Mechanical Questions Thread

hi ggg i have some question for shaper orb

befor main subject im korean my words are not properly delivered to you

now it's my question :3

Yasterday i go vinktor squer with my friends but i dead and i miss take a shaper's orb 10T

so i have quriosity if i going again to vinktor squer i get a 10T shaper orb?
"
hcopp wrote:
hi ggg i have some question for shaper orb

befor main subject im korean my words are not properly delivered to you

now it's my question :3

Yasterday i go vinktor squer with my friends but i dead and i miss take a shaper's orb 10T

so i have quriosity if i going again to vinktor squer i get a 10T shaper orb?

Yes. If you do the Vinktar Square map again, and do not die this time :P the boss will drop shaper's orb T10 for you.
"
Ornedan wrote:
Does Incinerate's more damage per channeling stage apply to DoTs generated by it? The modifier does not have any qualifiers so it looks like it might apply.

The more damage is tied to the skill itself, as mentioned in the description. It won't double dip on DoT.
Hi I was wondering why did you change deaths door from immune to bleeding to cannot be inflicted with bleeding?
What actually changed except from the phrasing on the boots? And how exactly does the current effect of deaths door work? Which type of bleeding dmg does it defend against and which does it not? Could i get examples? Because I dont know which all the different types of bleeding damage in poe are?
I would really appreciate i thorough answer to this since they are kinda my favorite boots at but I am not sure if its wourth using them anymore :/

Kind regards /Rai
Mirror Services:
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3074790/page/1
nm
Last edited by roddyriot on Oct 5, 2016, 6:00:13 PM
I'm not sure if I should email support because this is possibly a bug, but you have commented before about RAPID DECAY NOT supporting RIGHTEOUS FIRE because it is not a duration skill.

However, many players now are using RIGHTEOUS FIRE linked with SPELL TOTEM (which adds a duration aspect).

Now what I'm getting at is in the current build of the game, skill gems "highlight" when moused over to show the gems that are supporting them. BUT with an RF totem setup, RAPID DECAY DOES NOT HIGHLIGHT anything else when moused over, which means it isn't supporting anything, right?

Well, this where I believe the bug exists.

It DEFINITELY "supports" the spell totem because the duration is CLEARLY REDUCED by RAPID DECAY. BUT IT ISN'T HIGHLIGHTED and it doesn't say "x% more damage over time" in the skill description tooltip.(the tooltip does reflect the decreased duration though)

Where there is controversy is whether or not it increases the damage of the righteous fire cast by the totem. Many players say that they have tested it and can confirm that it does increase the damage even though it does not highlight when moused over OR have anything in the skill tooltip description to confirm that.

So what I'm asking is, why doesn't Rapid decay highlight when it is clearly reducing the duration of the spell totem? Also it must be a bug if its increasing the damage of the skill as well without highlighting OR saying anything in the tooltip description, right?

Or are all these people who have tested it crazy? And the real bug is that it shouldn't decrease the spell totem's duration because it shouldn't be interacting with those other gems at all.

Either way, its definitely buggy in the way it interacts or doesn't interact and in the way it displays that in the tooltip and with gem highlighting, but does it increase the damage of the righteous fire + spell totem setup even though its not displayed?
Last edited by Scriptpro on Oct 6, 2016, 1:31:44 AM
"
"
Ornedan wrote:
Does Incinerate's more damage per channeling stage apply to DoTs generated by it? The modifier does not have any qualifiers so it looks like it might apply.

The more damage is tied to the skill itself, as mentioned in the description. It won't double dip on DoT.

I don't see anything like that in the mechanics. Note the difference between Incinerate and Flameblast:

Incinerate is just "more damage", whereas Flameblast is "more spell damage".
Hi,

How does the The Overflowing Chalice interacts with Umbilicus Immortalis?
Does the "increased charges gained" bonus my minions get benefits me?

Hi,

I'm wondering about Endurance Charges in combination with incoming damage conversion. When calculating incoming physical damage, what procs first - endurance charges or the damage conversion?

Example:

I take a 3000 (physical) damage hit wearing Lightning Coil and 5 endurance charges. What happens?

1: The endurance charges mitigates the damage down to 2400, and then 30% of that is being mitigated by my magic resist, making the total hit 1860 with 0 armor and 75% magic resist.

2: The Lightning Coil coverts 900 damage to lightning, mitigates it by 75%, taking 2100 physical damage and 225 lightning damage. The physical damage is then mitigated by 20% (EC), making the total damage 1905 with 0 armor.

...And when is armor being calculated in?

I'm guessing EC->Armor->Lightning Coil, but I'm far from sure.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 6, 2016, 5:36:51 AM
advertising: hi im french and i'm not fine with english ^^

i have a question about : how apply dmg ^^ technicaly...

is that in one time like elemental+physical+chaos= dmg
or
in 2 or 3 time like chaos = dmg +elemental=dmg+physical=dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info