Mechanical Questions Thread

"
AlazlamDurai wrote:
Hello! Love PoE and have really been getting into it lately!

I have a question on IIQ and map drops. Does the former increase the quantity of the latter? The wiki seems to say no but I hear lots of conflicting advice from high level players that IIQ does in fact lead to more map drops. I would like to hear a GGG official response on this if possible =D.

Increases to IIQ on your gear don't affect the drop rate of maps. IIQ on the map you are running itself (the "Item Quantity: +x%" line right below the map tier) works for map drops inside that map.
Last edited by Burnsounet on Dec 31, 2016, 3:17:25 AM
I want to ask is increase Aoe in passive skill tree is no longer effect blade flurry? why my tooltip didn't show my radius increased.
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
I want to ask is increase Aoe in passive skill tree is no longer effect blade flurry? why my tooltip didn't show my radius increased.

The skillbar tooltip only shows the Skill itself and its Supports, just like it always has. Check the Character sheet instead.
(it still works of course)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 31, 2016, 9:12:40 AM
How do skills that last for a while (like vaal spark) roll their criticals if I have different critical chances for different mobs? Like Inquisitor's righteous providence, say one mob has an status ailment and the other one doesn't, I cast vaal spark, and it either crits on everything, or it crits on nothing right?
The new primordial harmony jewel has left players with some questions. The jewel provides "Golem skills have (20-30)% increased cooldown recovery speed." There's no problem with that, it's clear, because players can see that summoning a golem has a cooldown (and it specifies the cooldown in the skill gem).

But the jewel also provides "Golems have (10-15)% increased cooldown recovery speed". This is where players have questions. What does it do, exactly, for each golem?

List of golem attacks/spells
Flame golem: explosive arching projectiles, wave of fire damage, fire spray
Stone golem: melee attack, rolling charge, powerful slam that taunts
Lightning golem: projectile spell, orbs of lightning that zap nearby enemies, temporary aura that grants added lightning damage
Ice golem: melee attack, icy barrage spell, chilling spinning dash
Chaos golem: melee attack, damage over time chaos aura, cascade of chaos spikes

Which of these golem attacks/spells have cooldowns? What are the cooldowns? Does "Golems have (10-15)% increased cooldown recovery speed" affect anything other than the 3 golem attacks/spells each golem type has?

This is almost impossible to test due to golem AI. At any given time we don't know if it's cycling between abilities due to AI or due to cooldown. Nothing in game (gem or tooltip), the wiki, the official forums, reddit, or poedb have information on this.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
This may just be an old misunderstanding old mine, but someone told me once that 2% of physical attack damage leeched as life was the cap and you couldn't benefit from more.

Is this true? if say you have a claw that gives you 2% and a ring that gives you 0.4% physical attack damage leeched as life then you won't benefit from the ring as it caps at 2%?
That statement is not true and has never been, although there are a few things that sound close.

The closest fact that is actually true is that default life leech rate is 2% of your max Life/s per Leech effect, which means if you have zero of the stat "increased leech rate," then, no matter how much damage or leech percent you have (you could deal 1,000,000,000 damage and leech 0.4%), each Hit will only add 2% of your max Life per second.

You will gain benefit from the ring just fine. In technical terms, the only thing increasing damage per hit or % leech does is increase the duration of leech effects - but increasing duration increases total recovery over the whole period, assuming you're a Slayer with endless hunger, or do not reach full life. (Also, without enough duration, your "top speed" will be lower than the stat cap of 20% of your maximum life per second, which can also be modified.)

Sorry, I tend to nerd out about leech. All you need to know is that there is no such cap, and you can safely stack 2% and 0.4% to reach 2.4% leech. Hope that helps!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jan 1, 2017, 3:46:03 PM
Hi there,

I have some mechanical questions about Ancestral Warchief:

I am curious abouth the dual wielding mechanics for ancestral warchief. The gem says 'attack enemies with a powerful main hand'. But what would happen if I equip 2 one-handed weapons? Would your the totem attack with both weapons or just with main hand weapon? And if yes, could I use a Death's Hand or a Doryani's Catalyst as a stat stick in my off-hand?
Good evening support

Please excuse my english, but it is not my native language.

The problem or bug i just meet ingame was that i respeced my charachter all ascendancy skill points out for a other main ascendancy mastery.
I was going from Chieftain to -> Berserker, because i wanted the life leech of fire dmg -> "1 % of dmg life leeched as life" <-- the is no point of physical dmg or something in it and in description it should function like normal leech with any damage. So after testing it, i was shocked after all my regrets i dont get life leech with my Righteous Fire dmg. Is it a bug ? Wrong description ? Please correct it in POE wiki and help me out.

Wish a nice new year and a nice evening and waiting for helping answer =)

Thanks!

"
Teboriaz wrote:
Berserker, because i wanted the life leech of fire dmg -> "1 % of dmg life leeched as life" <-- the is no point of physical dmg or something in it and in description it should function like normal leech with any damage. So after testing it, i was shocked after all my regrets i dont get life leech with my Righteous Fire dmg. Is it a bug ? Wrong description ? Please correct it in POE wiki and help me out.

Leech is a hit only effect, and Righteous Fire cannot hit, so it can never leech. Anything you see that says Damage over Time or Burning Damage can never leech.

I will see if I can make this clearer on the wiki page for Leech!

By the way, your English is quite good! Very understandable.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info