[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
ThunderFluff wrote:
"
Does it still add chaos damage when your cold damage is converted to fire? What does the tooltip show? This could be also add to Atziri's Promise leech for the bosses.

Yes it does.

"
But either way, this is basically free 3 frenzy charges during trash clear (12% MORE damage, 12% inc attack and cast speed). Good for clear speed.

It is fantastic. I used my merc bandit to help kraityn as well, so 've got 4 frenzy charges max. it's fantastic for clearing.

"
However, it remains to be seen if this is better than a 50 value jewel (perfect Izaro or a good rare). I'll try to compare when I get my hands on this.

The beauty of jewels is that you can resocket them at will! You could have one of those in your inv and you swap it for big bosses.

Regarding your first question, where do you socket the jewel ? im thinking about using it also, but also using the red dream.
"
iDeeps wrote:
Regarding your first question, where do you socket the jewel ? i'm thinking about using it also, but also using the red dream.

So I socketed the green dream above the witch start, as it hit frost walker. The only other res nodes that you get are in the mara start area. You could socket the red dream there, but that would mean loosing a brute force solution, which is a large loss in int, which is your ES and damage. This build already runs warlords mark, you should be fine with the end charge generation from that.

Here's my current tree at lv70, you can look at where i socketed mine.

Also my current gear at level 70.

Spoiler
Ign: ThunderFluff
Last edited by ThunderFluff on Dec 7, 2016, 2:53:58 AM
"
Serart wrote:

I play this build as a Breach starter.
At the third day of league I managed to buy WI for 4 c (now its even cheaper), easy to get all the items req apart from the Astramentis amulet, its too expensive for now. Got 42 LVL, so far great build:)

Could you advise me man ? I have 5 c, there are WI for 1-6c, the price depends on the amount of socets. Should I buy the cheapest or find and save money for the 6 linked WI ?? or I can buy cheapest and use orb to get 6 slots? what is more rationly ? thank you in adnavce and sorry for my nooby questions... Im only 3 days in this game )
"
old_nihilist wrote:
"
Serart wrote:

I play this build as a Breach starter.
At the third day of league I managed to buy WI for 4 c (now its even cheaper), easy to get all the items req apart from the Astramentis amulet, its too expensive for now. Got 42 LVL, so far great build:)

Could you advise me man ? I have 5 c, there are WI for 1-6c, the price depends on the amount of socets. Should I buy the cheapest or find and save money for the 6 linked WI ?? or I can buy cheapest and use orb to get 6 slots? what is more rationly ? thank you in adnavce and sorry for my nooby questions... Im only 3 days in this game )

Buy the cheapest one, use jewellers to get 5 sockets, use chromatic orbs until you get the right colours and then you're good. No fuses required for this staff to link as they're supporting the whispering ice spell.
Just remember to buy WI with atleast 50 ilvl.
I played the build last league and im really enjoy my time with it and I love it---(dont have the money yet to make it now) but I need to know hows the build right now in breach.
I make a question to all you guys playing the build...how is the behaviour of the build in the breach? hows the clear speed in breach and survivability?...I wanna know because breach is an important addition to the league and I need your opinion to decide if this is the build to make in breach league and kill all the breach monsters and bosses or not..thanks!
Last edited by yissus on Dec 7, 2016, 11:29:08 AM
"
yissus wrote:
I played the build last league and im really enjoy my time with it and I love it---(dont have the money yet to make it now) but I need to know hows the build right now in breach.
I make a question to all you guys playing the build...how is the behaviour of the build in the breach? hows the clear speed in breach and survivability?...I wanna know because breach is an important addition to the league and I need your opinion to decide if this is the build to make in breach league and kill all the breach monsters and bosses or not..thanks!

level 90.5 on my BSC WI char, and so far its holding up great in breaches. the fact that icestorms persist for many seconds after casting them means you can cover a very large area of the breach in a deadly blizzard that destroys breach spawns even after you moved away from a particular corner of the breach.

when rare breach mobs cast ground effects like the lava rays or the stationary ball lightning things, you gotta move out of them though, cant really outleech those. but Im pretty sure that no build can.
"
Serart wrote:

Do you say that for socket numbers? Because I saw some Whispering Ice's item level below 50 and has 6 sockets in standart. I don't know much about game yet but there are some exceptions I guess.
"
HolySteam wrote:
"
Serart wrote:

Do you say that for socket numbers? Because I saw some Whispering Ice's item level below 50 and has 6 sockets in standart. I don't know much about game yet but there are some exceptions I guess.
You can get 6 sockets on <ilvl50 items with vorici or with prophecies, but they cant roll 6 sockets with jewellers orbs.
"

when rare breach mobs cast ground effects like the lava rays or the stationary ball lightning things, you gotta move out of them though, cant really outleech those. but Im pretty sure that no build can.

There's videos of this build outleeching atziris reflect and shaper beam, I'm pretty sure you can easily outleech the ball lightning and lava because I can even stand in it for a few seconds before dying with no leech at all
Last edited by bottlehead93 on Dec 8, 2016, 1:58:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info