How do you generate so much currency?!

The rip-off isn't all bad-rap: how you look at the barter system depends on where you're from.

We should encourage buyers to try to negotiate with sellers, as standard RL practice in the barter market of many countries is to have sellers start really high and buyers start really low. You can say anything you want as long as you can pay the final price, as the seller is not allowed to look into your stash. ;)

What we *can* do is to:
(1) set up a stickied guide to navigating the bartering economy - too many people on both sides approach this as purely a western shop or an ebay bidding war. Some sellers can also be in need of, e.g. alts and fusings. Find out if they want anything. Throw in a cheaper unique you're not likely to use anytime soon. Muddle the waters a bit (hehe).
(2) Set up a rule-of-thumb price list for commmon items, which will be very vulnerable to manipulation. :P However, at least in big headings at the top we can put:
- NEVER START with 1 EXALT for these items... (list)
- These gems are LOW QUEST REWARD ITEMS, DON'T PAY more than X for them. In fact, tier them at Normal Act 1, Normal Act 2, and higher.

- PM a shop seller to see if they're willing to negotiable. Institute practice of adding non-negotiable (n/n) and or nearest offer (o.n.o.).

Just remember that bartering has no objective worth built in, it's what you think the item is worth. :D
Last edited by zharmad on Feb 20, 2013, 3:44:11 AM
someone tried to get me to give them chain for ethereal knives -_-. actually anytime I try to trade gems for gems people try to rip me off for 1-3 gcp worth gems when i am only asking for non qulaity quest reward / high drop rate gems
"
valarias wrote:
50% per member i.e. 300% (or 250%) not sure.

the information is widely available on poe's wiki.

Additive ofc..duh *facepalm myself*
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
"
faerwin wrote:
the real way is to flip items and rip off new players.

Don't believe anything else.

the secret to any ARPG

arbitrage basically ruined this entire genre for me
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
I once Traded a Orb of Chaos for a basic Gem once.... I WAS YOUNG AND FOOLISH
I usually sell non-qual ones for 1alc/1chaos depending on what gem it is..
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
"
Gahrlaag wrote:
Ok...
I've been looking in the trade forums quite frequently, buying and selling stuff as i go along..
And it amazes me how some people are bidding insane amounts of orbs for stuff, over and over again...
I've noticed a few users who are bidding recurrinly for 3-5 or even more exalts a day!!
Now, i can do a whole days of farming and not come up with more than probaly 2-3 gcps TOPS, how the heck do people generate so much currency?? what am i doing wrong here?

RMT. Way more people use it than you might think. Of course many ripoff new and inexperienced players too.

Lower lvl chars get more orbs for some reason, that's why you always get more orbs when you make a new char and less when you are at a higher level.
D2jsp and other various means,sometimes though a few people actually play the ARPG part and get lucky.
"
Gahrlaag wrote:
Ok...
I've been looking in the trade forums quite frequently, buying and selling stuff as i go along..
And it amazes me how some people are bidding insane amounts of orbs for stuff, over and over again...
I've noticed a few users who are bidding recurrinly for 3-5 or even more exalts a day!!
Now, i can do a whole days of farming and not come up with more than probaly 2-3 gcps TOPS, how the heck do people generate so much currency?? what am i doing wrong here?

Put in 50-60 hours a week and you'll have all that currency.
i just stack iir//iiq and grind maps.

check my thread for more about loot and maps i run :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475011

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info