Invisible threats + exp loss, the real cancer of this game

"
Argedava wrote:
I just died in one shoot in Springs map dual boss.
7800 hp, 10k def, fortify, arctic armour, toh active and enfeeble wasn`t enough as i belive as i killed 1st the 2nd corpse exploded it.
That's a dangerous combination. The detonate dead damage is based on monster life and bosses have a lot of life (and possibly more from map mods). You're not the first to get blown up that way.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
After some time o learn to dont die .How ? Ripper build i play . Kaoms acuity all gear hp all points spend for crit hp and life leech = 8K hp huge instant leech .Can try 2-3 curse and use enfeeble + temporal chains .Dont try make them change something .Do only blue maps , Dont go boss / my boss dont drop any map ...and about + 2 t maps ... i see 2-3 until i go lvl 99 . Dont have any reason to do boss or hard mods . Blue + chisel after t 12 . best way . can go lvl 100 with t 9 - 10 maps too . Build your game dont wait them make something for all . They talk and post only about nerf but 90% players cant kill T 12 boss ...Something more for next nerf ?
"
Argedava wrote:
7800 hp, 10k def, fortify, arctic armour, toh active and enfeeble wasn`t enough as i belive as i killed 1st the 2nd corpse exploded it.

You went full Kripp.

Never go full Kripp.
"
Halugar wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

ONESHOTS

REAL main problem is: WHY THE 90% OF THE THINGS THAT KILLS YOU, ARE NOT VISIBLE?

Dont forget that some AUDIBLE warns will help (a noise when loading bearers, oftenly really hard to see in batlle turmoil, specially if playing in parties or a noise when devourers dig towards you).

I liked to play HC, and most of times my deaths are caused by this sources: 1-shoots with life-rich enough builds, I still didnt found the way to level alone to merciless with other defenses/self found, daresso pits and crowded rooms by defense exhaustion (with ES and eva/pots setups), desyncs in room frames/too many monsters present, I think its caused by stun mechanic because as juggernaut I didnt get that problem as often, lag (on old game, now its fair stable for me) and obviously taking soo many risk going to the unknown and no paying atemption to lurking dangers/traps (10%), eventually.

So: 3/5 death sources are technical and 2/5 due to craving and bad preparation XD

I agree that a passive ingame-built proxy/skill to 1-shoots (or a weaker second life if you want) may lead to unkillable chars, but in other hand I have read In some random parties that people use 3rd party stuffs to DC when life goes down automatically. So a GGG trust skill with very long call down wont break the game, only protect you against those random nukes that eventually land.

Considering how damage filter works, the only way to prevent 1-shoots is a high life pool, but I have died anyway with 6000 and 7000 hp xd against strong sources because bigests hits arent filtered by armor or resistances. Against normal damage sources it should be enough with 5000 hp I think. I guess even higher ES top pool may help (I have seen some vids with people runing 15k+ shield pools or I dreamed it xd?), but I never managed to reach this point with a hardcore setup ;)

Yes some menaces are audible, like stygian revenants... but some are silent... and offscreen :/

And no, you have not dreamed: exists 15K ES toons... I have one of them, my damage is very low (still must be completed, i need to go like lvl 96 and only 87 now), but the survivability is great, between 14K+ ES (Ephemeral edge and a pair of well positioned Energy from within helps a lot) and regen (nearly 2.8K es regen per second, 2x Fragile bloom). And this for a total gear cost (jewels included) of only 35 chaos. Still, there are people who say "ES builds are too much costly" ^.^'

EDIT: here, i gladly share with you the "base" tree of my ES/regen witch, posting to you only the defensive part (=the rest of the points from here to lvl 95-96 is "at free choice"). With this, you will die a lot less (but you'll need very good spell damage on weapon and shield to do acceptable damage). Energy from within jewels in the slots near Melding and Quick recovery, Fragile blooms in the other 2 slots

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAEDAQAAZt-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKyL0bAuTJ3_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_67BgsvxXXhq5WYw5ItzDoWiaIXfIrChEv74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKam6zeDV8ko-oLH-ehodNpiGFZBh7c-g8w8LYNfxq4MXxynU6ULYa9saPJ8DqdVW6CuPmeb5FGbWDH7f-NfP_ZIxFi4kxzcjxrr7prgRZ1TUqcIna4abPfB2CQ2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbXzwfqG7_BV-xveSdA==
Last edited by Wispo on May 28, 2016, 3:52:42 AM
"
Argedava wrote:

Detonations are some of the worst mechanics, too :/
"
ifrimgabi wrote:
After some time o learn to dont die .How ? Ripper build i play . Kaoms acuity all gear hp all points spend for crit hp and life leech = 8K hp huge instant leech .Can try 2-3 curse and use enfeeble + temporal chains .Dont try make them change something .Do only blue maps , Dont go boss / my boss dont drop any map ...and about + 2 t maps ... i see 2-3 until i go lvl 99 . Dont have any reason to do boss or hard mods . Blue + chisel after t 12 . best way . can go lvl 100 with t 9 - 10 maps too . Build your game dont wait them make something for all . They talk and post only about nerf but 90% players cant kill T 12 boss ...Something more for next nerf ?

Nerfs, nerfs everywhere...
"
Argedava wrote:

ive bolded these parts that mattered in this case

corpse explosion is fire damage and as such ignores your armor, your arctic armor (unless you were stationary - but do some tests and youll notice that you are almost never stationary during boss fights.. ive stopped relying on AA for defences), ToH does not matter and enfeeble (if at all applicable to DD) met 60%+ curse effect reduction on boss

double springs == devouring totem or offering. the same applies to maps with 'many totems'. damage from DD cannot be dodged nor blocked..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info