[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
djfang wrote:
"
Patchumz wrote:

so something like this that my aurabot uses would be ok?

Use Auxium and from 70 farm to 79 ASAP so you can use a Crystal Belt. For 20 chaos on Standard and around 25 on Breach (softcore), you can get Int+ES+Res on your belt, which means less resistances needed for everything else.

And i'm not sure, but I think that 500 ES with good resists is better than 600 ES with bad resists. I might be wrong tho.

Edit: To make it clear, you buy the cheapest Crystal Belt you find on poe.trade, purchase essence of spite till you get at least a Shrieking one (buy one directly or buy lower tiers and upgrade, i'm not sure of the prices so you should do the math to see which one is cheaper), scour the belt (if it's magic or rare, i'm not sure if you need to scour it if it's rare though) and use an essence on it. With a little luck you will get even a little bit of resistances, which is still better than Auxium (you also have ES and Int). If you don't get any res, scour and essence it again (you would need another one though, so the price can go up easily).
Last edited by Levirael on Dec 14, 2016, 5:56:55 PM
"
8r3nt wrote:

Yeah I was also concerned about this. Icestorm probably cannot shock bosses at all as the hits are too small to apply shock.

have any1 tested this? would be really helpful information to know

"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
8r3nt wrote:
What do you guys think of taking shaper of desolation and remove elemental focus gem for the shock?

shaper of desolation only gives shock for 6 out of every 14 seconds. averaged over time, this amounts to 50%*6/14 = 21.4% more damage. by contrast, mastermind of discord provides us with permanent 25% additional fire pen, which has a higher value against targets with high res (bosses, highend maps) and is more reliable.

note that icestorm applies very frequent but small hits, so that the shock duration will be miniscule.

wouldnt fire damage also ignite for extra damage, and chill slows? so its not like the other 8 seconds does nothing. also passive skill like Celestial Punishment will give a big damage boost to shock and ignite.
i think the important question is, like others have already mentioned, how status ailments like shock and ignite will work on bosses like ubers or shaper etc. when the extra damage is needed the most. any insight?
How do you exactly get those three curses running? One you can run anyways. 2nd is granted by the passive note. 3rd with Astramentis +1 or is there another method i dont see?
Last edited by stypho on Dec 15, 2016, 11:49:16 AM
Love the build, one of the best i've played.

Just wondering what you think about swapping out temp chains for flammability, the penetration and increase in damage should make up for the slow considering the VP leech.

Also what about using an es helmet instead of black sun crest to scale ES pool (plus adds to resists). Of course there's a loss in damage but assuming lvl 3 enlighten it might be ok?

I'm gonna try out these changes and see how i feel about them. Using AA is actually kinda hard considering the mana cost of the skill, barely have the mana pool with an enlighten 2 (w/ sun crest).
Last edited by fractalsonfire on Dec 15, 2016, 1:15:03 AM
Would it make any sense to work a 2 totem build into this using a Soul Mantle?
Was thinking scorcing ray on totems, and icestorm as my main skill.

Getting enough ES/Resistances when using a Soul Mantle will be more challenging though.
I'm just so bummed about how small the radius is when you have CE gemmed in, yet if I replace that with increased AOE, it literally almost halves my average damage.

Feelsbadman, I really wish the AOE was bigger...
"
broseidon07 wrote:
I'm just so bummed about how small the radius is when you have CE gemmed in, yet if I replace that with increased AOE, it literally almost halves my average damage.

Feelsbadman, I really wish the AOE was bigger...

dont use inc aoe, use some other damage gem. with inc aoe, the aoe becomes too big and the ice shards too spread out.

I personally also dont like the small radius you get with conc for generic mapping. so my setup uses avatar of fire and the cold to fire support gem instead of conc effect. so I replace the 60% multiplier from conc with the 30% multiplier of ctf and the int I get from replacing pyre with a perandus ring. with this setup, the radius is perfect imho; and the damage is only barely lower than with conc.
Astramentis now up at 1.5-2 ex, price just keeps rising, has this and similar builds become super popular and high demand? or is there something else also using it.
"
hognus wrote:
Astramentis now up at 1.5-2 ex, price just keeps rising, has this and similar builds become super popular and high demand? or is there something else also using it.

maybe its players of this build that buy up cheap astras to try to vaal +1curse onto them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info