[2.3] TheoryCrafting Staff juggernaut CoC discharge

"
lapilesos wrote:
"
permut wrote:
If i equip Scold's i'd say it's not cheap anymore though. :-)
But it seems to work good enough without it when i use summon skeletons in the main link.

There's one major money sink in this build. Getting the right colours on a chestpiece. (if you want to get rid of Tabula, which you probably want to seeing as rings won't have any resistance)
But fear not - if you run staff you can get a 6l with the right colours alot easier, by doing this you can also run kaoms (if armour isn't the biggest issue)

Scold's ist not leagues or mapmod spetific - so affordable:)

Colors on kingsguard... what will be a problem here? greens?

Scold's is a torment league item iirc - Kingsguard won't be a big problem but a regular 2k+ armour 100 hp chestpiece with resistance will. :-) (RGGBBB)

There's also another good thing about using your staff as 6L, you can get +2 fire skill gems (which would be optimal if you want fire pen gem in your link instead of life leech for resistant maps), but fire/cold/lightning is fine for discharge. (~20% more damage)

- The biggest problem i see with this build is that when you get those ~16 exalts or something to buy Voll's, you'll end up having to redo your whole tree or reroll. (together with buying new weapon and a shield)
Which isn't really a big problem.
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 9:23:00 AM
"
permut wrote:
"
lapilesos wrote:
"
permut wrote:
If i equip Scold's i'd say it's not cheap anymore though. :-)
But it seems to work good enough without it when i use summon skeletons in the main link.

There's one major money sink in this build. Getting the right colours on a chestpiece. (if you want to get rid of Tabula, which you probably want to seeing as rings won't have any resistance)
But fear not - if you run staff you can get a 6l with the right colours alot easier, by doing this you can also run kaoms (if armour isn't the biggest issue)

Scold's ist not leagues or mapmod spetific - so affordable:)

Colors on kingsguard... what will be a problem here? greens?

Scold's is a torment league item iirc - Kingsguard won't be a big problem but a regular 2k+ armour 100 hp chestpiece with resistance will. :-) (RGGBBB)

There's also another good thing about using your staff as 6L, you can get +2 fire skill gems (which would be optimal if you want fire pen gem in your link instead of life leech for resistant maps), but fire/cold/lightning is fine for discharge. (~20% more damage)

- The biggest problem i see with this build is that when you get those ~16 exalts or something to buy Voll's, you'll end up having to redo your whole tree or reroll. (together with buying new weapon and a shield)
Which isn't really a big problem

Probelmm is not to reroll - but to get 16 Ex in new league :)

Sorry about Scold's assumption - saw it in masses in every league after Torment.
Last edited by lapilesos on May 31, 2016, 9:45:06 AM
I'm thinking a bit about what we can add to this - either we stack vaal hastes or we can go for high crit chance on double blade vortex to add power charges.
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 10:01:43 AM
"
permut wrote:
I'm thinking a bit about what we can add to this - either we stack vaal hastes or we can go for high crit chance on double blade vortex to add power charges.

Power and frenzies are additional for this build . Endurance are primary and I'm feeling me somehow disabled by krippled generation of them.

What will be leveling route of this - sunder or eq till 70?

Cheers.
"
lapilesos wrote:
"
permut wrote:

Power and frenzies are additional for this build . Endurance are primary and I'm feeling me somehow disabled by krippled generation of them.

Cheers.

Are you trying out with the skeleton summoning version now or?
I'd guess we can just hit stuff with random weapon until you get blasphemy with warlords mark + self cast discharge. (and enduring cry to generate charges)
"
permut wrote:
"
lapilesos wrote:
"
permut wrote:

Cheers.

Are you trying out with the skeleton summoning version now or?
I'd guess we can just hit stuff with random weapon until you get blasphemy with warlords mark + self cast discharge. (and enduring cry to generate charges)

No, i'll try this build from 03.06 :)
Then sunder till 38 -> Blasphemy + self discharge till 70?

We need to path Merciless lab with this.
Meybe EQ + Hatred till Merciless lab? I'm lost on it.
Yeah, i guess maybe we need to do cruel lab before we can go self-cast discharge, it might be annoying to get enough charges before that.

I guess earthquake is the strongest melee ability, either that or some fire spell so we can pick a couple of points into those nodes meanwhile leveling.

My build would be something like this i think.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQHcA3UEBwSzBS0GxhLhE3EUIBhqGjgabCcvLdIuUzlSOlg62DwFPV89_EFyRY5HfkyzUEdSU1W1VcZXDVgHWGNYd1iuWfNdpF6lXwRfP2EhZKNlTWZUaGVvO3KpdO12rHfjeWh6731zggeCm4PbhNmE74V7jM-PRpBVkSuRzpZsl5WaO5uhna6ezZ8-n9-iAKLqpwipbqyYrKqtCa2NvJq9Nr6nwAHAGsBmwQTG2Mlnz37QH9Ih02_Vptlh2sHd1eQi6hjsOO087UTvDu987-vwH_JB85v2SPcy99f7iw==

It might be a bit on the low side when it comes to damage, i'm still looking into it.
the skele tactic requires 1x ring slot and 5(?)x jewel slots for self generating charges while getting damaged with scolds...

(are you talking about the auto-cast build from build of the week?)

massive decrease in dmg and survivability just for endurance charges for juggernaut
ign: fanimala
"
fanimala wrote:
the skele tactic requires 1x ring slot and 5(?)x jewel slots for self generating charges while getting damaged with scolds...

(are you talking about the auto-cast build from build of the week?)

massive decrease in dmg and survivability just for endurance charges for juggernaut

1 ring slot + summon skeletons in the main link. (they die when you spawn beyond the cap which is 4 skeletons, you spawn 2 everytime coc procs.)
This makes you take 2 hits everytime coc procs so that unflinching has a 20% chance to give you endurance charges per hit.
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 11:52:37 AM
%Chance to hit + % Chance to crit on hit + % Chance to cast on critical + Chance to gain max power charges

= not enough consistent dmg

- you lose 1 socket for even less dmg

I dont know if its worth going for juggernaut for this "gain max charges" thing without volls atm
ign: fanimala

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info