Mechanical Questions Thread

How do % reductions stack? Let's say I use Temporal Chains (enemies are 29% slower) and Wither (36% reduced movement speed) on an enemy. How much percent of its original move speed does the enemy have left?

If it's similar to % faster start of ES recharge, then it should be 100 / (100 + 29 + 36) = 0.606, so 60.6%, right?
Last edited by Timeclasp on Sep 12, 2016, 6:24:20 AM
"
kais_fashion wrote:
Hey, i've got an issue with the "curse cast speed" in the whispers of doom notable wheel, it's not giving me any discernible increase of cast speed with my curse. when i apply it my cast speed modifier doesn't change and the cast time on the tooltip doesn't change. could you help me find out whats going on?

Due to an engine limitation, Curse Cast Speed does not show up on the tooltip. It does apply, though, but Curses are really quick regardless.

"
How do % reductions stack? Let's say I use Temporal Chains (enemies are 29% slower) and Wither (36% reduced movement speed) on an enemy. How much percent of its original move speed does the enemy have left?

Reductions (and Increases) stack additively. However, Temporal Chains is not a Reduced-type modifier, it is instead Slow, which is a separate function entirely. :)

Slow is a modifier that affects character action speed globally; it applies to all animations and actions that take time. Being a separate function to Increased/Reduced [something] Speed, it's effectively multiplicative with Reduced Movement Speed.
Slow from Chill and Temporal Chains is also multiplicative. Freeze is a 100% Slow, so whether it is additive or multiplicative is rather meaningless ;)

"
Nimaniel wrote:
Thanks, but where is this icon located?

It's the orange GGG cog, next to the Sticky icon. Mark also put a link to the staff-only filter in the opening post.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 12, 2016, 6:48:56 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Slow is a modifier that affects character action speed globally; it applies to all animations and actions that take time. Being a separate function to Increased/Reduced [something] Speed, it's effectively multiplicative with Reduced Movement Speed.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that. So let me try again: (100 - 29) / (100 + 36) = 52.2%?
Is crit chance entropy based? (does the game roll a number on cast and multiply it by the apropratiate base/inc crit chancemultipliers) and when the resulting number is 1 or higher the cast/attack will be critical. if i rolled non critical cast and then get close to an enemy while wearing eclipse solaris this will turn into a critical cast against the monster.(when the item raises that number over 1)

and diamond flasks would make that initial roll better by making it lucky.

when is damage rolled? i heard stories of izzaro starting his leap slam and at that point basalt/granite flask would not reduce the damage anymore because his damage on you has already been calculated even though he did not even hit yet.

similarly what happens when i cast a spell and use rallying cry afterwards will the already cast skill still benefit from the extra dmg? or if you get cursed after casting/the enemy gets cursed before being hit.

does the game roll your damage on cast with the values that are applicable at the time of casting and does it roll enemy damage reduction on being hit? and vice versa

what is the wake range?(range at which time freezes)

Last edited by Gendono on Sep 12, 2016, 6:22:10 PM
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that. So let me try again: (100 - 29) / (100 + 36) = 52.2%?

"

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!
I'm at 100% bonus for completing maps from the atlas.
Does this mean that when a map drops it will still drop a random one from 1 to 16.
But for example : I run a tier 12 maps but it drop a tier 10 (base) and it will rolled my tier 10 drop into a tier 11 (or even 12) right ?
Correct me if i'm wrong, just curious.
Nothing will overcome your Fear !!!
Are Cartographer boxes still capped to tier 12, or has it changed with 2.4 and new red maps starting at t11?
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
babubabu wrote:
do the "melee chance to bleed" (8% chance) nodes work for ancestral warchief totems?
under the DPS offence tab it does not show so I'm confused as to whether the node works or not.

Totems use your offensive modifiers, which includes on-Hit effects.

so it should work? its weird how there's no "chance to bleed" under the offense tab for my ancestral warchief skill..
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
babubabu wrote:
do the "melee chance to bleed" (8% chance) nodes work for ancestral warchief totems?
under the DPS offence tab it does not show so I'm confused as to whether the node works or not.

Totems use your offensive modifiers, which includes on-Hit effects.

so it should work? its weird how there's no "chance to bleed" under the offense tab for my ancestral warchief skill..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info