[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I have the problems with Uul-Netol's Breach.
I do not have time to reach the teleport to him.
The timer ends.

I face-tank Izaro in uber-lab.
What's wrong? What do you advise?

Way to Esh, Xoph and Thul is not a problem.
Last edited by AdalonMage on Dec 21, 2016, 12:15:05 PM
"
Llama8 wrote:
I'm having problems with Izaro with my lvl 44 witch, I get through the trials ok but get killed by Izaro at the end when I've got him down to a small amount of life. I'm not sure if my gear is a bit lacking (~1.3k or thereabouts ES, not sure about Int but tooltip DPS on Icestorm is ~1k with CE, resists are capped or near capped) or if I'm just noobing out & not avoiding his attacks properly. I would like an Astramentis, I just don't have the ~90-100C to buy one. :(

Any suggestions?

Your issue is low Int = low DPS and leech amount.

Your boots have no Int. Get Shav boots. They are the best option all the way to lv 70.

Your gloves have no Int. Get gloves with Int, you can just craft ones good enough for that level (Catarina lv 3) but shouldn't be hard to find something for 1 alc.

Carnage Heart = no. 25% reduced ES is really not what you want, and it's only 40 Int. You can find an amulet with 60+ Int easily. Get one with some Str on it and you won't need to take the Str node, refund that.

Your 2nd ring is useless. You don't need to worry about resists in Normal and Cruel. You already get some from Pyre, and use a belt with as much resist as you can (tri-res belts with nothing else are dirt cheap). Get a ring with good Int and whatever resist, but Int is everything.

You are worrying way too much about resists. Refund Lightning Walker.

Empty socket between Witch and Shadow. Get a 2-mod jewel at least.

You are using CE way too early, the build is not ready for CE at lv 44 yet.

Replace CE and Spell Echo with Scorching Ray + CwC, you need to link 4 sockets in the staff, the 4 blue ones. Or at least 3 (SR-CwC-EF) if you don't get lucky with a couple of fuses. Do the linking first, and then color them, chromatics are way cheaper than fuses.

While I haven't done enough testing at high levels to see if SR-CwC is an upgrade for the Elementalist, it's absolutely fantastic for leveling as any class. I'm going to update all guides to use it when I have time.

And then try the Lab again and tell us how that goes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 21, 2016, 12:37:32 PM
"
I have the problems with Uul-Netol's Breach.
I do not have time to reach the teleport to him.
The timer ends.

I face-tank Izaro in uber-lab.
What's wrong? What do you advise?

Way to Esh, Xoph and Thul is not a problem.

You need more DPS.

Use CE instead of Item Rarity (duh!)

Remember to use Orb of Storms every 10 sec to trigger Mastermind. You really want that resist penetration there.

Refund Foresight and the 4th 10% damage node at Snowforged. Swap the 2 curse effect nodes at Whispers of Doom to the 1 useless curse node there. Use these 4 points to take the jewel socket near Ghost Reaver.

Your Fertile Mind is only 20 Int, they are dirt cheap. Get 23-24 Int.

You need better boots. 232 ES is great but everything else on them needs upgrading. This build is not about ES, it's about Int (which gives you ES too).
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Use CE instead of Item Rarity (duh!)

Of course I use CI instead IR on bosses and in the Breaches.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Remember to use Orb of Storms every 10 sec to trigger Mastermind. You really want that resist penetration there.

On bosses, of course, I use the storm. But there is a timer tick-tock tick-tock, and it's not just the DPS, the case is likely that the mobs are hiding behind the bookshelves, they are dispersed and not in a hurry to run to me.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Refund Foresight and the 4th 10% damage node at Snowforged. Swap the 2 curse effect nodes at Whispers of Doom to the 1 useless curse node there. Use these 4 points to take the jewel socket near Ghost Reaver.
OK. I'll try.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Your Fertile Mind is only 20 Int, they are dirt cheap. Get 23-24 Int.

OK, but +2-3 Int is not much when general intelligence is one and a half thousand.
Isn't it?

P.S.
In Breach on the way to a portal I don't need 3-rd curse.
I change Doedre's Damning on +40 int, +10% to fire and +9% to cold breach ring.
Last edited by AdalonMage on Dec 21, 2016, 1:27:39 PM
"
On bosses, of course, I use the storm. But there is a timer tick-tock tick-tock, and it's not just the DPS, the case is likely that the mobs are hiding behind the bookshelves, they are dispersed and not in a hurry to run to me.

Well, your 15% movespeed boots are not helping... Try Quicksilver flasks with extra movespeed.
Hi Kelvynn, I am leveling in BHC with CwC for now (feels much smoother, especially on mana, and allows me to run 3 auras without Enlighten). Just hit Merciless at level 58.

