[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Newwt wrote:
Can you make a Templar version of this build or just advise on the differences of the Templar build vs other classes

I want to try something new in 2.4, but I'm waiting to see the changes in 2.4 first. Doesn't make sense to make a build just days before a major buff/nerf.
Rarity: Rare
Rune Track
Conjurer Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 82 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 151
Dex: 66
Int: 95
--------
Sockets: R-R-B-R
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently
--------
+55 to Intelligence
+49 to maximum Mana
+46% to Fire Resistance
+47% to Lightning Resistance
25% increased Movement Speed
66% increased Energy Shield
ive gotten this from a uber lab can i spec out of UW if i dont plan on doing core or colosseum?
i might try uber atziri if im lucky with a hope though
Last edited by Relivator on Aug 26, 2016, 7:49:32 PM
"
Relivator wrote:
80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently
ive gotten this from a uber lab can i spec out of UW if i dont plan on doing core or colosseum?
i might try uber atziri if im lucky with a hope though

Core, Colosseum, Uber Atziri, Uber Izaro, Necropolis Merveil... I'm sure at least some of the new bosses in 2.4 will be using stun too.

By not getting the 0.6% life and mana leech enchant you also make yourself more vulnerable against a number of mods, and some other mod combos become simply impossible (e.g. No Regen + Hexproof).

US costs 5 tree nodes. You can't get anything better than an extra jewel socket with them if you are below lv 94, or just 50-60 Int if you already have all sockets (lv 94). Stun immunity is really worth 5 tree nodes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 26, 2016, 11:07:06 PM
I apologize if you have answered this question before but how do you get so much cast speed? I can get 1.8 or so max with onslaught. I don't have the extra golem ascendency node yet but there's no way that gives me a whole other cast per sec.

Thank you.

EDIT: nvm. 1.56 is my default attack aps. Icestorm is 2.35 cps. I didn't click on the skill until i noticed the frame around your icestorm skill. live and learn
Last edited by sandman143 on Aug 31, 2016, 1:26:22 AM
Hi, any changes planned in 2.4? Also I would ask, how is this build getting so low ES? WI is usually at 10k with no problems even with a crap gear, I believe my gear is still far from optimal, but I'm only at 7,2k ES with lvl 87, 1300 int not even my dmg is that high
How do you think this build will alter in 2.4 with curse effectiveness and Elementalist nerfs?
2.4 patch notes are up, and nothing changed for this build. No buffs, no nerfs.

Just one change that affects us: bosses mitigate curses harder now. Instead of 60% decreased effect of curses they now have X% LESS effect of curses (I don't know the value of X yet). I can see Core Malachai being slightly harder than before. But most other bosses were not powerful enough for this change to matter much.

We don't use Shaper of Desolation, so the nerf to it doesn't affect us.

"
Gladiator25CZ wrote:
Hi, any changes planned in 2.4? Also I would ask, how is this build getting so low ES? WI is usually at 10k with no problems even with a crap gear, I believe my gear is still far from optimal, but I'm only at 7,2k ES with lvl 87, 1300 int not even my dmg is that high

No changes planned. The same thing that worked in 2.3 should work in 2.4 just fine.

Low ES? This build originated from the first WI Scion AoF build that indeed had a lot of ES but still couldn't facetank anything serious. I traded a whole lot of ES for a whole lot of survivability and DPS. You only need as much ES as you can lose in one round of combat. Then you leech it all back.

Most of the trade-off is from using Black Sun Crest instead of high ES rare helmets, and Doedre+Pyre instead of Perandus Signets.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 30, 2016, 10:39:51 PM
Hello,
Do you think this build can be used as the starter char in the new essence league? I haven't checked whispering ice and astramentis prices in the first 1-2 days of the league.

Thx in advance.

"
sikat wrote:
Hello,
Do you think this build can be used as the starter char in the new essence league? I haven't checked whispering ice and astramentis prices in the first 1-2 days of the league.

Thx in advance.

Wondering the same thing
Hey, I have few questions.

First : why is there such a big tooltip DPS difference between your Scion and Witch guide ? You've around the same intell and i can't figure where the 4k DPS are coming from.
"
The power level is very close (the Witch is safer and does more damage

it confuses me a lot :p

Why do you use Pyre instead of Avatar of Fire + cold to fire like in your Scion guide ? In the end you lose very little DPS between Cold to fire and Controlled destruction + it frees up those ball lightning slots you're using to proc elemental overlord. Correct me if i'm wrong. Edit : woops, you're also using that one to proc Mastermind of Discord

It also means you can use a second Perandus ring, which is insane.

And last but not the least, since you're not using that Doedre ring (cf your Scion guide), where did you get a second "+1 curse on ennemies" (since the first is in the tree).

Last edited by Epsi_ on Aug 31, 2016, 2:21:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info