[2.3] TheoryCrafting Staff juggernaut CoC discharge

"
lapilesos wrote:
"
permut wrote:
Despawning = death, respawning isn't.
This works pretty decently btw, trying with a less duration gem instead of a 5th jewel.
It's enough if you don't run curse immune maps.

Bosses might not be very fast, but the skellys help out with endurance charges there.
Tabula is not recommended for this build - my character has 3.3k armour with tabula and it takes alot of damage.

If i use immortal call - do i still get hit eventhough the damage is negated?
Othervise i can run CWDT - immortal call with this build.

EDIT: Wow - i just tested it and respawning actually works as death on skellys. We don't need less duration gem or jewels.

If this is true - you don't need army of skelly. Less skeletons - quick respawn rate.

It also means we don't necessarily need to run staff, we can run dagger + shield probably. (at the loss of 10% chance to get endurance charge on crit and less crit nodes to pick up)
Trying dual wield daggers right now.
At first glance it looks pretty neat.
"
lapilesos wrote:
"
permut wrote:
Despawning = death, respawning isn't.
This works pretty decently btw, trying with a less duration gem instead of a 5th jewel.
It's enough if you don't run curse immune maps.

Bosses might not be very fast, but the skellys help out with endurance charges there.
Tabula is not recommended for this build - my character has 3.3k armour with tabula and it takes alot of damage.

If i use immortal call - do i still get hit eventhough the damage is negated?
Othervise i can run CWDT - immortal call with this build.

EDIT: Wow - i just tested it and respawning actually works as death on skellys. We don't need less duration gem or jewels.

If this is true - you don't need army of skelly. Less skeletons - quick respawn rate.

Confirmed by self casting when nothing else is happening.

It also seems that this works through immortal call with my limited testing..
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 7:05:16 AM
So, loop is cheap Voll's for Juggernaut.

Good - then it gona be my starter build :)
There are also enchant for gloves that spawns wepon clones on hit.
Duno if this helps.

"
It also seems that this works through immortal call with my limited testing..

With LC or Cloack of Flame you can be damaged from Loop still being immune tp physical.

BAd is - IC will interact with Discharge. Both of them will weaken eachother
Last edited by lapilesos on May 31, 2016, 7:12:00 AM
Endurance Charge Generation is really really hard if you want them in great quantity without the need to kill something.

I suggest

Mjölner

Romira's Banquet

and Voll's Devotion (sadly)

Staff coc Discharge needs charges. Staff nodes are not enough for Generation and against bosses you cant use on-kill effect like Warlords Mark and you Need massive crit chance.

Juggernaut + Scold's Briddle is nice depending how fast you can hit yourself but it is still inferior to Voll's Devotion.

With staff + Voll's Protector you loose massive defenses. How do you want to kill if you get yourself killed?

The idea seems Hipster-like. I will go Juggernaut with Mjölner, Romiras, Volls and Aegis.

lvl 95 - Life - Skill Point - Endurance Charge
Needs massive Int and Strength from gear.
ign: fanimala
fanimala, i think you're underestimating the skeleton spawning strategy, i get a decent amount of endurance charges with a moderate amount of crit chance.
(Of course not as many as with a classic trickster + voll's chest, but at a major discounted price, the difference being as every charge i get will be 9 charges, we also have the opportunity to gain 900 hp every discharge if we choose not to go for a major armour body armour.)

And it's easy to tell that this will not be the optimal spec - this is a prophecy viable spec. (Voll's Devotion might only be available from the cards as far as i've seen from preliminary Zana device mods.)
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 7:43:39 AM
"
permut wrote:
fanimala, i think you're underestimating the skeleton spawning strategy, i get a decent amount of endurance charges with a moderate amount of crit chance.
(Of course not as many as with a classic trickster + voll's chest, but at a major discounted price, the difference being as every charge i get will be 9 charges, we also have the opportunity to gain 900 hp every discharge if we choose not to go for a major armour body armour.)

And it's easy to tell that this will not be the optimal spec - this is a prophecy viable spec. (Voll's Devotion might only be available from the cards as far as i've seen from preliminary Zana device mods.)

Maybe with scold's + loop + fast hitting dagger there will be enough carges.
If i equip Scold's i'd say it's not cheap anymore though. :-)
But it seems to work good enough without it when i use summon skeletons in the main link.

There's one major money sink in this build. Getting the right colours on a chestpiece. (if you want to get rid of Tabula, which you probably want to seeing as rings won't have any resistance)
But fear not - if you run staff you can get a 6l with the right colours alot easier, by doing this you can also run kaoms (if armour isn't the biggest issue)
Last edited by permut on May 31, 2016, 8:16:27 AM
"
permut wrote:
If i equip Scold's i'd say it's not cheap anymore though. :-)
But it seems to work good enough without it when i use summon skeletons in the main link.

There's one major money sink in this build. Getting the right colours on a chestpiece. (if you want to get rid of Tabula, which you probably want to seeing as rings won't have any resistance)
But fear not - if you run staff you can get a 6l with the right colours alot easier, by doing this you can also run kaoms (if armour isn't the biggest issue)

Scold's ist not leagues or mapmod spetific - so affordable:)

Colors on kingsguard... what will be a problem here? greens?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info