[2.3] Ancestral Chieftain - Triple Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker 150K+DPS

Finally managed to get Redblade Tramplers and some nice rings set up.

Seeing 210K DPS with Concentrated Effect and Hinekora active.

I actually kill the Vaal bosses in regular Atziri too quickly, and it causes the other one to spit out their summons like crazy then teleport away. I may have to change my strategy there.

I can completely clear Atziri and Uber lab without conc effect, making it much safer as you don't need to constantly reposition the totems due to the smaller AoE.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
can someone explain pls how you guys manage to get 150k+ dps? my character is currently lvl 82 and almost same gears you have but im no where near close to that dps. My ancestral warchief tooltip only says 37k dps w/ conc effect on...

am I missing something here or what?
What you consider almost the same gear could be leaps and bounds if your physical dps additions are even 5-15 attack off from the gear we have. You have to keep in mind the immense attack scaling with the facebreakers. Make sure herald of ash and hatred are on. Then, with abyssus, attack on rings and amulet, 5L+ chest with warchief, melee physical, added fire, faster attacks and conc effect you should be about 45k-63k depending on some stat differences on gear.

I would recommend keeping faster attacks as a permanent gem over poison, especially once you have voidheart. This way your paper dps is much higher and your totems swing more often. Also, more attacks / second means more chances for your totems to taunt the enemy as the ascendancy passive for totem taunts is a % chance to begin with. I would however recommend keeping a poison gem in your inventory just like inc aoe/ conc effect for certain scenarios like Izaru depending on your preference.
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
Finally managed to get Redblade Tramplers and some nice rings set up.

Seeing 210K DPS with Concentrated Effect and Hinekora active.

I actually kill the Vaal bosses in regular Atziri too quickly, and it causes the other one to spit out their summons like crazy then teleport away. I may have to change my strategy there.

I can completely clear Atziri and Uber lab without conc effect, making it much safer as you don't need to constantly reposition the totems due to the smaller AoE.

What are you using for flasks on the twin bosses? If you do enough damage, you can kill the first one before the second one starts spawning adds, then kill the second one before he finishes spawning adds. (Try using a lion's roar flask w/ phase run active. They're immune to knockback, so the flask becomes very helpful against them.)

As far as triple bosses go... they just all die before I can even blink. Like I literally don't get to choose the order... and I don't need to. They just all get taunted and eat it.

This build's dps can go high enough to where Atziri herself is perma phase changing for me. She eats it, then splits, the split instantly dies... then she eats it again and splits immediately if you place totems fast enough w/ enough damage built into your build.
"
Bromantic wrote:
What you consider almost the same gear could be leaps and bounds if your physical dps additions are even 5-15 attack off from the gear we have. You have to keep in mind the immense attack scaling with the facebreakers. Make sure herald of ash and hatred are on. Then, with abyssus, attack on rings and amulet, 5L+ chest with warchief, melee physical, added fire, faster attacks and conc effect you should be about 45k-63k depending on some stat differences on gear.

I would recommend keeping faster attacks as a permanent gem over poison, especially once you have voidheart. This way your paper dps is much higher and your totems swing more often. Also, more attacks / second means more chances for your totems to taunt the enemy as the ascendancy passive for totem taunts is a % chance to begin with. I would however recommend keeping a poison gem in your inventory just like inc aoe/ conc effect for certain scenarios like Izaru depending on your preference.

this are my current gear! with hatred, herald of ash, conc effect, flame golem up, I only get 37,561.7 dps on ancestral warchief tooltip so if 3 totem = 112k dps only how do I increased it further?

and I plan on replacing my body armor what 5 link armor do you recommend, with my current setup im sitting at 4.1k HP and max resist on elements
Last edited by glocknine on Jun 27, 2016, 7:52:34 AM
"
glocknine wrote:

this are my current gear! with hatred, herald of ash, conc effect, flame golem up, I only get 37,561.7 dps on ancestral warchief tooltip so if 3 totem = 112k dps only how do I increased it further?

and I plan on replacing my body armor what 5 link armor do you recommend, with my current setup im sitting at 4.1k HP and max resist on elements

Here is my current gear for comparison:

The Redblade Tramplers added a good chunk of DPS. I'm also not sure if you're counting the DPS while Hinekora is active or not, I am.

