Invisible threats + exp loss, the real cancer of this game

Hi friends, i make this thread in the pious hope that ggg will finally make some changes to certain "mechanics"

I'm building a dodge/spell dodge sparker. Not focused on super damage (is not crit), nor focused on "path of life nodes" (at the build end, 10 levels to go, it will have around 4.5k HP, now 4.1K+). But particular and "experimental": a full penetration one (agnerod staff + elementalist subclass), so no room for chaos conversion (farewell, Voltaxic)

All goes well for hours and hours, until the stupid things starts to happen and underlines the awful mechanics of this game:

-OFFSCREEN REFLECT. You are there electrocuting mobs all happy, then 2-3 of your sparks "walk" offscreen and in an instant you are dead

-OFFSCREEN PORCUPINE GOLIATHS. Same as above, second death of the day, the very start of the map (=i didn't know they were in the map, white map): i had barely the time to see a barrage of spikes (so many, that in a fraction of a second i have thinked "Ehy, is there a Barrage wander rogue exile"?), and before having the time to press the flask (all "seething"), boom, grave

-ONESHOTS. You are walking, and in a moment, pops out a rare devourer ALREADY POSSESSED BY A GHOST (FROM OFFSCREEN, with all probability). Rogue's grip. Very tight passage, one single swing, not even the time to enfeebe it (orb of storms/coh/enfeeble), death

30% exp gone in around 40 minutes total. Even more preciuouses because good tier maps doesn't drop and Zana had already selled me all of her stuff. Rage, a lot of rage. And the will of playing the game gone for all the day (i know myself). This is NOT the right way to "fidelize" the players.

I know that some changes to exp loss are "in the cauldron" of the next patch, but is not this the point to focus on. Is not the exp loss alone the problem. The main problem is: what is the whole point of defenses, if one hit kills? Not every one wants to play an "ES-sponge" build (i have one, and never die with that exile). The main problem is: what is the whole point of flasks, if you have not even the time to react and press 1-2-3-4-5 buttons? This is arbitrary slowing players.

But the REAL main problem is: WHY THE 90% OF THE THINGS THAT KILLS YOU, ARE NOT VISIBLE? I never die against visible threats (not with life toons, not with CI ones), the ONLY times when i die is for not visible things

Pious hope, pious hope everywhere in me... U_U

Request: GGG, make ALL the threats VISIBLES. Yeah, you know..... V-I-S-I-B-L-E-S
Last edited by Wispo on May 26, 2016, 10:48:05 AM
Last bumped on May 28, 2016, 4:48:58 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Because they have made a game where you have to learn to avoid dying... not just beat it with passive game mechanics.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Because they have made a game where you have to learn to avoid dying... not just beat it with passive game mechanics.

So i must learn to see with my eyes things that are offscreen or underground. Got it, i'll try. Maybe Cyclops from X-men may teach me one thing or two, with that giant eye of him...
"
mezmery wrote:
git gud

Not english native, sorry... git gud is... "get good"? Sorry but i am already good, seeing that the ONLY things that kills me are the not visible ones. Maybe the ones that should get good are GGG, huh? Even super expert veterans like Mathil have said that mechanics like reflect are awful
"
Wispo wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
git gud

Not english native, sorry... git gud is... "get good"? Sorry but i am already good, seeing that the ONLY things that kills me are the not visible ones. Maybe the ones that should get good are GGG, huh? Even super expert veterans like Mathil have said that mechanics like reflect are awful

the only thing i died from closed beta, and probably continue dying is ground shit like bearers.
never had problems with reflect, lag, desynk and other mythical things this forum is being swarmed by.

if you dont like to die to something - build around it or play careful.

so git good, ye.

you may also go lab with hybrid char and get rekt. also you may try vaal temple, and also get rekt. i also recommend you to try facetank uber atziri. and you will die.

reflect is here for balance purposes. and working okay, as super pro veteran players dont die to it, and supid noobs like you do.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 26, 2016, 10:36:44 AM
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
git gud

the only thing i died from closed beta, and probably continue dying is ground shit like bearers.
never had problems with reflect, lag, desynk and other mythical things this forum is being swarmed by.

if you dont like to die to something - build around it or play careful.

so git good, ye.

you may also go lab with hybrid char and get rekt. also you may try vaal temple, and also get rekt. i also recommend you to try facetank uber atziri. and you will die.

