[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

well astramentis is probably to much of a cut.
If u don't use Skyforth u could probably go deeper into the ranger area and get the stun avoid notes 28%.
This don't save u completly but can help for the time being..
But astramentis is a huge int factor and what most people forget this build has quite the str reqs.. ~150 or something for warlord mark ..
And without this amu u can get in trouble there ..
"
Quazifuji wrote:
"
Majin111 wrote:

You're wrong. 12% spell damage is better than 8% elemental damage. Elemental damage does not double dip on conversion (it has to be increased cold and increased fire damage on separate lines like snowforged).

Love this built so far (only lvl 76 yet). Thanks for the original poster and all others with the improvements!

One comment (hope I am not calculating anything wrong):

The Jewel slot at the scion give at max 34 Int (24 from Fertile Mind and one converted 10 dex node not yet reached by the Fertile MInd jewel slot near Vaal Pact).

If you instead get Trickery, you will get 30 Int, 20 Elemental Damage and 20 Increased Crit and 10 dex (the last two not that helpful, but does not hurt either)

So its
34 Int, -10 Dex, 12 Spell Damage
or
30 Int, +10 Dex, 20 Elemental Damage, 20 Inc. Crit.
for the same number of points (3) and you save one Fertile Mind Jewel in the budget

So tree would look like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwc5x1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fM4c1uTbFOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFMi0yzUEJRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l8qX2pfsGZUaGVqHm0Zb5535Xy7f8aCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljDaOvo7pjxqPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCX9Juhm7Wdrp7Nn8uhL6IuoqOmmacIpyunMK-br6e0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9spKytPQH9DQ0iHUB9Wm2CTZYdyN323fsOQi6-Tr7uwY7DjvS-987-vyL_Ob

Spoiler
Alternatively you could take the Elemental Damage nodes as suggested with the 30 dex or 30 Str and use Fertile Mind or Brute Force and get
54 Int, 8 Elemental Damage for 4 points

Hi Kelvynn

how did u manage to hit resist cap without really good gear at the start?

as of now this is my 2nd character.. funding is low
Why not using the belt "Bated Breath"? 50% faster ES reg is insane.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
i would say it depends what u are doing ... probably a great choice for Über Lab.
Not a good choice for core or colloseum ;)
"
frannyx04 wrote:
Hi Kelvynn

I'd recommend just not using auxium and getting a high end tri-res belt, just remember to roll immune to chill/freeze on your flasks and play a little carefully. Honestly from what I've found even if you get frozen you'll just outleech while killing everything, but if your current volleys aren't enough and you get chain frozen it'll kill you. To be fair a lot of mobs still freeze me at like the 10-11 map level anyway because I only have around 6k es, es is expensive to get a lot of especially with no shield/so many uniques/basically only 3 places to build it. The build is budget to an extent and you can make allowences here and there but take my word for it, this sis actually a pretty expensive build when you try to min max or enter high end maps.
"
Greymane2k wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Replacing Astramentis with Chayula would absolutely destroy this build. You'd lose an insane amount of ES, damage, and you wouldn't be able to use half of your gems.

People keep making that mistake: thinking that all those nodes on the way to US are wasted or something. But they are all Int nodes, except 5. The stun immunity is achieved for the price of just five nodes. Everything else is converted to Int and gives you DPS and ES.

I get that Astramentis is a fantastic item for this Int-based build, I was more so talking about a temporary thing until you have your stun immunity since getting stun locked can be one of the most likely ways to die on an ES build.

I also see that most of the nodes are at least semi-useful, and that you're converting most of the STR to INT with the Brute Force Solutions jewel, it just doesn't *look* efficient. I mean how much STR does the build actually need? And could you make up the INT of by pathing differently on the tree, more towards Shadow or something and then using Chayula and ignoring the Marauder area? I guess what I'm asking is if this is really min/max'd or not, while I'm leveling it (only 65 so far) I keep getting the gut feeling that it's kind of a mess but haven't actually looked at whether or not it could be improved in any way.

Also I'm assuming you don't spec into Shaper of Desolation (for the Shock) because of the non-synergy with Elemental Focus? and because it wouldn't really help on single target/bosses that don't have nearby adds to kill?

Anyway no offense intended by any of these questions, I am very inexperienced with this build and just curious about these things. Keep in mind that my questions are coming from the perspective of someone playing on HC which is maybe why I might be feeling more uncertain about the tree/setup than I should be. I just don't want to end up in a situation where I have 30k DPS but am getting stun locked and one-shot through a 5.5k ES pool or something like that.

Astramentis is very important for leveling as well. That 100+ Int gives a very nice ES and DPS boost that makes leveling a breeze. And it lets you use the red and green gems that you couldn't use without it. Stun is not a problem during leveling anyway.

How much Str this build needs? You can just mouse over the gems and see: at least 111 (Fire Pen), at best 155 (WM and IC). Also very important: 111 Dex (FA), or at least 98 (AA, TC) which is even harder to get without Astramentis since we don't take any unconverted Dex nodes at all.

