[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
kelongngu wrote:
so i just bricked 4 6S 18% staffs today, kinda sad.

before i waste more currency, what's a good vaal corruption for the staff or should i not corrupt at all?

edit: I was looking for either "Culling Strike" or "% Fire damage leeched as life" corruptions to get a potential 8L or are these not possible to get on this staff?
since we are converting, % fire leeched as life should work right?

cull is not possible on staffs, 0.2% fire damage leech is not worth it. the only corruption that might be better than the native 12% block is "supported by lvl 1 increased aoe". with aoe, you have a more comfortable coverage despite using conc effect in the staff; and/or you can remove amplify and blast radius since those nodes give us an average of 10% increased damage per passive point. so if we dont need those nodes for increased radius, we can skip them and take better damage alternatives.
How many chaos orbs I need for this build in standart?)
"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
How many chaos orbs I need for this build in standart?)

poe.trade

Look up the items in the guide. How hard is that?
U MAD?
"
Levirael wrote:
"
Glendoor wrote:
Been running this build and love it, at 79 now and it feels really good. One question though: what is a good ES number to be at for Merc Lab? at 6k es now with discipline, trying to get a new chest if I can grab one for a decentish price (mine is only 550 ES atm).

5k and capped res are enough.

Just don't facetank fully buffed Izaro with that. It's easy enough to dodge his primary attack, he telegraphs it several seconds in advance. And of course letting him get full buffs (i.e. max keys) is the whole point of farming the Lab. So until you have more than 8k ES - dodge Izaro. Once you are over 8k ES - you can just faceroll him. That goes for both Merc and Uber Lab. For merc the number is 7k.

Normal and Cruel Labs can be done easily upon reaching Act 4 in their difficulties. I've done it even in HC.

"
Dagenais wrote:
I just corrupted my weapon for fun and I roll this mod (inc. Area of Effect lv.1) :)

This mod does nothing because Icestorm is not a gem. You can see your AE radius mod in the stats, it doesn't change at all when you use this staff.

"
Camaron wrote:
hi, is this build viable with a 6 link chest and firestorm? I play HC and no shield is a big loss of survability

No. This build works only with Icestorm. Firestorm is a completely different skill and most of this build's best features won't work with it.

"
buttcommander wrote:
how important is Temporal Chains? is it just slow and make enfeeble last longer? flammability seems like a big dmg boost, is it not an option? or am i missing something important about temporal chains thx

More important than Flammability. We already have a huge resist penetration. Making the endgame boss attack you slower is better than doing some more DPS. TC loses 50-60% of its effectiveness against bosses but so does Flammability (while resist penetration does not).

"
MarlonB wrote:
I completed all 3 difficulties of labs, but still only got 6 points. According to the leveling guide there should be 8?

There are 4 Labs, not 3. You are missing the Uber Lab.

"
kelongngu wrote:
so i just bricked 4 6S 18% staffs today, kinda sad.

before i waste more currency, what's a good vaal corruption for the staff or should i not corrupt at all?

edit: I was looking for either "Culling Strike" or "% Fire damage leeched as life" corruptions to get a potential 8L or are these not possible to get on this staff?
since we are converting, % fire leeched as life should work right?

Don't waste your currency. 12% block chance is already the best implicit you can have. 0.2% fire dmg leech is less helpful than block, and Culling Strike cannot be rolled on a staff.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 19, 2016, 3:58:50 PM
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
y562565 wrote:
need some insight on this
how much es do i need before i can safely do uber
i tried once on 4k es, he 1 shot me , i just tried again with 5k es and i think i can do it with some luck and if he actually leave the fight when i drop his hp dow and not just stay and kill me but anyway it was really scary and my hp dip to like 1k so is that it he does 4k dmg per attack ?

5k should be fairly doable. change your curses to self cast so izaro starts the fight enfeebled and bring granite and basalt flasks.

thanks alot i make it this time with the change of flask , this is the first time i ever do uber myself <3 this build
Right now I have a 3.5k damage tooltip (or something like that) with golem, which goes up to 5k with elemental overload and the ascendancy bonus every X seconds, and that's with IIR instead of CE.

My question is, if I equip Izaro's Turmoil Jewel, would the damage tooltip go to an extra 25%? A 50% because both cold and fire damage? Or would it be a minor increase? I'm not sure what I'm boosting with spell damage and int.
"
Levirael wrote:
My question is, if I equip Izaro's Turmoil Jewel, would the damage tooltip go to an extra 25%? A 50% because both cold and fire damage? Or would it be a minor increase? I'm not sure what I'm boosting with spell damage and int.

Izaro instead of what? See the Gear-Gems section. Calculate your jewel's value. Use the available jewels with the best values.

Increased damage mod does not increase your Icestorm tooltip by the same percentage. Your Icestorm tooltip is a product of your Int/5 * sum of all Increased mods * each of the MORE mods.
"Good news, everyone!" )))

Patch 2.5.1 introduces a new divination card called Polymath (3/3) that gives Astramentis.

This game definitely needs more Astramentis!
Hi, thanks for the build. As a fairly new player i'm not sure what I should be buying to transition into the end game. I know I need to max resistances and I already have my 6 socket staff but astramentis is far from my budget. Could any one please have a look at my character and see how I should spend 40 chaos. Thanks
hmm, whoever said that the "gems in this weapon are supported by lvl 1 inc aoe" would work with icestorm was indeed wrong. I just looked it up and found an official statement from GGG:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1241298/page/1#p10426118

so, there is indeed no corruption that would be better than 12% block.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 20, 2016, 12:02:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info