If it is from beta that you die from stuffs like bearers... why don't you use on yourself the things like "build around it" or "play careful"? Why have passed years from beta, and you are still not "git gud" with ground damages? Moreover, at difference of the things i've pointed (offscreen reflect, unvisible mobs), ground damages are VISIBLE, so much less "sneaky" of mine problems. The answer is: because if a mechanic is shitty, the player(s) can TRY to "build around it" how much he/she wants, but that mechanic will remain shit, mate :/

There are countless players, not only you, so things like desync, reflect, offscreen are not "mithical things" only because they don't happen to you. And not because bearers sometimes kills you, they are, at the opposite, real. All is real, and the feedback threads like mine or like those of many other friends, are meant to point to the devs that, even if there is a somewhat good experience (i play from around 2 years many hours a day, and i really don't ever die to anything visible), some mechanics are shit

Today i have pointed that the sudden deaths caused by invisible things are shitty design... all here :)
"
Wispo wrote:

If it is from beta that you die from stuffs like bearers... why don't you use on yourself the things like "build around it" or "play careful"? Why have passed years from beta, and you are still not "git gud" with ground damages? Moreover, at difference of the things i've pointed (offscreen reflect, unvisible mobs), ground damages are VISIBLE, so much less "sneaky" of mine problems. The answer is: because if a mechanic is shitty, the player(s) can TRY to "build around it" how much he/she wants, but that mechanic will remain shit, mate :/

There are countless players, not only you, so things like desync, reflect, offscreen are not "mithical things" only because they don't happen to you. And not because bearers sometimes kills you, they are, at the opposite, real. All is real, and the feedback threads like mine or like those of many other friends, are meant to point to the devs that, even if there is a somewhat good experience (i play from around 2 years many hours a day, and i really don't ever die to anything visible), some mechanics are shit

Today i have pointed that the sudden deaths caused by invisible things are shitty design... all here :)

cause im not careful. and im punished for it.
im ok with my own flaws, and totally accepted them, that needs some maturity to do though.
also, i play mostly hc.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 26, 2016, 11:26:52 AM
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

cause im not careful. and im punished for it.
im ok with my own flaws, and totally accepted them, that needs some maturity to do though.
also, i play mostly hc.

I see, but problems arises when the flaws are 100% of the game, and not of the player, because if DEVS have decided that by its nature, spark can travel offscreen.... and if DEVS have decided that a reflect aura is already active on a mob that is offscreen.... well, the players have not flaws or fault at all :/

Countless other friends in the 2 years that i am here are giving ggg suggestions. But ggg hardly hear them... and the game's problems remains there :/

"
mezmery wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

I see, but problems arises when the flaws are 100% of the game, and not of the player, because if DEVS have decided that by its nature, spark can travel offscreen.... and if DEVS have decided that a reflect aura is already active on a mob that is offscreen.... well, the players have not flaws or fault at all :/

Countless other friends in the 2 years that i am here are giving ggg suggestions. But ggg hardly hear them... and the game's problems remains there :/

yes, they need reflect to punish nobrain kids for shitbuilds.
devs are great guys!

Shitbuilds are those "million" dps glass cannon ones, not fully dodge focused (acro/phase + full duration vaal grace x3 = 75% dodges), non crit 25k dps like mine :) Countless players, noobs ones, "average" ones, veteran ones are telling that reflect is shit. Only you say it is a good thing ^.^'
So you want to kill things offscreen but they should not be able to do the same to you?
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info