however, Cascade does little physical damage so focusing on it usually isn't a good investment.

2. Spells have a harder time leeching, as no leech source that says 'attacks' will work on them. Common leech mods you get on weapons or rings say '#% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life' which makes them incompatible with spells, however, the mod on physical version of doryani belt '#% of Physical Damage Leeched as Life' doesn't mention attacks anywhere which means it works on spells. Still, leech sources compatible with spells are uncommon so the usual ones are leech support gem and warlord's mark curse, some ascendancy classes or unique items also offer generic leech.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 19, 2017, 1:00:25 PM
Can anybody tell me if the recipe for Star of Wraeclast is still working in 2.6
Hey I was hoping someone could answer some questions in regards to the "Essence of Hysteria" Boots mod

which reads "Drops burning ground while moving, dealing 2500 Fire Damage/second"

Is this damage able to be supported through skill gems? If so, what tags on gems would be able to support this? (eg aoe, elemental, fire, etc)

Do passives on the tree affect this damage? If so, which modifiers?

Does this count as a skill?
I am wondering, for weapon stats that read "Adds XX to Fire Damage", for example Martyr of Innocence Highborn Staff, does this mean for spells and attacks or just attacks?

It's quite confusing as for some items it means for everything, and others it means for attacks. I saw this question posted on reddit and a number of us didn't know despite playing this game for quite a while. Will this be made more clear across all items in the near future?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info