[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Pathological wrote:
Just gonna put this out there...

Consider CWC to be equivalent to spell echo (cwc level 20 with no quality has a cast time repetition of 0.35s, as well as a 9% more multiplier, while echo has a 10% less multiplier). You don't run spell echo or faster casting with CWC, because it has no effect on the repeat time of the whispering ice. So, CWC directly trades for spell echo. I assume you don't remove spell echo at any point?

So, the loss (besides the difference from CWC to spell echo which is essentially a wash or favorable to CWC) is the change of a more multiplier (it would actually likely be conc effect since that doesnt affect the incinerate, though that depends how much damage you actually get from the incinerate and how worthwhile it is) vs. casting incinerate, which is itself also supported by the other supports in the setup and all fire spell damage you have from other sources.

If it worked properly with the new beam spell I'd have no doubt it would be better because of the -resist debuff attached... incinerate is not as appealing, which is why I have doubts. That said, the quality of life increase is superb.

I've been playing CWC and whispering ice when leveling. I went the flame blast rout (forgot about incinerate). Leveling has been excellent and solo made my way to mapping pretty fast on a 4L whispering ice. Clearing is nice, cast time is pretty smooth.

I would like to think about running it with incinerate and see how that plays out instead of flame blast.
Last edited by laxcrazy on Dec 6, 2016, 12:04:41 PM
How hard is it to cap resists and achieve decent es? I don't think I can buy 150es gloves/boots with double res+int and the boots also with movement speed anytime soon in breach
I played the Low Life Guardian Whispering Ice during essence, so I decided to try out the CI variant and see how that goes. So far it's pretty strong. What really pushed me over the edge to build this was the new jewel The Green Dream. I bought and socketed this jewel in the socket above the witch. It hits Frost Walker, so I now have a 15% chance on kill to gain a frenzy charge essentially for free, as well as 5% more damage as chaos.

I'm only level 46, but the leveling process has been smooth and fast.

Here is my Current Tree.

Here is my Current Gear.

Current Gear
Ign: ThunderFluff
Last edited by ThunderFluff on Dec 6, 2016, 1:23:38 PM
How is this build for the most difficult of breaches? I ran a chaos firestorm that was similar to this build in concept back in Essence. Both are virtually unkillable tanks once leveled and geared decently. The problem is having to stand still to really stack up your storms. If you just run and pop 2(spell scho) it's not enough for most harder mobs. Which is what the harder breaches often throw at you. Plus you can't channel/cast firestorm/Icestorm while running to the breach chests at the same time.

Anyone reach t10 map breaches or kill the breach bosses with this build yet?
Tried Cast when Channeling with Scorching ray for lulz. And it sucks =(
It casts Icestorm at the end of the beam, and only there. Basically you have VERY big zone around character where Icestorm is never casted, any mob closer that half a screen is completely safe from it.
Incinerate doesn't have that problem. ;)

Edit: Aaaaaand fixed in 2.5.0b
Last edited by Khornaar on Dec 7, 2016, 3:45:11 AM
"
ThunderFluff wrote:
I played the Low Life Guardian Whispering Ice during essence, so I decided to try out the CI variant and see how that goes. So far it's pretty strong. What really pushed me over the edge to build this was the new jewel The Green Dream. I bought and socketed this jewel in the socket above the witch. It hits Frost Walker, so I now have a 15% chance on kill to gain a frenzy charge essentially for free, as well as 5% more damage as chaos.

Interesting!

Does it still add chaos damage when your cold damage is converted to fire? What does the tooltip show? This could be also add to Atziri's Promise leech for the bosses.

But either way, this is basically free 3 frenzy charges during trash clear (12% MORE damage, 12% inc attack and cast speed). Good for clear speed.

However, it remains to be seen if this is better than a 50 value jewel (perfect Izaro or a good rare). I'll try to compare when I get my hands on this.
Would you guys say this is a good build for a total beginner who is looking to farm currency quickly?
Hello guys! What about the price of the build ? and how is it possible to have these things on 33 lvl ? I will not have enough currencies to buy all of these. It doesn't seem fairly low budget as it is mentioned in the top ). or don't I understand anything ? )
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Does it still add chaos damage when your cold damage is converted to fire? What does the tooltip show? This could be also add to Atziri's Promise leech for the bosses.

Yes it does.

"
But either way, this is basically free 3 frenzy charges during trash clear (12% MORE damage, 12% inc attack and cast speed). Good for clear speed.

It is fantastic. I used my merc bandit to help kraityn as well, so I've got 4 frenzy charges max. it's fantastic for clearing.

"
However, it remains to be seen if this is better than a 50 value jewel (perfect Izaro or a good rare). I'll try to compare when I get my hands on this.

The beauty of jewels is that you can re-socket them at will! You could have one of those in your inv and you swap it for big bosses.
Ign: ThunderFluff
Last edited by ThunderFluff on Dec 7, 2016, 2:54:33 AM
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Hello guys! What about the price of the build ? and how is it possible to have these things on 33 lvl ? I will not have enough currencies to buy all of these. It doesn't seem fairly low budget as it is mentioned in the top ). or don't I understand anything ? )

I play this build as a Breach starter.
At the third day of league I managed to buy WI for 4 c (now its even cheaper), easy to get all the items req apart from the Astramentis amulet, its too expensive for now. Got 42 LVL, so far great build:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info