[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

i got a jewel with
14% increased spell damage when using a staff
+14 to intelligence
+7% max energy shield

How does this jewel compare to Izaro's turmoil?
I have some well-rolled turmoils (44% above) so it will be competing for a slot.
Can't check myself as i have not started leveling the witch yet.
Thanks!
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Dec 20, 2016, 5:01:09 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
hmm, whoever said that the "gems in this weapon are supported by lvl 1 inc aoe" would work with icestorm was indeed wrong. I just looked it up and found an official statement from GGG:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1241298/page/1#p10426118

so, there is indeed no corruption that would be better than 12% block.

Thanks for the heads up, i will stop corrupting my staffs.
I have an Alien pet.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"Good news, everyone!" )))

Patch 2.5.1 introduces a new divination card called Polymath (3/3) that gives Astramentis.

This game definitely needs more Astramentis!

That's great news!
I have an Alien pet.
Any reason for not taking pain attunement in the tree?
"
Myatt wrote:
Any reason for not taking pain attunement in the tree?

Pain Attunement only works when you are on low life, it doesn't work with CI.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"Good news, everyone!" )))

Patch 2.5.1 introduces a new divination card called Polymath (3/3) that gives Astramentis.

This game definitely needs more Astramentis!

Would be nice! Still need that +1 curse corruption!
"
Hi, thanks for the build. As a fairly new player i'm not sure what I should be buying to transition into the end game. I know I need to max resistances and I already have my 6 socket staff but astramentis is far from my budget. Could any one please have a look at my character and see how I should spend 40 chaos. Thanks

You are still leveling with the gear that's ok for getting to lv 70-75 in the Lake. To start moving towards endgame, look for:
1) amulet with 70+ Int and some Str and Dex for your gems (usually the base with Int+Str implicit, Int and All Stats explicit).
2) a ring with good Int and some resists (you will need Doedre's Damning at lv 86 but you can proceed with 2 curses instead of 3 for quite a while anyway).
3) chest, gloves, boots with 43+ Int, decent ES and whatever resists you need. Keep in mind that you will have Diamond Skin somewhere around lv 75-80, so you don't need to max resists just yet, except Fire (reflect will hurt even the Elementalist if your fire resist sucks).
4) use the belt slot to get the missing resists. You will want to look for a Crystal belt, but that can wait.
5) jewels. see Gear-Jewels. Get at least 40+ value for each non-Fertile/Brute socket.

PS: Sorrow of the Divine does nothing for this build. ZO doesn't work with Vaal Pact.

"
kelongngu wrote:
i got a jewel with
14% increased spell damage when using a staff
+14 to intelligence
+7% max energy shield

How does this jewel compare to Izaro's turmoil?
I have some well-rolled turmoils (44% above) so it will be competing for a slot.
Can't check myself as i have not started leveling the witch yet.
Thanks!

See Gear-Jewels. Your jewel's value is 28. That's about half of Izaro's and not good for anything except leveling to lv 70. You should use better jewels after the Lake/low tier maps.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 20, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
i donnu if its lack of Astramentis, i brought almost perfect roll one for 10c last league, must be something else
Little update, finally got six sockets, still pretty unlucky with the enchantments, but I have hope.
über Lab was quite easy if it was not for the bloody traps, he he
And I still have old cheap boots and gloves ! Got about 6500 ES which can be surely improved.

Level 86, I will begin crafting belts now since I am starting to see some currencies for it.
Great build, tough on the framerate, but great build !

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Just don't facetank fully buffed Izaro with that. It's easy enough to dodge his primary attack, he telegraphs it several seconds in advance. And of course letting him get full buffs (i.e. max keys) is the whole point of farming the Lab. So until you have more than 8k ES - dodge Izaro. Once you are over 8k ES - you can just faceroll him. That goes for both Merc and Uber Lab. For merc the number is 7k.

Normal and Cruel Labs can be done easily upon reaching Act 4 in their difficulties. I've done it even in HC.

I'm having problems with Izaro with my lvl 44 witch, I get through the trials ok but get killed by Izaro at the end when I've got him down to a small amount of life. I'm not sure if my gear is a bit lacking (~1.3k or thereabouts ES, not sure about Int but tooltip DPS on Icestorm is ~1k with CE, resists are capped or near capped) or if I'm just noobing out & not avoiding his attacks properly. I would like an Astramentis, I just don't have the ~90-100C to buy one. :(

Any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info