Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Gindrinker wrote:
Hey,
we just found an Essence of Delirium and would like to use it on a bow to get the "1000 chaos damage over time on hit" mod from it.
Does said mod scale with increases from the skill tree (increased chaos damage, increased damage over time)?
Also, do support gems influence the damage on hit, e.g. does greater multiple projectiles lower the damage on hit or slower projectiles increase it?

also is this damage can apply few times in a row? (lets say i hit some monster 3 times, will that apply to the monster 3000 damage? or just the normal 1000?)
and also is the "on hit" is only with this weapon? or global and can also work with spells?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Hello GGG!
Me alone 5233 ES.
And Join party "_Manama_Bloodwing_" aura ES: 13k ES.....
Account: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DonkeyMonkey
characters: _Manama_Bloodwing_

characters disable, i very sad.
Please help me for _Manama_Bloodwing_ what use geats,ring, belt, amulet, jewels and passive.

Very thx you!! Good Game PoE :)
Hi guys, need some help in mechanics of cyclone+dual-wield.So Im using rapier with crafted +2 range and that make's base radius of weapon 11. If i equip second weapon with radius 8,how would things work? Cyclone aoe will be based on highest or lowest weapon range? If highest, does this mean both my weapons will hit at max range or each at his own max range?

P.S. sorry for mistakes in text.
"
I would like to know how do projectiles work when you have 100% chance to pierce/chain/fork. Do they proc in a specific order or one of them cancel the others?

Pierce is always first. If you have 100% pierce then Fork and Chain are impossible.
Would it be possible with essences to roll a +2fire +2 bow gems +1 gems bow?

I understand on staffs you can't get different +2 element at the same time but considering bows don't noramlly roll these maybe you can get them with +2 bow?

Please GGG lvl 30 Elemental Hit viable dream
"
zio_kose wrote:
If i use "Doomfletch's Prism Royal Bow" and have all damage converted to fire, do i get "330% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra fire Damage"? or only 110% extra fire damage and rest goes lost?

In your example, you'd need 2x call of the brotherhood to convert all damage to fire and not lose any residual non fire damage with avatar of fire.

you would gain 110% extra fire dmg. This could be scaled further depending on what increases you have on the passive tree and depending on what random element is chosen by the bow.

"
zio_kose wrote:
If i do 100 base physical damage before all conversion, would I do 430 Fire Damage?

No you'll do 100 + 110 = 210. Same as if you did not convert the damage. (w/o increases)

"
zio_kose wrote:
if i use "Izaro's Turmoil Crimson Jewel" best roll (25% increased fire damage and 25% increased cold damage), would I do 585 Fire Damage?

137.5 (.25 from 100 fire dmg and .25 from 50 cold dmg) + 137.5 if bow chose fire element or + 165 if chose lightning or cold element.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 18, 2016, 8:03:12 PM
I would love to know from official words what the cooldown of Fire Burst is from the Essence of Hysteria weapon modifier. It seems to be 500ms but with 10% chance on hit it's hard to know for sure.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Sep 19, 2016, 10:36:15 AM
Hi, I have a question about the commander of darkness necro node.
How does this ability function when next to totems. Seeing as how totems count as allies I would expect the damage boost to be applied twice. I would not expect the damage buff to show up as tooltip damage for the second application however.. Does it work the way I expect and can someone explain the interaction?
"
"
zio_kose wrote:
If i use "Doomfletch's Prism Royal Bow" and have all damage converted to fire, do i get "330% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra fire Damage"? or only 110% extra fire damage and rest goes lost?

In your example, you'd need 2x call of the brotherhood to convert all damage to fire and not lose any residual non fire damage with avatar of fire.

you would gain 110% extra fire dmg. This could be scaled further depending on what increases you have on the passive tree and depending on what random element is chosen by the bow.

"
zio_kose wrote:
If i do 100 base physical damage before all conversion, would I do 430 Fire Damage?

No you'll do 100 + 110 = 210. Same as if you did not convert the damage. (w/o increases)

"
zio_kose wrote:
if i use "Izaro's Turmoil Crimson Jewel" best roll (25% increased fire damage and 25% increased cold damage), would I do 585 Fire Damage?

137.5 (.25 from 100 fire dmg and .25 from 50 cold dmg) + 137.5 if bow chose fire element or + 165 if chose lightning or cold element.

Doomfletch's PRISM give "110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of EACH Element" you're confusing with normal Doomfletch.

In my example:

Started with 100 physical

becomes

Lightning Arrow / 50 physical + 50 lightning

becomes

Call of the Brotherhood / 50 physical + 25 lightning + 25 cold

becomes

Pyre Ring / 50 physical + 25 lightning + 25 fire

becomes

FOR EXTRA DAMAGE

Fire 110%

Cold 110%

Lightning 110%

becomes

Fire 110%

Fire 110% (original cold but converted from pyre ring)

Fire 110% (original lightning but converted 50% in cold from Call of the Brotherhood that becomes 50% fire for pyre ring + 50% in fire from avatar of fire)

"
zio_kose wrote:

Doomfletch's PRISM give "110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of EACH Element" you're confusing with normal Doomfletch.

I didn't pay attention and didn't remember/knew of the fated version ...

After seeing your reply, once I got back home from work I did check back and I am getting the same results as you now ...

All damage is converted to fire (ok with the one Call of the Brotherhood)

It should be 430 fire dmg w/o any increases

It should be 585 fire dmg with 25% increased fire damage and 25% increased cold damage.

[regular hit]+[110% added as fire]+[110% added as lightning]+[110% added as cold]

[(50*1.25)+(25*1.25)+(25*1.5)]+[(110*1.25)]+[(55*1.25)+(55*1.5)]+[(110*1.5)] = 585 fire dmg.

My bad, I first answered from my cell phone and tried to do the maths in my head.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 19, 2016, 4:43:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info