[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
0ne_ wrote:
It's an ok build.

It's not only "an okay" build, you must have missed some instructions or isn't fully following the build (most noobs make such mistakes while following this build, no hard feelings). For me, this is an amazing in-depth build. Here are the reasons

1: You can easily do the end game content with this build.
2: It's extremely budget friendly build. The build grows with you i.e. as soon as u get the currency you can update your things one by one.
3: This is an up to date build and even tells you how to kill specific bosses with videos.
4: (most important reason) Author of this build is an amazing person and answers all the queries. He have in-depth knowledge of the game and this build. He knows what is good for this build and what is not. Q and A section solves most of your questions.

In short, author of this build have spend effort and time to make this build, so stop being a j*** and provide constructive feedback. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my first language.
Last edited by gruumine on Oct 12, 2016, 12:41:31 PM
"
Rivx wrote:
On Shaper, I could never tank the ball barrage, it just seems to do too much damage and it usually happens when I don't have a big icestorm stack on him so I can't leech quickly enough. I try to run in circles around him when he's talking so I don't get taken by surprise, and then position next to him so he just does melee+beam. Does the beam chill? I have no idea tbh, I use my sapphire/heat flask during that just in case but I'm not sure if it really matters. Overall it feels a lot more controlled and easier than Atziri.

Barrage is only used against ranged attackers, he won't do that when you are facetanking him. But you can sometimes get hit by a ball or two while getting back to him after a 'total chaos' phase, and the clone uses it as well.

The beam usually doesn't chill or freeze. Either it consists of a large number of tiny hits that don't do enough damage to cause a status ailment (like Incinerate) or it's one of those new channeling skills that work entirely differently.

Laser beam is strange and I think it may be somewhat bugged. It appears to be not always where you see if. Sometimes you stand right in it and take no damage whatsoever, your ES bar doesn't even move. Other times you stand at the opposite side of the Shaper while he's doing the laser beam and take very noticeable damage. Sometimes he does the beam animation (and you take damage) but the beam itself is not even on the screen. It's some kind of a sync problem with the new bosses, people noticed it happening in the Hydra fight too.

And yes, the Shaper is easier than Uber Atziri for this build. It isn't very good at quickly dodging 1-shot attacks, and Uber Atziri is all about that. We facetank things and she is designed to be untankable.

"
0ne_ wrote:
It's an ok build. I ran this to lvl 86. It is inferior to many builds in terms of clear speed and just straight up worse than the templar version of Whispering Ice (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785). But budget friendly.

Has anybody killed the Shaper with the "straight up better" build yet? How does that go? I don't see any mentions of it in that thread (but maybe I missed it), and the only T16 video there shows him running around and dodging the Phoenix. With all those defensive mega-powers, it can't facetank endgame bosses? Then what's the point again? Good for parties? Ok I guess.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 12, 2016, 1:02:46 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
EO uptime against a static target is already pretty much 100%. You only lose it when the boss moves. OoS doesn't need any more crit support, it already crits at least once per 8 sec, in fact more often than that. And we don't have any free gem sockets for it either. The 6.5% crit chance is PER HIT.

I just tested on some random mobs, sometimes it wouldn't proc a single time in its entire duration (14.5 seconds). Having several icestorms ticking definitely helps with the procs but I can't quite check the uptime without being able to record my boss kills.
"
Rivx wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
EO uptime against a static target is already pretty much 100%. You only lose it when the boss moves. OoS doesn't need any more crit support, it already crits at least once per 8 sec, in fact more often than that. And we don't have any free gem sockets for it either. The 6.5% crit chance is PER HIT.

I just tested on some random mobs, sometimes it wouldn't proc a single time in its entire duration (14.5 seconds). Having several icestorms ticking definitely helps with the procs but I can't quite check the uptime without being able to record my boss kills.

The uptime of EO in the videos is close to 100% when it matters. On a single boss the multiple stacks of Icestorm definitely help. On multiple targets the Orb procs all the time without any help. I don't see a need to increase the crit rate. It's not worth sacrificing anything to find a socket for Inc Crit Strikes.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Rivx wrote:
On Shaper, I could never tank the ball barrage, it just seems to do too much damage and it usually happens when I don't have a big icestorm stack on him so I can't leech quickly enough. I try to run in circles around him when he's talking so I don't get taken by surprise, and then position next to him so he just does melee+beam. Does the beam chill? I have no idea tbh, I use my sapphire/heat flask during that just in case but I'm not sure if it really matters. Overall it feels a lot more controlled and easier than Atziri.

