Mechanical Questions Thread

Thanks!
Charge On Kill and Overcharged

Do these work with:
- Projectile skills & spells?
- Chain or Echo skills & spells?
- minion, totem, trap, & mine kills?

I'm thinking of making an "All Three Charges" build, but haven't been able to try these nodes out for very long. It seemed like only direct spells & attacks worked during that short time.
Last edited by ssfsx17 on Mar 17, 2017, 4:13:22 AM
"
ssfsx17 wrote:
Do these work with:
- Projectile skills & spells?
- Chain or Echo skills & spells?
- minion, totem, trap, & mine kills?

1. Naturally. Your kill, your on-kill benefits.
2. Same - Chain and Echo don't change anything about the Skill you're using for the purposes of on-Kill effects.
(nitpick: "skills" already includes "spells" :P )

3. Nope.
3.1. Minions are not you: they do not benefit from your passives unless explicitly stated otherwise.
3.2. Proxies are separate entities that do use your offensive stats. However, because they are separate entities, they receive the on-Kill (and on-Hit) benefits.
3.3. Kills through Damage over Time are ~always assigned to the player character. This bug can be abused to trigger on-Kill effects for yourself with proxies or Minions.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 17, 2017, 7:49:53 AM
I'm trying to understand stuff so:
Let's say I have Pious Path, inquisitor ascendancy that gives 4% es regen on cons ground, that adds to cons ground itself and becomes with zel's oath 8% max es regen/s
If I add %increased es recovery/recharge how does that add to this 8%?
Also, I read somewhere that %increase recharge also affects the recovery of ES, but in the tooltip it doesn't seem so
Is that a "hidden sinergy" or just plain wrong information?
From what I've looked it seems that it isn't shown on character sheet but I'd like to know how to calculate it.
For exemple I have 25.5 es recovery, I equip a jewel with recharge charge, in the sheet recharge goes up while recovery doesn't.
But while on consecrated ground my recovery is good, so the actual question is: how much does %increased es recharge rate influence the actual recovery?
Case I have the 8% recovery on cons ground, so if I add like a 10% inc recharge, does the recovery also goes up by the increased 10 or does that only work on the 25.5 base recovery and not the 8% gained from the buff?
Feel free to pm me if I haven't been clear enough and thanks in advance ^^
Another question today.. Let's say I want to do something really hipster and make a melee occultist focusing on bleed using Haemophilia gloves.
Will both the on kill effect of the gloves:
"Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 5% of their Maximum Life as Physical Damage"
AND the on kill effect of Occultist's "Profane Bloom" apply?:
"Cursed Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage"

I feel like stacking these could be cool but if only 1 of them will actually apply the build goes out the window. I wasn't sure if 1 would overwrite the other.

Thanks!

Why does the 25% chance to make consecrated ground on kill from the Inquisitor note Sanctify, not work with totems?

If i spec out of ancestral bond i can make consecrated ground all over the place, but with totems, nothing :/

Not sure if this has been mentioned (Checked the last 13/14 pages and nothing) about Overwhelming Odds jewel, but I got a question about one if its features.

"
With at least 40 Strength in Radius, Cleave has 3% increased Area of
Effect per Nearby Enemy

On what is bolded and underlined, how is this determined by? By almost touching my character or by my weapon's range? I am not too sure, so I am wondering when does the AoE increase takes into effect when the enemy(ies) is nearby? Thank you.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 17, 2017, 4:21:20 PM
"
Lucifaxx wrote:
Why does the 25% chance to make consecrated ground on kill from the Inquisitor note Sanctify, not work with totems?

If i spec out of ancestral bond i can make consecrated ground all over the place, but with totems, nothing :/

If we take everything the game developers have ever said for face value, then on-kill effects are not considered offensive stats for some reason. My guess is that it is a technical limitation.

Funny enough, there's a very old bug you could use to get around the rule; if enemies are killed by Damage over Time your player character always gets the kill credit, so presumably that will let your totems spread consecrated ground as well. Maybe you can give it a try with Southbound unique gloves plus some way of igniting enemies.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Will shock chance be applied to non-crits while using the Starforge (your physical damage can shock) and conductivity's "10-15% chance to shock with lightning damage"?
Edit: I need to add more info to make this question valid...
Starforge does not allow you to deal elemental damage with attacks. There would be no lightning damage present to shock with. But the Starforge allows for shocking with its physical. I also cannot crit because of resolute technique. So will conductivity's shock chance apply to the starforge's "can shock with physical"? No crits, no elemental damage in the equasion
Last edited by BodyBreaker on Mar 17, 2017, 11:56:20 PM
"
BodyBreaker wrote:
Will shock chance be applied to non-crits while using the Starforge (your physical damage can shock) and conductivity's "10-15% chance to shock with lightning damage"?

Yes

The only special thing about crits and status ailments is that they are granted 100% "Chance to X;" otherwise, they just give their extra damage + visual/audio effect, and are otherwise treated like non-crits (which means Chance to X stat is pointless on crits anyways :P, so they are necessarily either useless or applied to non-crit damage)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info