[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Thaed wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Garnier wrote:
I see you're playing Marauder on this build this league. Which do you prefer comparing the two at the current stage. I don't expect you to compare a three month old characters gear with the gear of a week old league. ;)

I am also playing this build again as I did last league. I enjoyed it too much

Too early to compare yet. I don't have a huge play time at the moment and I'm not rushing into endgame before I'm ready for it. But I've already done a few reflect maps on the Marauder and they are no problem at all. That nerf + Marauder leech takes care of it. Reflect is no longer quite so scary for non-Witch versions.

As for the endgame and breach, I'll get there in a few days and then we'll see how it goes.

Do you think it would be possible to drop the life leech gem in favour of either faster casting/another more multiplier (depending on whether you use CwC), or would that result in ele reflect being too dangerous?

its not so much about ele reflect... every hexproof map would rape you, every map with the new 75% reduced curse effectiveness mod would be a pain.

and dont forget that strange bug where life leech on very rare occassions fails to work if it comes from only warlords mark or only the life leech gem. having both means we're on the safe side when it comes to this pesky bug. ;)

Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 12, 2016, 5:21:45 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:

its not so much about ele reflect... every hexproof map would rape you, every map with the new 75% reduced curse effectiveness mod would be a pain.

and dont forget that strange bug where life leech on very rare occassions fails to work if it comes from only warlords mark or only the life leech gem. having both means we're on the safe side when it comes to this pesky bug. ;)

Sorry, meant in terms of going Beserker and getting the 1%-3% leech from there. Should've mentioned it in the post proper.
Last edited by Thaed on Dec 12, 2016, 5:10:45 AM
"
Thaed wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

Sorry, meant in terms of going Beserker and getting the 1%-3% leech from there. Should've mentioned it in the post proper.

same story. I was actually playing WI as berserker last league and the one before that. I am among the very first to suggest going berserker with this build. ;)

and thats where I first learned about that leech bug. berserker's ascendancy leech on its own can fail you, made me rip to twinned excavation bosses on a high level. apart from this extremely annoying, but also very rare leech bug, berserker is a rather bad bosskiller. against bosses, you will only have 1% permanent leech from the ascendancy, plus 0.8% from warlords mark. that is substantially less than the 2.8% we get on all other variations of this builds that use life leech support. the additional damage taken also hurts particularly in those tough bossfights.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
my current gear in breach softcore (gem setup and passive tree intentionally deviate quite a bit from kelvyn's guide):

edit: currently I got 1674 int. :)

edit2: yes, I know, the helm doesnt have the right colors yet (which would be 3B-1G), but I'm too cheap to spend 2 ex on chromes atm, and it's already working fine as is.

dayum, looks like a nice setup, where you got that emperor's jewel tho? looking for one on trade since days, nothing appearing :S

kudos to the build btw, working really great, currently trying the variation with CwC + SR, not sure if i find it better tho
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Thaed wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

same story. I was actually playing WI as berserker last league and the one before that. I am among the very first to suggest going berserker with this build. ;)

and thats where I first learned about that leech bug. berserker's ascendancy leech on its own can fail you, made me rip to twinned excavation bosses on a high level. apart from this extremely annoying, but also very rare leech bug, berserker is a rather bad bosskiller. against bosses, you will only have 1% permanent leech from the ascendancy, plus 0.8% from warlords mark. that is substantially less than the 2.8% we get on all other variations of this builds that use life leech support. the additional damage taken also hurts particularly in those tough bossfights.

Ok, thanks for the info :).
What's your guys tooltip on icestorm, buffed (no flask) and unbuffed ?

For those interrested i made few changes to the tree to take better advantages of SR (do not change equipment required, about the same int) :

Removed AoE dmg
Removed AoE Area ( according to poewiki it's not good for icestorm idk about that)
Added 10% Curse effect
Added heart of flame

Lvl 91 : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcNfA5IEFgRLRFQEZYYahkuGmwc3B1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4Ko0snCy_LR8zhzW5NsU22DwtQYdFR0ZxRwZJG0yzUXRWSFcNV8lYB13yX2pfsGZUaGVsCG0Zb554L3zlf8aCm4LHgwmDX4PMg_eExYV7h2WOvo7pjxqPRo_6ksGVIJuhm7Wdrp7Nn8uhL6KjppmnCKcrpzCsmK-btAy1BLc-uJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9sauykrK09Af0NDSIdWm2CTZYdvn37DkIuq66-7sGOw47FXv6_Fs8Yrzm_fX-eg=

Then level 92-100 i'll take infused shield, celestial judgement, celestial punishment

replaced enfeeble with flammability
Last edited by djellabah on Dec 12, 2016, 9:17:09 AM
Should I wait for Enlighten lvl2 (3 with helmet) to use discipline+warlord+arctic armour? Right now I have 1664 mana with 1531 reserved, so I have enough for just one cast of icestorm. I guess I get it back with WM, but I think its still too little.
"
Should I wait for Enlighten lvl2 (3 with helmet) to use discipline+warlord+arctic armour? Right now I have 1664 mana with 1531 reserved, so I have enough for just one cast of icestorm. I guess I get it back with WM, but I think its still too little.

If you're having problems with casting I'd suggest takingoff arctic armour til your gem is lvl 3. (Or use %reduced mana cost talents/jewels instead?)
"

imho playing only feels smooth if we have enough mana to cast two icestorms in a row.
the easiest solution is probably to take the 4% reduced reservation node below CI until your enlighten gets to the required level.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 12, 2016, 12:17:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info