[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
meyogi wrote:

The difference in builds. While using kelvynn's, I always thought I was immortal and tried tanking everything. And I don't understand why do you believe this build loses in clear speed. A single cast clears all mobs, even in high tier maps. Having more damage seems pointless. Facetanking vs kiting.. definitely going to choose facetanking, I rather play a bow build if I wanted to kite.

P.s If you are trying Kelvynn's WI, follow through it, he has really researched and explored every crook and cranny before doing this build. Of cause there could be something he might have missed out, but if there was, it'd probably be something that makes minor difference. Trust!

well what difference? just because i didnt attempt to tank him doesnt mean the build couldnt. anyway like i said its just my prefered choice i have never claimed the templar version of the build being superior. i just enjoyed having the high physical dmg reduction on an ES char and i had alot of unique items needed lying around.
"
TeaAddict wrote:

And I got this belt today.

Awesome belt! Grats! Craft 5% movespeed on it (Tora lv 6 for 1 Divine).

"
leichenlager wrote:
in all honesty i havent tried facetanking shaper yet because id just assume im going to die. however the only thing that really seemed the hurt are his balls ( which he doesnt use when ure close to him? im notsure) i can certainly try and just facetank him when i get a full set of fragments again and post my experience here. the only run where i died was my first attempt though when i was figuring out his mechanics after that it became super easy to do deathless runs. i think the runs took around 10-12 ? minutes.

He only uses the ball barrage and the teleport slam when the target is outside of his melee range (the same goes for the Minotaur as well). That's why facetanking is great. It's faster and safer at the same time. Of course, it takes some practice, as does any approach. Some deaths will happen. But once you get used to it, Shaper farming can be as easy as in my Inquisitor video.

"
reliq wrote:
The argument between the 2 builds is getting old lol

I think we can agree the best version would be a mixed of the build.
Going Witch with 3 curses (+1 ammy), full unique (2 perandus ring) would be the best min-max you could do. You would have much more INT, maybe similar ES because shav, same %leech and a tons more dps (LL + more INT).
I suspect an occultist version would do more dps too (for cheaper 3 curse) once you have 2200+ INT.

I am yet to see any evidence of an all-unique version of this build that would actually work. The guy who popped up here a few days ago bragging about his (insanely expensive) version with 44k Icestorm and all that - looks like he hasn't actually been playing it in the current endgame, only talking. He stopped talking after I pointed out some rather glaring flaws in his setup. Just like the people who popped up in the old WI Scion thread from time to time to show off how they destroy trash and non-endgame bosses with their all-unique setups, and then couldn't produce the results against the actual endgame.

I don't think all-unique is the way to achieve the max power here. Godly rares, +1 Astra, legacy Perandus - that's the way.

And no, Occultist won't get you far. It doesn't have nearly the DPS power of Elementalist when it comes to fire or cold damage. Raw Icestorm tooltip is only a part of the actual DPS. Look at the Occultist ascendancy and the Elementalist ascendancy. There is no contest there. Occultist is great for some builds and play styles, but I don't see it working well with WI. If GGG gives us a way to convert Icestorm damage to chaos then we can look at Occultist again.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 13, 2016, 2:23:47 PM
I have 1.2Million dps when the tooltip only show 5.5k or something like that.
"
gruumine wrote:
I have 1.2Million dps when the tooltip only show 5.5k or something like that.

Yep. Pure visual comparison of how fast the boss goes down to WI and some skill with an accurate tooltip DPS tells me that I'm doing about 1.5M DPS with 7k Icestorm tooltip (my league Inquisitor kills the Shaper about as quickly as a godly/mirrored 1.5M dps CI Reaver in Standard).
Finally upgraded my chest like you asked. Now I just need to work on getting quality and stuff like that on my gems, and getting the next possible upgrade when I can...

Been using those two to help with a lot of the bosses that hit super hard...
I got completely obliterated on Minutaur - 6 deaths.