If you have a more efficient pathing in mind, feel free to propose it. A lot of different pathing options have been considered already. The current pathing is the best of what me and others could come up with. And who cares how it looks, as long as it works so well.

Shaper of Desolation is not used for two reasons:

1. It only works against trash (as long as you keep killing something), but our DPS against trash is already excessive. I clear trash with Item Rarity instead of CE in any maps with any mods, and only switch to CE for the toughest of bosses. Shaper is useless against bosses, and that's the only time you really need it.

2. Not enough Ascendancy points. To get Shaper, you'd have to drop Liege, Paragon or Mastermind - all of which are FAR more useful.

"
brenador wrote:
One comment (hope I am not calculating anything wrong):

The Jewel slot at the scion give at max 34 Int (24 from Fertile Mind and one converted 10 dex node not yet reached by the Fertile MInd jewel slot near Vaal Pact).

If you instead get Trickery, you will get 30 Int, 20 Elemental Damage and 20 Increased Crit and 10 dex (the last two not that helpful, but does not hurt either)

So its
34 Int, -10 Dex, 12 Spell Damage
or
30 Int, +10 Dex, 20 Elemental Damage, 20 Inc. Crit.
for the same number of points (3) and you save one Fertile Mind Jewel in the budget

The jewel slot near Scion gives 44 Int. The same Dex node can be (and is) converted by both Fertile Minds and gives +20 Int. Therefore, it's 44 Int + 12 Dmg vs 30 Int + 20 Dmg. Or 14 Int vs 8 Dmg. 10 Int is already better than 10 Dmg. Dex and Crit are irrelevant here.

Trickery is an option for much later (lv 97 or so).

"
Alternatively you could take the Elemental Damage nodes as suggested with the 30 dex or 30 Str and use Fertile Mind or Brute Force and get
54 Int, 8 Elemental Damage for 4 points.

That's even less efficient and never comes into play because that would require lv 101. There are better things to take all the way to lv 100.

"
frannyx04 wrote:
Hi Kelvynn

My resists were not capped until lv 85 or so and 2nd or 3rd set of endgame gear. The only resist you must max is fire (because of reflect). And even that not always. I routinely farm high tier maps with Ele Weakness and -maxres (sometimes even both). Non-maxed resists simply mean you take more elemental damage. But very few enemies are capable of doing enough damage to worry about.

There's a video of the Scion version of this build MFing in Tier 15 Abyss with 40% resists.

You only need max resists for the hardest bosses.

"
Tennian wrote:
I'd recommend just not using auxium and getting a high end tri-res belt, just remember to roll immune to chill/freeze on your flasks and play a little carefully.

Relying on flasks is a chore IMO. I'd much rather play with non-maxed resists.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 7, 2016, 6:26:08 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

The jewel slot near Scion gives 44 Int. The same Dex node can be (and is) converted by both Fertile Minds and gives +20 Int. Therefore, it's 44 Int + 12 Dmg vs 30 Int + 20 Dmg. Or 14 Int vs 8 Dmg. 10 Int is already better than 10 Dmg. Dex and Crit are irrelevant here.

Trickery is an option for much later (lv 97 or so).

Thanks for educating me, never tried double conversion myself so I was oblivious with regards to this :)
"
Tennian wrote:

I'd recommend just not using auxium and getting a high end tri-res belt, just remember to roll immune to chill/freeze on your flasks and play a little carefully. Honestly from what I've found even if you get frozen you'll just outleech while killing everything, but if your current volleys aren't enough and you get chain frozen it'll kill you. To be fair a lot of mobs still freeze me at like the 10-11 map level anyway because I only have around 6k es, es is expensive to get a lot of especially with no shield/so many uniques/basically only 3 places to build it. The build is budget to an extent and you can make allowences here and there but take my word for it, this sis actually a pretty expensive build when you try to min max or enter high end maps.

WOW thanks for the reply :) really appreciate it

"
Kelvynn wrote:

My resists were not capped until lv 85 or so and 2nd or 3rd set of endgame gear. The only resist you must max is fire (because of reflect). And even that not always. I routinely farm high tier maps with Ele Weakness and -maxres (sometimes even both). Non-maxed resists simply mean you take more elemental damage. But very few enemies are capable of doing enough damage to worry about.

There's a video of the Scion version of this build MFing in Tier 15 Abyss with 40% resists.

You only need max resists for the hardest bosses.

thank you for the video and reply i'll work on the equipment for max fire first
On the plus side im in SC league so no worries on Ripping till 90ish when leveling gets hard
Last edited by frannyx04 on Jul 8, 2016, 10:35:50 AM
well i will give up my whispering ice build :)
Still great build great guide ^^ keep the nice work going ^^
If anyone has some great sugestions for an aura+crit Storm Caller maybe low life
Occultist / Elementalist / Pathfinder u can give me a link ;)

thx for a great build
Last edited by Majin111 on Jul 8, 2016, 5:22:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info