Orion - the hunter - a god with the bow - cheap, insane DPS, fun as hell - Get ready for 2.5 version

Hey ! I'm following your build with my most recent character and it's been a great fun so far !

I was just wondering about the concil bow : Is it really better than Death's opus ? I don't know if I should spend my currencies on this or not ....

I tried atziri with this build and I cleaned everything really easily except for Atziri herself, but I guess it's because I'm on a 4L (using snakebite for the poison, but it's a little clunky at best). Do you got any advice for this fight in particular (like where are you positionning yourself during splitphase, I think I died 2 times because I hit reflect atziri :( )

My gear is far from perfect, but it's working nicely (tried up to T8). I think my next upgrade will be 5L my bow or chest, and drop snakebite for another gloves, but I don't know about the next next upgrade. Here's my gear if you are curious about it :
Spoiler

Last question : How do you handle reflect ? My biggest pb in T7 - T8 are physical reflect rare, which can kill me if I don't pay attention and if the mob got enough hp ...
Last edited by Mennphis on Jun 21, 2016, 10:01:34 AM
TNF25M

"
tweedacus wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
"
tweedacus wrote:
How do you survive against porcupines? its the only time i die :/

Do you use CWDT with IC + frostwall + ID?

that is what I do, never die from it

Im planning to, but dont get any strength in the tree till late late 80s, and currency cant even use IC as im strugling to shuffle my jewelry around with resists etc

I understand, you need an amulet with alot of str + int, there is no other answer
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Jun 21, 2016, 10:15:54 AM
Got to say really loving the idea behind this! The idea that Barrage is finally getting some attention outside of CoC setups, is quite refreshing.

Currently using:

Some of the sockets need some recoloring work and such (looking at you Gloves), but overall its just been melting things. Need to work Vaal Haste into the mix.

Was using Slower Projectiles in the 6L, but subbing it out for Faster Attacks to finish the animation quicker. Just feel like sitting a bit too long firing an channeled skill and all. Plus each Barrage is firing 14 arrows at a time, anything else seems overkill for now. (Though haven't done T14-15 maps yet, will adjust accordingly.)

Jewelry is alright for now, nothing spectacular, but resistances are capped. Have a little over 4k Health and sitting at about 18k Evasion (Eva: 59% Dodge: 40% Spell Dodge: 30%).

Made a few adjustments to tree, if interested:

Mainly just a preference but changed the routing near the Power Charge to grab the much need Int nodes instead of Dex. You do have to spend one additional point to do so, but frees up the gear juggling a bit.

Thanks again for such an intriguing idea that goes along with the new bow quite well! :D
Last edited by RedundantLogic on Jun 21, 2016, 10:49:21 AM
"
Mennphis wrote:
Hey ! I'm following your build with my most recent character and it's been a great fun so far !

I was just wondering about the concil bow : Is it really better than Death's opus ? I don't know if I should spend my currencies on this or not ....

I tried atziri with this build and I cleaned everything really easily except for Atziri herself, but I guess it's because I'm on a 4L (using snakebite for the poison, but it's a little clunky at best). Do you got any advice for this fight in particular (like where are you positionning yourself during splitphase, I think I died 2 times because I hit reflect atziri :( )

My gear is far from perfect, but it's working nicely (tried up to T8). I think my next upgrade will be 5L my bow or chest, and drop snakebite for another gloves, but I don't know about the next next upgrade. Here's my gear if you are curious about it :
Spoiler

Last question : How do you handle reflect ? My biggest pb in T7 - T8 are physical reflect rare, which can kill me if I don't pay attention and if the mob got enough hp ...

Hey, first of all i'm happy ppl like you are having fun with my build iade and take them to deferent places (like the snakebite gloves idea).

i'll try to answer the questions you asked in an order:

1. the ROTC bow vs the death's opus - bouth do same damage per hit, but the 2 more arrows are literly more damage, so if you got 6 arrows, you will have 33% more damage with the ROTC bow.
2. about the uber fight - in the split mode, I stand in the middle, make a clone, and shoot to one are (who is not reflected), most of the time 2 sec of damage with flasks finish that phase.
3. rare reflect - how much leech do u have? do u have the 2% + 0.4%? if you have snake bite I think you have blood rage, wich is another 1.2%, if you got even just 3.5K life, you can't die to reflect, even with my tool tip (I get to 40K with 11 arrows).

I'm here if you need more help
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
"
Got to say really loving the idea behind this! The idea that Barrage is finally getting some attention outside of CoC setups, is quite refreshing.

Currently using:

Some of the sockets need some recoloring work and such (looking at you Gloves), but overall its just been melting things. Need to work Vaal Haste into the mix.

Was using Slower Projectiles in the 6L, but subbing it out for Faster Attacks to finish the animation quicker. Just feel like sitting a bit too long firing an channeled skill and all. Plus each Barrage is firing 14 arrows at a time, anything else seems overkill for now. (Though haven't done T14-15 maps yet, will adjust accordingly.)

Jewelry is alright for now, nothing spectacular, but resistances are capped. Have a little over 4k Health and sitting at about 18k Evasion (Eva: 59% Dodge: 40% Spell Dodge: 30%).

Made a few adjustments to tree, if interested:

Mainly just a preference but changed the routing near the Power Charge to grab the much need Int nodes instead of Dex. You do have to spend one additional point to do so, but frees up the gear juggling a bit.

Thanks again for such an intriguing idea that goes along with the new bow quite well! :D

TY for the feedback, it's cool to see others do this build with there touch.

I like your gloves :D (Grrrrrrr).

also, you too 4 points to get the revenge of the hunted nodes, if you will take 2 jewels you have for 4 nodes, it will give you about the same life with alot more,

invite me to play with you high maps, we can rotate :D
Thank you for the quick answer !

I think my big problem with reflect is the lack of Vaal pact in my tree. I got 4k5 life, 11k dps tooltip (5 powercharge / 3 frenzy), and 2% life leech (only got 2 points in the leech wheel atm), so I guess it must be enough for vaal pact, but on the other hand, I'm still afraid of taking it because of blood rage's degen.

Guess a 5L will allow me to drop snakebite and blood rage, so it won't be a pb for long.

My main problem with atziri is because of snakebite. During the split phase, I need a little time to build up my frenzy charges, so the phase is lasting a little longer than you -> more room for error.
"
Mennphis wrote:
Thank you for the quick answer !

I think my big problem with reflect is the lack of Vaal pact in my tree. I got 4k5 life, 11k dps tooltip (5 powercharge / 3 frenzy), and 2% life leech (only got 2 points in the leech wheel atm), so I guess it must be enough for vaal pact, but on the other hand, I'm still afraid of taking it because of blood rage's degen.

Guess a 5L will allow me to drop snakebite and blood rage, so it won't be a pb for long.

My main problem with atziri is because of snakebite. During the split phase, I need a little time to build up my frenzy charges, so the phase is lasting a little longer than you -> more room for error.

first of all, swich to vaal pact, it's a must for this build, also for reflect and all.

use a poison gem or but the cospri's chest, it will work better, trust me.
what are we looking for on jewels? proj damage, life, what else?
"
idrgz wrote:
what are we looking for on jewels? proj damage, life, what else?

you need life, projectile damage, if you can get increased physical damage (global), the forth mod is crit multi/attack speed with bows, or if you need resistances
never try plaza map with 2 bosses + GMP :D

here is the vid of why:

here is why this build is OP (after I cleared it):

Spoiler
Last edited by rel4us on Jun 21, 2016, 5:35:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info