[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
2016-08-30: Nothing changed in 2.4 for this build, except that bosses mitigate curses better now.

Yes they did. Take a look at how they nerfed Elementalist.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
"
2016-08-30: Nothing changed in 2.4 for this build, except that bosses mitigate curses better now.

This build never used Shaper iirc
"
monkuar wrote:
"

This build doesn't use elemental conflux - no nerf to Elementalist in this case then.

I'm planning of playing this build (again, I used it in the first 1/3 of Prophecy) but this time a friend is joining me with https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656032 - a guardian support. This will mean many things:

· +Anger, +Haste
· Enfeeble Aura, perma-cursing with Temporal Chains (should I make him change this for Elemental Weakness? - hard choices).
· +lots of ES and armor
· +lots of elemental resistances - any unique here considering I won't be needing as much resistances in the gear?

I've got a pair of questions regarding our sinergies:
-The curse choice. Elemental Weakness vs Temporal chains (I suppose TC is the one here. Maybe if we acquire a +1 curse amulet for him we can do 4 curses).
-Would you change anything from the build considering this permanent support? For example the CWDT setup, or the discipline aura (seems like little to do here except for having arctic armour and more mana). If so, how?
-+1 curse node and Doedre's Damning --> I'll change doedre's damning for a +int, +castspeed, +firedamage ring. The 5 points I end up saving with the curse node where should I put them? Maybe Foresight+Trickery? Unnatural Calm? 3 int nodes + jewel node at the far right? +40 int total from the path to the +30 int node near Vaal Pact because of fertile mind?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by KurthDeimos on Aug 31, 2016, 1:31:26 PM
"
Saga1234 wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"

This build never used Shaper iirc

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. Was thinking of something else. This build is still extremely viable then for 2.4, cannot wait :). I'd happily roll one again, was a blast to level.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 31, 2016, 11:37:41 AM
"
sikat wrote:
Do you think this build can be used as the starter char in the new essence league? I haven't checked whispering ice and astramentis prices in the first 1-2 days of the league.

No idea really. The previous two leagues kinda spoiled us with cheap accessible uniques. Now it's going to be back to how it was in Warbands/Talisman. But I wasn't playing this build back then and don't know if getting WI and Astramentis was easy enough to start playing it on the first day. They don't seem to be too rare, nothing like Perandus Signet (yet another reason to use Pyre+Doedre).

I personally don't plan on starting in the Essence league on the 1st day. Checking out the new endgame in Standard is too much fun to wait days or weeks before getting there in the new league.

"
Epsi_ wrote:
Hey, I have few questions.

First : why is there such a big tooltip DPS difference between your Scion and Witch guide ? You've around the same intell and i can't figure where the 4k DPS are coming from.
"
The power level is very close (the Witch is safer and does more damage

it confuses me a lot :p

Scion's stats are from 2.2 where we had the OP leech from Ascendant Berserker and used an extra DPS gem instead of Life Leech. The tooltip was about 30% higher.

I've been playing the Witch version in 2.3 and kinda neglected the Scion for a while. I'll take her to 100 and update her stats in 2.4 some time soon.

"
Why do you use Pyre instead of Avatar of Fire + cold to fire like in your Scion guide ? In the end you lose very little DPS between Cold to fire and Controlled destruction
It also means you can use a second Perandus ring, which is insane.

Pyre:
- is a DPS upgrade (CD instead of CtF)
- frees up 2 skill points, i.e. you achieve build goals 2 levels earlier
- makes maxing resists a lot easier
- costs nothing (Perandus Signet in a new league... PITA)

All that for a small amount of ES (about 500-600). Witch doesn't get quite as much Int as the Scion, so the bonus from Perandus doesn't even show until about lv 85, and it's not as large as Scion's even in mid-90's.

"
And last but not the least, since you're not using that Doedre ring (cf your Scion guide), where did you get a second "+1 curse on ennemies" (since the first is in the tree).

Doedre's Damning is used by both Witch and Scion. Unless you can get your hands on a +1 curse Astramentis.

"
Anavels wrote:
Is using leap slam mandatory? I really don't like it.

Not mandatory until high end content. It's really clunky without high level + high quality FA too. I didn't bother using it until I leveled FA 19/20.

But when you get to the red maps and Uber Lab - that Fortify is priceless. It will make the difference between getting 1-shot by a charged-up Uber Izaro and farming Uber Lab with max keys comfortably.

"
Shiverwarp wrote:
We still have access to prophecies, just less silver coins drop, no?

The prophecy for WI was very rare. I only got it once in all my time in the Prophecy league. It did make WI very cheap in that league because of the large number of players around for whom it had no value. But don't count on it in the Essence league.

"
sikat wrote:
A question about prophecy mechanics,
If i get the prophecy, i should wait to level 50 to complete it to get a 6-linkable staff. Correct?

No, it doesn't depend on your level. As long as the monster that drops it is lv 50+. So if you have one for Merciless - that's good enough. Not sure if A3 Cruel is lv 50 or not.

But yes, you do need iLvl 50 on WI, otherwise it can't have 6 sockets.

"
Koksii wrote:
My question is whats the major differences between the witch and scion one (im asking because the tooltips are very different)? Which one do you prefer?

Another question is about the clear speed. Can i just cast a blizzard and move on in lower maps?

Witch is not afraid of elemental reflect. At all. You can do 18% ele reflect maps and won't even notice it. Or reflect -maxres, and still barely see it. Witch also does more DPS than the Scion.

Scion is fast. Her clear speed and xp/hour is noticeably higher than the Witch'es.

