Mechanical Questions Thread

Does Redblade Tramplers protect user from Furnace Trap's damage in Labyrinth, which is dealing burning damage?
How can I delete labyrinth enchant option?
Can volatiles crit inherently? If they can't, can they crit if you're cursed with assassin's mark?
Reposting question I had 6-7 pages back.

If I don't complete the whole atlas, but stay at say 80/126, just wanting specific maps to drop, do maps drop less often overall? (Not counting the atlas bonus). Basically, is there a downside to forcing certain maps to drop? It feels like I drop a lot less maps now that I only have 101% instead of 126%. Like a ton less. Just ran 40 maps and get 11 returns for example.. :/

Cheers
Last edited by Nystrom on Dec 21, 2016, 2:41:01 PM
Hi GGG,

With the new unique United in Dream, SRS can now poison on attack. If I wear Bino's Kitchen Knife, will the increased Damage over Time and Poison prolif also work with them? What about increased DoT from Witchfire Brew?

Thanks in advance.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
"
sunleonid wrote:
Hi GGG,

With the new unique United in Dream, SRS can now poison on attack. If I wear Bino's Kitchen Knife, will the increased Damage over Time and Poison prolif also work with them? What about increased DoT from Witchfire Brew?

Thanks in advance.

Minions never benefit from your stats unless explicitly stated. The only ways to give bonuses to your minions are:

1) something that states "minion"
2) a Support Gem that is able to apply to your minion

Bino's Kitchen Knife meets neither of these criteria.

Witchfire Brew's Vulnerability aura works, because it is a modifier to the target.

The increased damage over time on Witchfire Brew can't apply to SRS by default, because it is neither of the two I listed above, but I think you should be able to apply it with Umbilicus Immortalis. Mark_GGG can comment if this part is right or wrong.

Minions have worked this way since before release, and there is no reason to suspect the system has changed.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 21, 2016, 4:14:59 PM
Does the Fire Penetration gem lower the enemies resistance below 0%? like, a level 1 fire pen penetrates 18% fire res, does a 0% res mob take 18% increased damage?

also, flammability LOWERS enemy resistance, this should definitely undercap them right?
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
Does the Fire Penetration gem lower the enemies resistance below 0%? like, a level 1 fire pen penetrates 18% fire res, does a 0% res mob take 18% increased damage?

also, flammability LOWERS enemy resistance, this should definitely undercap them right?

Yes on both counts, although when people estimate 0% resist enemies, people tend to call it enemies take 18% "more" damage, because the resistance multiplier is separate from the "x% damage taken" stay
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Will flasks effects nodes like Alchemist increase the degeneration from the Forbidden Taste unique flask?
Do characters take time to turn around? If so, what is the angular speed at which they turn?

Example: I'm trying to kite a pack (fire e.g. 5 bow attacks in a direction and move a certain distance in the opposite direction). Case a): I alternate between moving and shooting, effectively turning around many times. Case b): I first move away and then turn around once and shoot five times. Does one of those take longer than the other (assuming same distance in both cases)?
Last edited by MauranKilom on Dec 22, 2016, 11:06:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info