Mechanical Questions Thread

If i hit with fireball and have EE passive and Elemental Weakness curse on hit gloves equipped, how does it effect a single hit and related damage?

1) Is the curse applied before the damage is calculated, so that the applying first hit will benefit from the curse or only additional hits after the initial?

2) Is EE applied before or after the damage is calculated on a single hit? So will the initial hit suffer the 25% penalty or only hits made after the initial one?
Last edited by AndyPandy22 on Feb 27, 2017, 8:29:18 AM
You need to Hit (and thus deal Damage) before you can trigger on-Hit effects.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You need to Hit (and thus deal Damage) before you can trigger on-Hit effects.

Oki makes sense, thx.

Have a second question, how do curses interact with elemantal proliferation "auras"? Lets say you ignite a single enemy, while having a elemantal weakness curse on it. Will the surrounding enemies just get the base burning damage (without the curse increase) or the increased damage?

So do i only have to curse/EE the Proliferation "source" or also all that get the "aura"?
Last edited by AndyPandy22 on Feb 27, 2017, 8:56:35 AM
When you Ignite an enemy, the Ignite deals a given amount of Damage per Second. This value is spread across all targets in the Proliferation radius. Each target applies its own Resistance modifier to the Damage per Second value. As such, you'd want to apply Elemental Weakness to all targets, not just the one guy.
/
Last edited by arsmag on Aug 10, 2018, 12:48:35 PM
"
arsmag wrote:
does life leech rate go with vaal pact? trying to go for crit claw build with assassin

No, life leech rate does nothing when you have vaal pact
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
How does Animate Guardian work with Umbilicus and Soul Weaver?

Or does it simply not work?

Seriously can't find any info on it.

Edit: And clarification on the haku mod please.

The item that has the mod drops?

Edit 2:

Are my questions available for this thread?
I mean, is it game mechanics?

Edit 3: Thanks for the help Raics!
Last edited by 1Riael1 on Feb 27, 2017, 2:19:03 PM
"
1Riael1 wrote:
How does Animate Guardian work with Umbilicus and Soul Weaver?

Or does it simply not work?

Seriously can't find any info on it.

Edit: And clarification on the haku mod please.

The item that has the mod drops?

Edit 2:

Are my questions available for this thread?
I mean, is it game mechanics?

Guardian has no interaction with Umbilicus or Soul Weaver, he isn't a spectre.

Yeah, if you put the mod on a rare chest he will drop only the chest when he dies.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Does the "recently" keyword mean EXACTLY 4 seconds, like, 4 ticks in my watch, or is it affected by stuff like temporal chains, increased duration supports/passives, etc.?
"
MarkHark wrote:
Does the "recently" keyword mean EXACTLY 4 seconds, like, 4 ticks in my watch, or is it affected by stuff like temporal chains, increased duration supports/passives, etc.?

Recently is not a Skill Effect - it's unaffected by modifiers to Skill Duration.
Recently is not a timed effect on your status monitor - it's unaffected by Temporal Chains.
It's just four seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info