It seems like your biggest DPS drop is your Facebreakers. Try to aim for 750+. They shouldn't be too expensive by this point (~5c)
"
Hecatus wrote:

What are you using for flasks on the twin bosses? If you do enough damage, you can kill the first one before the second one starts spawning adds, then kill the second one before he finishes spawning adds. (Try using a lion's roar flask w/ phase run active. They're immune to knockback, so the flask becomes very helpful against them.)

As far as triple bosses go... they just all die before I can even blink. Like I literally don't get to choose the order... and I don't need to. They just all get taunted and eat it.

This build's dps can go high enough to where Atziri herself is perma phase changing for me. She eats it, then splits, the split instantly dies... then she eats it again and splits immediately if you place totems fast enough w/ enough damage built into your build.

I actually try to avoid using flasks during combat unless it's for healing or movement. Damage flasks, to me, aren't really necessary as the build outputs way more than enough on it's own, so I like to keep my belt set up for a defensive posture. That's just me though.

For the twin Vaals, I could kill them both if I spawn them at the same time, but not if I spawn them separately... which is weird, but it works!
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:

Here is my current gear for comparison:

The Redblade Tramplers added a good chunk of DPS. I'm also not sure if you're counting the DPS while Hinekora is active or not, I am.

It seems like your biggest DPS drop is your Facebreakers. Try to aim for 750+. They shouldn't be too expensive by this point (~5c)

thanks for the reply! Oh so your dps is with hinekora? I have not done uber lab yet Im not sure if it is doable with my current stats 4.1k hp seems very low, I just change my facebreaker and boots to redblade tramplers and now my ancestral warchief tooltip is now at 55,368.7 dps (conc effect, hatred, herald of ash, flame golem up)

is your 210k dps the total combined dps of 3 totems or per totem?
"
glocknine wrote:

thanks for the reply! Oh so your dps is with hinekora? I have not done uber lab yet Im not sure if it is doable with my current stats 4.1k hp seems very low, I just change my facebreaker and boots to redblade tramplers and now my ancestral warchief tooltip is now at 55,368.7 dps (conc effect, hatred, herald of ash, flame golem up)

is your 210k dps the total combined dps of 3 totems or per totem?

Combined damage.

4.1K does seem a bit low, but you should still be able to pull it off if there's an easy setup (not sure what today's lab setup is like).

Easiest way is to keep increased AoE on instead of concentrated effect and just kite him to the best of your ability. Since your totems can taunt, he usually doesn't pay too much attention.

The trap damage is most concerning though, as your Abyssus is 48%. Basalt flasks should do well here, as they impact damage over time as well as hit damage. Not sure what your armor it should be comparable to using a nicely rolled granite.

If you're in HC I'd say avoid Uber lab until level 90+ and at least 5K life.
Currently running this build with about 65k full buffed. Pretty fun.

I was wondering if this build would be doable with a Hierophant Templar. 2 Extra totems means we dont need to run the quiver and use the Great old one's shield.

This is what I came up real quick. Pretty sure someone with better build making skills could improve it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAE8E-d2LjFhtrv1oWkqYZDPsLgRRzGY6FpRchoLAZgSzPAVFR6IA73y1BDLR8B_kIuvuaPIabHyDmuCvbDbpES2nlEWdC2EkqoP3Xl1TUsauFm8fAtH9xPauPhDM-tLjajbFBAevp3KpZ5v-h2aeg_OD20yzHM73MuRReyAWQFjlRKFVxpeVIG4rUOoYkn1QR_iThX0qE8MTrhJSU1AwDc12rNwj7w5aKz1f_lTPfphvFCCj8uXPXz8aPsEE8i95aKluP_zAGnfj6GZ4DW87AdwIsbXyhNluqjWScmxHfmSESsj-j9i9bEa9NgagTeMyCWVN-b2mV76nMZ4=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info