[2.3] TheoryCrafting Staff juggernaut CoC discharge

By the time i was running Xmass tree CoC staff still have something like this :D

IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
I've been trying out several ways to generate endurance charges, endurance stun on melee stun (which is decent when enemies aren't stun immune or curse immune) - and summon raging skull with heartbound loop. (which is a bit too random for my taste)
Lastly i tried out with Scold's Bridle as well. (without the heartbound loop+srs though, it's still not quite what i want it to be charge procwise.)
Something that would be very succesful would be to add P.Coc to the main link and use the voll's devotion necklace - although this necklace will barely be available for the next challenge league. (the new card turn-ins might be the only source)

I find it unable to generate enough charges on a regular basis to really prove its worth, anyone else got some other idea?
Last edited by permut on May 30, 2016, 4:40:35 PM
"
permut wrote:
I've been trying out several ways to generate endurance charges, endurance stun on melee stun (which is decent when enemies aren't stun immune or curse immune) - and summon raging skull with heartbound loop. (which is a bit too random for my taste)
Lastly i tried out with Scold's Bridle as well. (without the heartbound loop+srs though, it's still not quite what i want it to be charge procwise.)
Something that would be very succesful would be to add P.Coc to the main link and use the voll's devotion necklace - although this necklace will barely be available for the next challenge league. (the new card turn-ins might be the only source)

I find it unable to generate enough charges on a regular basis to really prove its worth, anyone else got some other idea?

Using volls amulet is always going to be the best option, but I wanted to not rely on it for this build. The heart bound loop idea is actually a very clever one, probably to you for that. Was scolds really not that reliable for charge generation? I thought it would be amazing, but then again I don't have one to test with.

I'd say if you had a volls devotion then it's probably far better to go the classic CoC build style with daggers.

When the league starts I'll have a new thread for the build, so if I find anything that works then I'll put it there :)
To summarize:

Looks like without Voll's there are no reliable Endurance Charge generation.

Or everything should be there at once:
Scold's Briddle,
Hertboundloop + CWDT lvl 1 +SRS
Warlord's Mark
8% chance Endurance Charge on crit fromstaff nodes ( even for Tryphanon)
Vengeance-Riposte-PCoc-EnduranceOnMeleeStun

Or anyone got another means of generation? Only one thing needed - reliable on hit/crit generation
WiKi tells : Trypanon is exclusive to the Perandus leagues.

So no Trypanon in Prophecy...

Im sad:(
Yay! Here is solution http://imgur.com/a/uPaMM
- charges will be generated en masses but crit cap will be hard....

Damn!!!! It will not proc charge gain....

sad again :)
Last edited by lapilesos on May 31, 2016, 5:10:02 AM
If i swap SRS for summon skeleton and use Army of Bones jewel i might be able to spawn enough skeletons (and have them die quick enough to not have to wait until i don't need the charges any longer) - it might work better.
I've got 4 jewels, need 5 to try i guess.
"
permut wrote:
If i swap SRS for summon skeleton and use Army of Bones jewel i might be able to spawn enough skeletons (and have them die quick enough to not have to wait until i don't need the charges any longer) - it might work better.
I've got 4 jewels, need 5 to try i guess.

Does despawning or resummoning counts as "death of minion"?
Despawning = death, respawning isn't.
This works pretty decently btw, trying with a less duration gem instead of a 5th jewel.
It's enough if you don't run curse immune maps.

Bosses might not be very fast, but the skellys help out with endurance charges there.
Tabula is not recommended for this build - my character has 3.3k armour with tabula and it takes alot of damage.

If i use immortal call - do i still get hit eventhough the damage is negated?
Othervise i can run CWDT - immortal call with this build.

EDIT: Wow - i just tested it and respawning actually works as death on skellys. We don't need less duration gem or jewels.
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 6:33:20 AM
"
permut wrote:
Despawning = death, respawning isn't.
This works pretty decently btw, trying with a less duration gem instead of a 5th jewel.
It's enough if you don't run curse immune maps.

Bosses might not be very fast, but the skellys help out with endurance charges there.
Tabula is not recommended for this build - my character has 3.3k armour with tabula and it takes alot of damage.

If i use immortal call - do i still get hit eventhough the damage is negated?
Othervise i can run CWDT - immortal call with this build.

EDIT: Wow - i just tested it and respawning actually works as death on skellys. We don't need less duration gem or jewels.

If this is true - you don't need army of skelly. Less skeletons - quick respawn rate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info