[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I re-did a character in stnd over the weekend testing this build and even though the gear was iffy, gems not leveled up all the way (most of them), she did remarkably well even in t12 maps. I am thinking of using it or something similar in new league and I have to say I liked what I saw.
Censored.
"
Kurnis wrote:
Noob question (that I'm almost too embarrassed to ask):

Icestorm stacks with itself right? Even if you cast it again before the last one ends?

Longer spell duration = more damage, correct?

I know the answer must be 'yes', but I had to ask :)

Yes indeed. You appreciate that even more when you kill the boss 3 seconds after you die from the left-over icestorm...
Pros and cons of this build compared to Wither CwC firestorm? Seems like pretty similar playstyles but chaos converted firestorm gets to abuse the yet unnerfed poison double dipping for a lot more damage.
"
Astrohawke wrote:
Pros and cons of this build compared to Wither CwC firestorm? Seems like pretty similar playstyles but chaos converted firestorm gets to abuse the yet unnerfed poison double dipping for a lot more damage.

I don't really know the other one at all, but the point of this build is that it uses Icestorm as the skill. As long as they can all do all the content, then it's just about what skill you want to use. Unless you want to use those clearspeed builds of course.
"
Levirael wrote:
"
kareNZa wrote:
Hi Kelvynn awesome guide Im a bit confused why your gear shows a life leech gem if we go CI

There is a passive (ghost reaver I think) that applies life leech to ES.

Thanks Levirael you can see why I still follow builds
ign: Kza_Taza
play since beta and dont know about ghost reaver lul
So Pyre is getting a nerf? Thoughts about that?
"
kazeshinii wrote:
So Pyre is getting a nerf? Thoughts about that?

avatar of fire and cold to fire support gem
GGG just announced that Pyre will be nerfed in 2.6. Which means we are going back to the old fire conversion scheme: AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet. It will result in slightly lower DPS and slightly higher ES. Nothing major.

Also, the 12% block mod on the staff is getting buffed to 18%. Nice.

Stay tuned for more announcements from GGG.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 22, 2017, 6:58:10 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
GGG just announced that Pyre will be nerfed in 2.6. Which means we are going back to the old fire conversion scheme: AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet. It will result in slightly lower DPS and slightly higher ES. Nothing major.

Also, the 12% block mod on the staff is getting buffed to 18%. Nice.

Stay tuned for more announcements from GGG.

Why is leaving icestorm as a cold skill so much worse than wasting gems/ unique slots converting it to fire? Assuming you are casting it manualy over cwc scorching ray.
Last edited by Purdurabo12 on Feb 22, 2017, 7:18:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info