Mechanical Questions Thread

Quick question about the Perseverance Vanguard Belt. If i corrupt it and remove the implicit and avoid armour at all so i get 0 armour , does it take armour as it's lowest or evasion because there is no armour?
No armour is also zero armour, naturally.
If you are using cyclone with 2 weapons with different weapon range , which range will apply? Biggest one? or depends on attack?
OK my character says it should have phasing when it has max frenzy charges. Right now I'm at 0/0 charges (MAX) but do not have phasing. What am I missing here?
"
Painsponge wrote:
OK my character says it should have phasing when it has max frenzy charges. Right now I'm at 0/0 charges (MAX) but do not have phasing. What am I missing here?

There is a common misconception that Phasing must have the graphical effect or a buff icon to be on. The game developers, however, decided to code Phasing as a "property," not a "buff," which means that Raider is capable of having Phasing without having any graphical indicators.

Try walking through monsters - if you can walk through monsters, then you have Phasing, even if you cannot see any graphical or tooltip indicators of it anywhere.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I've been playing Breach a lot this week and have been totally enjoying it, it's a great league so far! Looking forward to playing the endgame content eventually.

I wanted to ask about some off-hand weapon mechanics.

I'm currently using a Blade Flurry build that also utilizes poison. I have a dagger in my main-hand weapon slot and want to use an off-hand weapon that isn't compatible with BF, like a mace or axe, and wanted to ask about how some unique items interact with my build.

1. Jack, the Axe [Vaal Hatchet] --> would the Bleed on Hit apply to my BF attacks, or is this modifier only applying to attacks made by this weapon itself?

2. Singularity [Platinum Sceptre] --> does the increased damage against hindered enemies only apply to attacks made this weapon, or would it also apply to my BF attacks?

3. Breath of the Council [Carnal Sceptre] --> would the 60-80% increased chaos damage increase the damage of the poison that is inflicted by my BF attacks? Or would it only increase the damage of poison inflicted by attacks made by this weapon itself?
"
adghar wrote:
"
Painsponge wrote:

There is a common misconception that Phasing must have the graphical effect or a buff icon to be on. The game developers, however, decided to code Phasing as a "property," not a "buff," which means that Raider is capable of having Phasing without having any graphical indicators.

Try walking through monsters - if you can walk through monsters, then you have Phasing, even if you cannot see any graphical or tooltip indicators of it anywhere.

Cool, thanks for the info I will give that a shot.
I know there is an icon at the top for phasing on kill and it still shows up.
OK tried it out on normal and I can walk through anything. Cool.

Now about Vaal gems... How broken are these? I'm getting real tired with them resetting when I zone/hit shrine/open a chest/adjust my hair/check watch/etc.

As something you have to save up it seems just plain cruel to have them reset anytime you touch anything. It is getting real old (first season trying Vaals).
"
KegLitJoreb wrote:

I'm currently using a Blade Flurry build that also utilizes poison. I have a dagger in my main-hand weapon slot and want to use an off-hand weapon that isn't compatible with BF, like a mace or axe, and wanted to ask about how some unique items interact with my build.

1. Jack, the Axe [Vaal Hatchet] --> would the Bleed on Hit apply to my BF attacks, or is this modifier only applying to attacks made by this weapon itself?

2. Singularity [Platinum Sceptre] --> does the increased damage against hindered enemies only apply to attacks made this weapon, or would it also apply to my BF attacks?

3. Breath of the Council [Carnal Sceptre] --> would the 60-80% increased chaos damage increase the damage of the poison that is inflicted by my BF attacks? Or would it only increase the damage of poison inflicted by attacks made by this weapon itself?

1. Bleeding on Hit is a local mod. It won't help to use Jack with Blade Flurry.

2. It's a global mod. It will help to use Singularity with Blade Flurry.

3. It's a global mod. It will help to use Breath of the Council with Blade Flurry.

The rule the developers gave us to determine if it's local or global is whether a default modifier exists on an item or not. The capability of making an Attack Hit counts, which is why modifiers like Bleeding on Hit and flat accuracy are local.

No Normal-rarity (white) Weapon has flat chaos damage, only ever flat physical damage, so Breath's modifier can't be local.

No Normal-rarity (white) Weapon has the ability to check enemy's status condition, so conditional modifiers like Singularity's can't be local.

It gets a little hairy sometimes - Scaeva had a local conditional modifier at first, but then was bug-fixed to have its conditional crit be global. So it's clearly not a technical limitation - it's defined by the game developers what is a bug and what isn't.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Does the range of the ignite prolif provided by Xoph's Nurture scale with aoe passive nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info