Went in with 12,885 ES, and 8k+ tool tip damage. Had two fire golems up as I didnt have my chaos with me. Put my ice dude away to avoid roll attack. I think he was still rolling and hitting me. Noty positive honestly.

Swapped out one of my Perandus signet rings for a Doedre's so that I could dual curse and add Enfeeble which means I had to drop discipline. But still at 10.2k es. More than you had in your vid. Still get wallopped

then I decide to drop both golems just to make sure they arent triggering the roll. Still rolling and getting owned

Halp.
"
Deliverme wrote:

Went in with 12,885 ES, and 8k+ tool tip damage. .

Would you mind posting your gear and tree? I'm astounded at how much ES you have. I'm level 93 (still with 3 unspent points after I just respec'd to this build - still deciding), I've followed the posted tree almost to a tee and I only have 7775 ES with Discipline.

I should add that I have pretty nice ES on my gloves and chest and respectable on my boots, too. Int on each but around 30-40 range each.

Thanks.
Last edited by urgatorbait on Oct 13, 2016, 9:36:48 PM
"
urgatorbait wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

Went in with 12,885 ES, and 8k+ tool tip damage. .

Would you mind posting your gear and tree? I'm astounded at how much ES you have. I'm level 93 (still with 3 unspent points after I just respec'd to this build - still deciding), I've followed the posted tree almost to a tee and I only have 7775 ES with Discipline.

I should add that I have pretty nice ES on my gloves and chest and respectable on my boots, too. Int on each but around 30-40 range each.

Thanks.

If I had to guess, it's all top tier gear, a top tier crystal belt, and probably 21/20 Discipline, etc.
Hey op!, just wondering if i should change out my hubris for black sun...not really sure if my dps is at where it should be.
"
Deliverme wrote:

Went in with 12,885 ES, and 8k+ tool tip damage. Had two fire golems up as I didnt have my chaos with me. Put my ice dude away to avoid roll attack. I think he was still rolling and hitting me. Noty positive honestly.

Swapped out one of my Perandus signet rings for a Doedre's so that I could dual curse and add Enfeeble which means I had to drop discipline. But still at 10.2k es. More than you had in your vid. Still get wallopped

then I decide to drop both golems just to make sure they arent triggering the roll. Still rolling and getting owned

Halp.

If Mino is actually using his Ground Roll: are you facetanking him? If you try to hit him from outside of his melee range then he will roll you. Or if you are in a party: he will use the roll if somebody else is outside of his melee range.

And your custom changes to the build aren't good. You are sacrificing way too much for that extra ES and hurting yourself. I've said it many times: ES is not the goal. The goal is fully functional mechanics and high Int.

1. You are running with 1 curse. No Enfeeble, no TC.
2. You are not using AA.
3. You don't have Potency of Will.
4. You are using ES nodes.
5. You are not using Orb of Storms.
6. You don't have Mastermind of Discord.
7. You are using a Hubris circlet instead of Black Sun, and not even a very good one.
8. Your boots are low Int.

Minion Life Support, Minion Damage Support, Frost Wall - get rid of that useless crap ASAP. We don't have space for Flame Dash+FC either, not unless you use it instead of Leap Slam and play without Fortify (but then facetanking bosses gets harder). Inc Duration too, not worth a socket.

Drop Foresight and the 10% ES node. Drop Faith and Steel. Get Potency of Will and Whispers of Doom. 1500 Int = 300% increased ES. All those small %ES nodes are irrelevant.

So yeah, get back to the build. The only thing that's Ok there is you using AoF+Ctf because you have a legacy Perandus signet (but it's harder to max resist without Pyre). If you want to use both of them and go with dual-curse (WM aura, CWDT Enfeeble) that's semi-Ok, you'll just die more often but should still win most of the time without TC. But the rest of your changes are totally killing you.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 14, 2016, 2:00:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info