[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Reading herald of ice, it literally says "damage cannot be reflected".

So while I probably misunderstand the mechanics (it probably just prevents reflection of damage caused by herald of ice) I did not misread the spell.

Edit: after reading it more closely, I'm assuming it means the explosion damage can't be reflected. Confused me because it's in the green text and the "damage cannot be reflected" is in blue. Anyways, nevermind.
Last edited by Kurnis on Feb 17, 2017, 3:36:21 AM
Levels 1-36 were a breeze. Then things got a little difficult in dominus, dry lake, mines, kaoms dream. The blasphemy + warlords mark doesn't really give you any sort of meaningful leech if you're just fighting, say, dominus by himself, or voll when he doesn't have his adds. Plus, I started fighting a shitton of hexproof rares and blues, which did a pretty good job of owning me. I dunno, maybe I switched to pyre too soon because the freeze from the pulse might have been nice vs those enemies. I probably should have just used clarity for those situations as well and turn off the aura. Also, I was thinking I probably should have stayed away from Kaom's dream until 39 because of the shitton of naturally hexproof enemies like the totems. Those saplings man...

Anyways, 39 and onward though the build came alive and everything gets utterly owned. I'm still relatively new to this game so I was probably missing something in the early levels but I couldn't figure out what.
Last edited by EatThemInstead on Feb 17, 2017, 4:21:29 PM
"
Levels 1-36 were a breeze. Then things got a little difficult in dominus, dry lake, mines, kaoms dream. The blasphemy + warlords mark doesn't really give you any sort of meaningful leech if you're just fighting, say, dominus by himself, or voll when he doesn't have his adds. Plus, I started fighting a shitton of hexproof rares and blues, which did a pretty good job of owning me. I dunno, maybe I switched to pyre too soon because the freeze from the pulse might have been nice vs those enemies. I probably should have just used clarity for those situations as well and turn off the aura. Also, I was thinking I probably should have stayed away from Kaom's dream until 39 because of the shitton of naturally hexproof enemies like the totems. Those saplings man...

Anyways, 39 and onward though the build came alive and everything gets utterly owned. I'm still relatively new to this game so I was probably missing something in the early levels but I couldn't figure out what.

I thought I moved the part about the WM aura vs Clarity after moving the switch to CI to lv 39. My bad. Fixed now. Just continue with Freezing Pulse using Clarity and Discipline until lv 39.

Pyre is not used until the switch to Icestorm. Converting Freezing Pulse to fire is a bad idea.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 17, 2017, 6:10:17 PM
Any reason we don't just link temp/enfeeble to orb or storms and use vaal disc with the extra blue spot?
I saw in the templar build that selfcast did around 10% more damage than cwc, is that true with the witch too?

also, why get catalyse, in the skill tree? it gives 24% more elemental damage with weapons. Does this count towards Icestorm damage?
Last edited by Kurnis on Feb 18, 2017, 1:39:39 AM
"
Kurnis wrote:
I saw in the templar build that selfcast did around 10% more damage than cwc, is that true with the witch too?

also, why get catalyse, in the skill tree? it gives 24% more elemental damage with weapons. Does this count towards Icestorm damage?

Because it gives you 20 Int.
U MAD?
derp! thanks :)

thoughts on selfcast vs cwc?
Last edited by Kurnis on Feb 18, 2017, 3:05:17 AM

Hope i drop this again next league.
"
Kurnis wrote:

It were my calculations for templar about cwc vs selfcast. Good portion of selfcast damage was coming from greatly boosted cast speed.

In exact case Inquisitor have 59 cast speed from ascendacy where Elementalist have only 8 cast speed from her ascendancy. I don't have access to pre-built WI Elementalist to make same calculations, but I believe CWC is better option for this class.
Last edited by ekunholy on Feb 18, 2017, 11:45:24 AM
"
ekunholy wrote:
"
Kurnis wrote:

It were my calculations for templar about cwc vs selfcast. Good portion of selfcast damage was coming from greatly boosted cast speed.

In exact case Inquisitor have 59 cast speed from ascendacy where Elementalist have only 8 cast speed from her ascendancy. I don't have access to pre-built WI Elementalist to make same calculations, but I believe CWC is better option for this class.

Even if self-cast does slightly more DPS (according to all calculations the difference is not big, and it can be less as well as more) - the benefits of CwC outweigh it. I'll gladly trade 10% dps for not being stuck in the casting animation and never worrying about mana, let alone 2 skill points. And not needing Enlighten in a new league in nice.

"
Wearscapeirl wrote:
Any reason we don't just link temp/enfeeble to orb or storms and use vaal disc with the extra blue spot?

Orb has a limited range and needs to be cast manually. So then you'd be treating all trash like endgame bosses - too much work and it slows you down.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 18, 2017, 1:25:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info