Barrage is only used against ranged attackers, he won't do that when you are facetanking him. But you can sometimes get hit by a ball or two while getting back to him after a 'total chaos' phase, and the clone uses it as well.

The beam usually doesn't chill or freeze. Either it consists of a large number of tiny hits that don't do enough damage to cause a status ailment (like Incinerate) or it's one of those new channeling skills that work entirely differently.

Laser beam is strange and I think it may be somewhat bugged. It appears to be not always where you see if. Sometimes you stand right in it and take no damage whatsoever, your ES bar doesn't even move. Other times you stand at the opposite side of the Shaper while he's doing the laser beam and take very noticeable damage. Sometimes he does the beam animation (and you take damage) but the beam itself is not even on the screen. It's some kind of a sync problem with the new bosses, people noticed it happening in the Hydra fight too.

And yes, the Shaper is easier than Uber Atziri for this build. It isn't very good at quickly dodging 1-shot attacks, and Uber Atziri is all about that. We facetank things and she is designed to be untankable.

"
0ne_ wrote:
It's an ok build. I ran this to lvl 86. It is inferior to many builds in terms of clear speed and just straight up worse than the templar version of Whispering Ice (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785). But budget friendly.

Has anybody killed the Shaper with the "straight up better" build yet? How does that go? I don't see any mentions of it in that thread (but maybe I missed it), and the only T16 video there shows him running around and dodging the Phoenix. With all those defensive mega-powers, it can't facetank endgame bosses? Then what's the point again? Good for parties? Ok I guess.

im not going to claim the templar version is better but it was my prefered choice and i did kill shaper with it. it can also tank the guardians quite easily.
"
leichenlager wrote:
im not going to claim the templar version is better but it was my prefered choice and i did kill shaper with it. it can also tank the guardians quite easily.

Do you tank the Shaper with that char or just dodge? Since that Guardian build doesn't use WM, I wonder if the leech from just the gem is enough. How long does that take with Guardian? Do you die a lot?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 13, 2016, 1:12:50 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
leichenlager wrote:

Do you tank the Shaper with that char or just dodge? Since that Guardian build doesn't use WM, I wonder if the leech from just the gem is enough. How long does that take with Guardian? Do you die a lot?

in all honesty i havent tried facetanking shaper yet because id just assume im going to die. however the only thing that really seemed the hurt are his balls ( which he doesnt use when ure close to him? im notsure) i can certainly try and just facetank him when i get a full set of fragments again and post my experience here. the only run where i died was my first attempt though when i was figuring out his mechanics after that it became super easy to do deathless runs. i think the runs took around 10-12 ? minutes.
I upgraded some of my stuff like you said...

Once I balance out my resists and find a better chest I can probably start using Doedre's...

And I got this belt today.

I might try and get a nice ES glove with high int so I can get "Attack and Cast Speed" for Leap Slam antics (Essence of Insanity)

"
leichenlager wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
leichenlager wrote:

in all honesty i havent tried facetanking shaper yet because id just assume im going to die. however the only thing that really seemed the hurt are his balls ( which he doesnt use when ure close to him? im notsure) i can certainly try and just facetank him when i get a full set of fragments again and post my experience here. the only run where i died was my first attempt though when i was figuring out his mechanics after that it became super easy to do deathless runs. i think the runs took around 10-12 ? minutes.

The difference in builds. While using kelvynn's, I always thought I was immortal and tried tanking everything. And I don't understand why do you believe this build loses in clear speed. A single cast clears all mobs, even in high tier maps. Having more damage seems pointless. Facetanking vs kiting.. definitely going to choose facetanking, I rather play a bow build if I wanted to kite.

P.s If you are trying Kelvynn's WI, follow through it, he has really researched and explored every crook and cranny before doing this build. Of cause there could be something he might have missed out, but if there was, it'd probably be something that makes minor difference. Trust!
The argument between the 2 builds is getting old lol

I think we can agree the best version would be a mixed of the build.
Going Witch with 3 curses (+1 ammy), full unique (2 perandus ring) would be the best min-max you could do. You would have much more INT, maybe similar ES because shav, same %leech and a tons more dps (LL + more INT).
I suspect an occultist version would do more dps too (for cheaper 3 curse) once you have 2200+ INT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info