I am running Valerian ring for now, until i hit US in a couple more levels just to be safe.

I am wondering, how important is Doedre's ring- is it really worth giving up a ring with high ES and Int (plus possible resists and dmg)?

Also what do you think about Alchemist nodes to improve flasks?

I am running a very defensive setup with Basalt and Granits (on top of Chaos Golem) and think with Alchemist I should be able to maintain near 100% up time on flasks to maintain a high amount of mitigation as I think that is the only thing this build (and most CI builds) lacks- scared of getting 1 shot.

Lastly, is Auxium still considered BIS prior to getting a good Crystal Belt?

Any other tips for level BHC would be greatly appreciated.

"
StickyEeeky wrote:
Hi Kelvynn, I am leveling in BHC with CwC for now (feels much smoother, especially on mana, and allows me to run 3 auras without Enlighten). Just hit Merciless at level 58.

I am running Valerian ring for now, until i hit US in a couple more levels just to be safe.

I am wondering, how important is Doedre's ring- is it really worth giving up a ring with high ES and Int (plus possible resists and dmg)?

I am running a very defensive setup with Basalt and Granits (on top of Chaos Golem) and think with Alchemist I should be able to maintain near 100% up time on flasks to maintain a high amount of mitigation as I think that is the only thing this build (and most CI builds) lacks- scared of getting 1 shot.

Valyrium while leveling in HC is a good idea as long as you can cover for the -cold res. But I didn't really feel a need for it on my HC witch (AgentW in my profile, I got to lv 64 before the new league started) and I can't afford it in HC anyway.

Of course, I would not recommend doing breaches in HC while leveling either - I don't think it worth the risk with incomplete build.

Doedre's Damning gives you the 3rd curse (TC). It's absolutely worth it, especially in HC.

This build doesn't rely on flasks. You shouldn't need 100% flask time for anything. There is always something better to grab for 3 nodes than Alchemist.

Auxium is still good until you get a good Crystal belt. Although in my HC experience with no budget I was forced to use any belt I could to max resists.

The only tip for leveling in HC is outlevel the content. You get to A4N at lv 34, grind 10 levels in the Lake, proceed. You get to A4C at lv 51, grind 10 levels in the Lake, proceed. You get to A4M... you got the idea. :)

Normal Lab was trivial after the Lake session in A4N. Grab the reflect mitigation first. Reflect rares start in Cruel and you really don't want to take any risks in HC. Liege/golems can wait.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 21, 2016, 3:03:02 PM
Got me some half decent int gloves ... but for the life of me can't get 2 red and 2 green sockets :S
Any trick to that?

"
MarlonB wrote:
Got me some half decent int gloves ... but for the life of me can't get 2 red and 2 green sockets :S
Any trick to that?

Vorici 1G1R. Still gonna take a lot of chromes (like, hundreds, probably)
U MAD?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
StickyEeeky wrote:

Valyrium while leveling in HC is a good idea as long as you can cover for the -cold res. But I didn't really feel a need for it on my HC witch (AgentW in my profile, I got to lv 64 before the new league started) and I can't afford it in HC anyway.

Of course, I would not recommend doing breaches in HC while leveling either - I don't think it worth the risk with incomplete build.

Doedre's Damning gives you the 3rd curse (TC). It's absolutely worth it, especially in HC.

This build doesn't rely on flasks. You shouldn't need 100% flask time for anything. There is always something better to grab for 3 nodes than Alchemist.

Auxium is still good until you get a good Crystal belt. Although in my HC experience with no budget I was forced to use any belt I could to max resists.

The only tip for leveling in HC is outlevel the content. You get to A4N at lv 34, grind 10 levels in the Lake, proceed. You get to A4C at lv 51, grind 10 levels in the Lake, proceed. You get to A4M... you got the idea. :)

Normal Lab was trivial after the Lake session in A4N. Grab the reflect mitigation first. Reflect rares start in Cruel and you really don't want to take any risks in HC. Liege/golems can wait.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I got lucky and found a Primordial Might jewel in A4N so that gave me a lot of flexibility.

I guess I will pick up the ring as you recommend once my other slots are set and I know I won't need resists on the ring.

Regarding the flasks again, I know you said this build doesn't rely on flasks, but isn't it always a good idea to run defensive flasks (granite & basalt) in HC?
Seems like we have 0 physical mitigation with this build?
3 quicksilver flasks seems overkill unless I'm missing something.

This is my first character since I returned after over 1 year break, thanks again for all the work and such a detailed guide- really helps especially the leveling guide.

Last edited by StickyEeeky on Dec 21, 2016, 4:29:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info