[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Hello there, relative noob to the game, been following this build up to merciless, very solid, but I've been wondering if anyone can tell me what is essentially done differently in this very similar build that also uses scorching ray https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1788023/page/1 , in which the author claims is better than this, I dont have enough game knowledge to tell but what exactly is the trade-off here ?
So, for my understanding .. the 6 sockets on the staff do not need to be linked? They all apply to the skill on the staff?
Anyone else getting rocked in Uber Lab? I have wasted 10 keys dying to traps or one shot by stupidity.
"
Casmi wrote:
Anyone else getting rocked in Uber Lab? I have wasted 10 keys dying to traps or one shot by stupidity.

Lab gets easier with expirience. I farmed Uberlab two prevoius leagues with life-based build, so transition to CI wasn't that bad. But if you want some advice...

Traps:
1) Most traps have "safe zones" or gaps in their "rhytm" that allows you to recharge shield. Usually curse/debuff mushrooms are one of those "safe zones".
2) Vaal Discipline is your "OSHIET!" button. Yeah, it's short and need plenty of souls, but nothing is perfect :)

Izaro:
1) Flasks are your friends. Always pick Basalt, Stibnite and Atziri's flask.
2) pick a location in Izaro room, where you can stack some Icestorm. Izaro will jump/charge you shortly after emerging. Don't stand still, he can first shoot a wave at you, try to sidestep it.
3) after Izaro land on top of you, Leapslam him, Fortify is important. Use your flasks, and burn him. Pay attention to his HP, when he gets to treshhold %, you can no longer leech from him, you can die, so start runing circles around, also cast some IStorms on mobs/skellies to keep ES up.
4)Rinse-repeat.

And most important advice: know your limits! Being too greedy is counterproductive. ;)
Last edited by Khornaar on Dec 13, 2016, 3:55:51 PM
Great tips. I will give those flask a try. I too was using a life/armor build for lab previously, so this has been an interesting transition. Thanks again for the tip!
What do you guys think of taking shaper of desolation and remove elemental focus gem for the shock?
"
8r3nt wrote:
What do you guys think of taking shaper of desolation and remove elemental focus gem for the shock?

shaper of desolation only gives shock for 6 out of every 14 seconds. averaged over time, this amounts to 50%*6/14 = 21.4% more damage. by contrast, mastermind of discord provides us with permanent 25% additional fire pen, which has a higher value against targets with high res (bosses, highend maps) and is more reliable.

note that icestorm applies very frequent but small hits, so that the shock duration will be miniscule.
"
8r3nt wrote:

Nope, terrible. Elemental Focus is massive damage. It's a More multiplier.
El Psy Congroo.
"
Black_Gun wrote:

shaper of desolation only gives shock for 6 out of every 14 seconds. averaged over time, this amounts to 50%*6/14 = 21.4% more damage. by contrast, mastermind of discord provides us with permanent 25% additional fire pen, which has a higher value against targets with high res (bosses, highend maps) and is more reliable.

note that icestorm applies very frequent but small hits, so that the shock duration will be miniscule.

Yeah I was also concerned about this. Icestorm probably cannot shock bosses at all as the hits are too small to apply shock.

"
Patchumz wrote:
"
8r3nt wrote:

Nope, terrible. Elemental Focus is massive damage. It's a More multiplier.

I was thinking of using SR+CWC setup so I can swap elemental focus with concentrated effect, but I think I will stick with mastermind of discord.
It's interesting to note that both this build and the one with CWC scorching ray says they'll do better than the other at higher levels.

I'm not sure who's right, tankier, faster?

Anyone who's played...both?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info