[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

the amulet's price raised REALLY fast... ;x
"
CwC is, imo, "midgame" option, while our enlighten is leveling and our INT isn't high enough for 26% dmg gap between Echo+Conc and SR+CwC be that noticeable.
Taking on t15/Guardians/Shaper will be better with Echo, from a simple math perspectiv

Using 4 links CwC-SR-Controlled destruction-Ele focus + leech-life + conc effect should be best,
This way we reducing 10 fpen and int is not very relevant
I just started this build in Breach, and are only lvl 35, but I've run into a snag or a bug in the game. I have the CI node, so my life is only 1, and I ran a few levels that way with no problem. But now I'm in Act 4, and my character dies instantly. It says I committed suicide, and I don't lose any exp, but it's really annoying.

These are my items. I've followed the build plan up to this point, as best I could with the currency I have.

Spoiler

Any ideas why my character commits suicide 20 seconds into each map?

....Nevermind...found the issue. Had a flask that took from life. Still getting used to CI I guess.
Last edited by Dienaught on Dec 10, 2016, 12:56:55 PM
I'm level 72 right now (just a little more for unwavering), but im getting killed a lot. Which part of my gear is giving me problems? I think its the resistances (105% fire 27% cold 46% lightning), but im not sure which part of my gear I should replace. If I get a Black Sun Crest and start using a gem (AA or a gem to boost my resistances), then which pieces of equipment should I replace and with what (with which resistances)?

My gear:
Spoiler

Im a little confused on the % increased spell damage I could use when it comes to WI and Pyre. Should I use %cold or fire? Both?
"
Dienaught wrote:
I just started this build in Breach, and are only lvl 35, but I've run into a snag or a bug in the game. I have the CI node, so my life is only 1, and I ran a few levels that way with no problem. But now I'm in Act 4, and my character dies instantly. It says I committed suicide, and I don't lose any exp, but it's really annoying.

These are my items. I've followed the build plan up to this point, as best I could with the currency I have.

Spoiler

Any ideas why my character commits suicide 20 seconds into each map?

....Nevermind...found the issue. Had a flask that took from life. Still getting used to CI I guess.

you are using a caustic flask. it removes a percentage of your life on use, and since noninteger values are rounded up, using it reduces your life by 1. which means you die as a CI user. dont worry, even experienced players have ripped their hc chars to this, happened to pretty much everyone at some point in time. ;)

"
epicmeatwad wrote:
Im a little confused on the % increased spell damage I could use when it comes to WI and Pyre. Should I use %cold or fire? Both?

since this build uses a full cold to fire conversion, increases to spell damage, elemental damage, cold damage or fire damage are all equivalent. an example: the snowforged passive node gives 25% inc fire and 25% inc cold damage. due to the conversion, this node provides us with a total of 50% increased damage.
Today I had luck and got this from the mysterious gift prophecy:

Would you recommend to spend 4 skillpoints to "Melding" and use the jewel?

edit: lol, 2 mins after this post this drops from a tier 3 map :D :D it seems today is a good day to play ^^

Last edited by Bisrob on Dec 11, 2016, 8:32:33 AM

I saw people talking in the thread about possibly using 'cast when channeled'. I don't know about end game but since I just hit level 38 I thought i'd try it. The biggest issue I had with leveling since I hit 33 was trying to keep my mana up. Even in the middle of packs at this point I didn't always leech enough back.

using scorching ray linked as above I can cast icestorm continuously without stopping. I've noticed basically no drop in damage at this low level from removing spell echo/controlled destruction and possibly have slightly more single target damage (from removing resists and just being able to cast non stop)

If you are having trouble with mana as I was it is worth a try!

Edit: Just saw I have CD socketed instead of Elemental Focus. I think EF would be better
Last edited by mrcrocker on Dec 11, 2016, 10:03:57 AM

Well the Conc. Effect does not have to be linked but this is what i'm currently using (lvl 46/47) and i'm much happier then without CWC.
I noticed that this build seems to not take as many ES nodes; would it be better to take more ES nodes while mapping for gear? Not sure with the current meta I can grab decent ES gear without spending a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info