[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Absolutely nothing changed about Uber Atziri since 2.3. Although I have an idea how to cheese her even more.

would like to hear

and a question:

do multiple instances of icestorm stack? if yes, skill effect duration would be very powerful, no?
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Dec 2, 2016, 3:45:46 AM
would it be a more usefull to get one of the new jewels and get ice golem as a third golem?
"
do multiple instances of icestorm stack? if yes, skill effect duration would be very powerful, no?

Of course multiple Icestorms stack. That's the whole point and the reason why the Inquisitor version is such a powerful boss killer (55% increased cast speed is no joke; look at that Shaper melt).

Duration is good against a stationary target that lives long enough to be worth it. Icestorm duration scales with Int. We take 1 duration node cluster as well. But there are no targets worth of taking the second cluster (the Scion version could if she wanted to): that would make Icestorm last 7-8 sec, and even the slowest bosses move at least every so often.

"
ninuvas1977 wrote:
would it be a more usefull to get one of the new jewels and get ice golem as a third golem?

I'll have to check it out after the release. A good jewel is worth about 50% increased damage and some ES (if it's a rare with Int). Ice golem would add 40% inc dmg.

I saw a jewel in ZiggyD's video that increases golem effect. So another thing to consider is dropping two Izaros/rares to get a 3rd golem and then increase all of their effect and see if that ends up better than 100% inc dmg (and Immortal Call? we don't have any free gem sockets).

It's on my list of things to check.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 2, 2016, 10:21:10 AM
Seems like a really cool build. I have about an 80 exalt budget, which class do you think I should go with?
Hey man i just saw that Icestorm CAN work with TRAP support gem which means it can be done with Saboteur maybe?it got a lot of elem dmg on his ascendancy and we can use Cluster trap too with it......

I edited my msg just now to post a tree for Saboteur Whispering Ice.....the only trap nodes out are the ones on lower part of the tree that gives frenzy charge but the rest i could get all them and only spend 105 points.....

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAEV8LEY8vVBCjDaiLg5IXfIRln_GkyfBxWwLvorsGIhCIvShL8rTj_osv2SqHdltGbQM0NAV15uGQ1QRUJf06rpGcUcGX2qGrmo29HE1uVJTDXyDCdvnVmOnKx1Pl5U9X2-ecFFMs8pKdm-zAwQHX7DWvn6wMhgfApu11S7YVFMxNsXDOoTF6NXYJCo4VkinCJ2uGmzkIrUEKU_VpkVH7DjAZjrYgpuFezwFfLtmVJ_f73w9D6-nxPbEFSftGS7ZYVcN0iHzm57NaGWnMJ_LbAjximJPyQZnTm93oHlCLP1KE98AAA==
Last edited by Redfloyd on Dec 2, 2016, 3:10:14 PM
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
Seems like a really cool build. I have about an 80 exalt budget, which class do you think I should go with?

Considering that you can farm the Shaper comfortably with less than 10 ex budget, the choice of class is entirely up to you. If you haven't played a WI build before, probably start with the Witch. Ignoring reflect is fun. Although the Templar version's immunity to ele status ailments and boss melting power is fun too. Really up to your personal preference.

"
Redfloyd wrote:
Hey man i just saw that Icestorm CAN work with TRAP support gem which means it can be done with Saboteur maybe?it got a lot of elem dmg on his ascendancy and we can use Cluster trap too with it......

Icestorm works with traps, mines, totems... There are many possibilities to use it with various Ascendancy classes. I'm exploring them and adding one at a time: 2.2 Scion, 2.3 Elementalist, 2.4 Inquisitor. In 2.5 I'm going to try Berserker (something along the lines of @Black_Gun's idea).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 2, 2016, 3:13:33 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:

Considering that you can farm the Shaper comfortably with less than 10 ex budget, the choice of class is entirely up to you. If you haven't played a WI build before, probably start with the Witch. Ignoring reflect is fun. Although the Templar version's immunity to ele status ailments and boss melting power is fun too. Really up to your personal preference.

"
Redfloyd wrote:

Icestorm works with traps, mines, totems... There are many possibilities to use it with various Ascendancy classes. I'm exploring them and adding one at a time: 2.2 Scion, 2.3 Elementalist, 2.4 Inquisitor. In 2.5 I'm going to try Berserker (something along the lines of @Black_Gun's idea).

Nice!!! good luck dude.By the way......i saw that you tried the Chieftain already with totem on the Whispering.....how it goes?
"
Redfloyd wrote:
i saw that you tried the Chieftain already with totem on the Whispering.....how it goes?

Tried and didn't like the totem AI. They are extremely stupid. Making them target what you need is annoying (absolutely hated the Malachai fight). Although Atziri/Uber gets totally destroyed cause Chieftain totems are immune to fire. But the Trio is a huge PITA cause the stupid totems kill them in a totally random order and they die too fast to phys dmg. Anyway, I decided that Berserker was a more promising idea. We'll see how that goes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 2, 2016, 3:42:56 PM
Man, I decided to follow this build for this league, but now I'm lv39 and WI is still 14c cheapest on poe.trade xD, been afk checking price the entire day & it only dropped to 10c a few times.

I can't even grind with Freezing pulse & Ice nova alone. I'm thinking about making another char for this week & wait for the price to settle down then come back to this build later <.<
There are more of us waiting till the price drops... ;p GL everyone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info