[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Has anyone tried EE? shouldn't that add a nice boost against bosses?
Ah i see now you picked it up from the right instead of the left so u don't have to convert dex that is why i was confused. I didn't notice that you could do that.
Last edited by Sargasm on Sep 16, 2016, 11:35:10 AM
"
deo_thegod wrote:
can anyone share their flask setup?

I will replace the rotgut with another quicksilver flask of adrenaline soon.

You can look the flask setup on character profile of other player in this thread.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
One of the nice things about Black Sun Crest is that you can keep any useful helmet enchantment, get another Black Sun and start enchanting it until you get something better. And use different helmets for different endgame bosses. For example, my main helmet has the TC ench, but I use a different one with AA ench for Uber Atziri and Phoenix, and yet another one (which I'm currently enchanting) for the Shaper:

15% black suns are rather expensive, though.
You can find them for 5c if you are patient and know how to use live search.
"
Btw i was so lazy i bought another WI Staff and 6 socketed it so i dont have to change gems for harder bosses anymore, just press X... feel so lazy but it was so worth it!

That's what I do all the time.

Staff #1 for trash clearing and all bosses except Rigwald, Uber Atziri and T16:

Staff #2 for the real bosses:

For the top bosses I replace Faster Casting in Staff #1 with Culling Strike, use staff #2 until the boss is almost dead, then press X. You can see my staff changing colors just before the kill in the 4 Guardian videos.

"
peccaraze wrote:
i got BBBR on my helmet so i try to run 3 auras, but i feel really annoying to can only cast 1 icestorm. do i have to have -mana reserve enchant or level 3 enlighten? (currently have level 2)

With lv 2 Enlighten in Black Sun you should be able to have mana for at least 2 casts. If you really don't have that much mana (low Int?), use Item Rarity instead of CE until your Enlighten levels up. You don't need CE until the top bosses anyway, IR is very good to have for mapping.

"
RoCKeTs wrote:
I wondered also if we could change the helmet for a good hubris i think we loose damage with the loss of intel but the ES should be worth it no ? (I'll ask a friend to lend me his 388es helmet to test that soon)

I was using this baby in 2.1:

Then I switched to Black Sun. It was a trade of something like 1.2k ES for 2k Icestorm damage which is a fantastic deal even with a 400 ES helmet. And using Black Sun allowed me to get enchantments easier and use different ones for different bosses.

"
Rivx wrote:
15% black suns are rather expensive, though.

Not nearly as expensive as good ES/Int rare Hubris'es.

"
RoCKeTs wrote:
Zealot's oath (life regen converted to ES regen) CAN'T work with vaal pact (Life regen disabled), he use it for 40% damage.

Mostly for 4 x 4.8 sec of the buff of your choice without refilling in the big boss fights. 40% inc damage is a really nice bonus on top of that.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 16, 2016, 1:32:10 PM
"
AiMBOYrEE wrote:
By the way when does a rare jewel get better than a 20%/20% + izaro ?

1. All increased dmg mods that work with this build are equal.
2. 10 Int is better than 10 inc dmg.

So just add all applicable mods together and compare the sum to your Izaro. A rare jewel is better than a 20/20 Izaro when the sum of its mods is greater than 40, especially if those mods include Int.

"
Sargasm wrote:
"
And for the final levels, should you decide to go that far, a few choices:
- (1 point) replace the useless Curse Cast Speed node near Whispers of Doom with the two Curse Effect nodes (+10% curse efficiency)
- (1 point) Lightning Walker or the 4th resist node near Diamond Skin (this may allow you to wear gloves/boots/armor with higher Int instead of resists)
- (2 points) Faith and Steel (ES and resists)
- (2 points) Nullification (ES and resists)
- (4 points) Shadow area socket (Izaro's Turmoil or rare)

I dont see a
"
BETWEEN Witch and
anywhere in there. I did look at the picture again but that didnt clear anything up...

The last socket on the right: you path to it from Ghost Reaver. There is no reason to path via the Dex nodes only to convert them to Int when you can just take Int nodes. We use Fertile Mind and Brute Force only when there are Dex/Str nodes nearby that we have to take regardless of the jewel. If the jewel doesn't convert any nodes then its worth is simply 24 Int, or about half of a good Izaro.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 16, 2016, 1:28:59 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I was using this baby in 2.1:

Then I switched to Black Sun. It was a trade of something like 1.2k ES for 2k Icestorm damage which is a fantastic deal even with a 400 ES helmet. And using Black Sun allowed me to get enchantments easier and use different ones for different bosses.

Ok, good to know, thanks for the replies.
"
RoCKeTs wrote:

For jewel placement :
Spoiler

And yes even with only one dex node it's worth it because you have 24 int (perf) + 10 int from conversion + implicit on corrupted jewel and 2 spell damage node.

This hits two dex nodes. Fertile mind is Large radius. If it was only one node it would not be worth it.
I started thinking that the most expensive item in this build is 3b1r black sun crest. I may have spend close to half ex to color it with no luck. So frustrating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info