I don't have a preference. When I need the top power (e.g. farm Core, Colosseum or Uber Atziri) I play the Witch. Otherwise I play the Scion cause everything goes faster with her (e.g. Uber Lab runs).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 31, 2016, 4:49:39 PM
as of 2.4 i would like to switch from wraithiri's crit arc witch, to this build, im currently lvl 85..
could you give me some tips how to switch over? what gems do i keep , do i need to rechoose my ascendancy?
"
KurthDeimos wrote:
I'm planning of playing this build (again, I used it in the first 1/3 of Prophecy) but this time a friend is joining me with https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656032 - a guardian support. This will mean many things:

· +Anger, +Haste
· Enfeeble Aura, perma-cursing with Temporal Chains (should I make him change this for Elemental Weakness? - hard choices).
· +lots of ES and armor
· +lots of elemental resistances - any unique here considering I won't be needing as much resistances in the gear?

-The curse choice. Elemental Weakness vs Temporal chains (I suppose TC is the one here. Maybe if we acquire a +1 curse amulet for him we can do 4 curses).
-Would you change anything from the build considering this permanent support? For example the CWDT setup, or the discipline aura (seems like little to do here except for having arctic armour and more mana). If so, how?
-+1 curse node and Doedre's Damning --> I'll change doedre's damning for a +int, +castspeed, +firedamage ring. The 5 points I end up saving with the curse node where should I put them? Maybe Foresight+Trickery? Unnatural Calm? 3 int nodes + jewel node at the far right? +40 int total from the path to the +30 int node near Vaal Pact because of fertile mind?

Thanks in advance.

Anger? Hmm... I haven't tried that (too expensive to run it yourself). Will be interesting to see how much it adds to Icestorm.

Don't change the curses. Enfeeble, TC and WM are the best. You don't need EW/Flammability all that much. You have an enormous resist penetration already. If your friend gets a 4th curse, then go with EW or Flammability.

Since you won't be the one responsible for cursing the enemies:
- you don't need Doedre's and can go with Perandus;
- you don't need Whispers of Doom and can spend the nodes elsewhere
- you don't need the CWDT curse setup (5 free gem slots!)
- you don't need WM+Blasphemy

But you will still have the mana for 1 aura on your char in addition to Discipline and AA, e.g. Purity of Fire.

Since resists won't be an issue and you will have so much defense from your partner, you can use Skyforth and drop US.

Where to spend the skill points? Depends on what level you are. The obvious choices: jewel socket near Ghost Reaver, Trickery.

"
darkowozzd97 wrote:
as of 2.4 i would like to switch from wraithiri's crit arc witch, to this build, im currently lvl 85..
could you give me some tips how to switch over? what gems do i keep , do i need to rechoose my ascendancy?

You get a free full reset with 2.4. The skill tree and Ascendancy is in the first post. Just reset your char according to those. If you are lower than lv 91 then follow the Leveling section and take the nodes as if you were leveling.

Gems and gear are in the first post as well.

This build has nothing in common with a crit Arc build. Completely different principles, gear and play style. You will be changing everything. So pretend that this is a new char and start from scratch, except that you skip the leveling.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 31, 2016, 5:44:40 PM
so if i get a +1 curse astramentis i use perandus signet instead of doedres?

capping res will be a problem i think :/ maybe i should focus on resists for jewels?
Last edited by Koksii on Aug 31, 2016, 6:04:17 PM
"
Koksii wrote:
so if i get a +1 curse astramentis i use perandus signet instead of doedres?

Yes.

"
capping res will be a problem i think :/ maybe i should focus on resists for jewels?

Capping resists with Pyre should not be a problem at all. It's pretty easy to even overcap them by 10% and respec Kraityn into a skill point.

Just remember that Diamond Skin comes in after lv 70 and don't expect your resists capped until then. You don't need max cold or lightning resists before that either.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
KurthDeimos wrote:

· +Anger, +Haste
· +lots of ES and armor

Thanks in advance.

Anger? Hmm... I haven't tried that (too expensive to run it yourself). Will be interesting to see how much it adds to Icestorm.

Don't change the curses. Enfeeble, TC and WM are the best. You don't need EW/Flammability all that much. You have an enormous resist penetration already. If your friend gets a 4th curse, then go with EW or Flammability.

Since you won't be the one responsible for cursing the enemies:
- you don't need Doedre's and can go with Perandus;
- you don't need Whispers of Doom and can spend the nodes elsewhere
- you don't need the CWDT curse setup (5 free gem slots!)
- you don't need WM+Blasphemy

But you will still have the mana for 1 aura on your char in addition to Discipline and AA, e.g. Purity of Fire.

Since resists won't be an issue and you will have so much defense from your partner, you can use Skyforth and drop US.

Where to spend the skill points? Depends on what level you are. The obvious choices: jewel socket near Ghost Reaver, Trickery.

"
darkowozzd97 wrote:

You get a free full reset with 2.4. The skill tree and Ascendancy is in the first post. Just reset your char according to those. If you are lower than lv 91 then follow the Leveling section and take the nodes as if you were leveling.

Gems and gear are in the first post as well.

This build has nothing in common with a crit Arc build. Completely different principles, gear and play style. You will be changing everything. So pretend that this is a new char and start from scratch, except that you skip the leveling.

Thank you! Wow, it'll be interesting to play around this change in the build ^^ We already had a test in standard and my dps increases quite a bit with anger + haste (and clarity makes my mana stay right where it belongs, up :P).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info