[2.3] TheoryCrafting Staff juggernaut CoC discharge

forgot say should be a HC version, hope you can help me , thnax .
"
Rulky wrote:
Hello guys ! :D
checked your tree saw you have very low crit nodes and low chance to generate PC.
why staff? i mean dagger is too much better im sure(coz crit for spells), and is hard make a better coc than trickster is atm .... i want make a jugg coc too , have the tree and items auras etc , only thing i need is how solve my mana issues lol.

also want ask if its viable make a COC discharge without use the voll's portector... because i dont want use it, my idea is use a high armour chest ofc.

Think its possible with blasphemy + Assasins mark , but if i use this setup cant run warlords and need mana leech.... .

cyclone + CoC + Discharge + Inc Crit Strikes + FA = mana cost 28.9
(Using Faster Attacks gem because the lack of this on the tree compared with trickster and because is very importnat for proc Coc more often)

anyone have a idea how te get 0 mana cost cyclone?

my passsive tree : poeurl.com/DGv

long version :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAMbYWGPLHsAB97k9_NI4BsYWu4zPXaT2SN3VXz8aPhQgf-N8uO8OMfspLlBH8azkUVcNZ5vZYdIhlmzzm64-rY3yQZHOaGXGrs9-ggcLYTwt2XyvbINfg8xo8rc-8B98S0GH_gqiAJZ0-ejyRdi9BLOCxzrhNZLAZij6plf-j7XyPAWYrU3jbqqf3-98SsiaOz8ngpsqTew4fVuFe6xHZlRRTMpKb55fsPGzgwmcpJu1S1eHE8M6hMXA43cHKjgkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkjjhBGWG8gHHs_dlS7xivDVj_pJUev1ZJ3yHQ==

I wanted to use staves because its a different approach, and I've just always wanted to do it. The marauder changes give it a chance to be viable so I'm hoping I can make it work. With your version of the tree, I'm not sure how you're generating endurance charges other than warlords mark. Staves get the benifit of the endurance charge on melee crit, which is what my version of the build revolves around. As for the power charges, I'm unsure how much focus I want to put on them.

The version of the tree up does have the melee crit wheel which is a very nice crit wheel. I used to have the staff nodes at the top of the tree allocated but there was so much investment and so much loss of survivability.

I would definitely like to make this build work without a Voll's Protector, which is why I want to have a kingsguard.

Having faster attacks in the links could be an endgame option. When I actually play the build I'll test that out too and see how needed it is, you could be right in that I will need it.

For 0 mana cost cyclone, the only other way that doesn't involve trickster's node is the -8 elreon jewelery. With your links and the 28 mana cost, you could either just have the 5 mana cost which shouldn't be hard to manage or get some reduced mana cost nodes.

Thanks for all of the feedback and suggestions, I'll add some things to the post with some of your suggestions :)
"
Rulky wrote:
forgot say should be a HC version, hope you can help me , thnax .

I think it should be HC viable if you're a smart player. It has 188% life and the option to use a kaom's heart if you get a 6 link staff. If you're using a kingsguard like I want to then thats also 100 life per endurance charge expended. Personally I'm not a HC player so I'm not the best judge of its HC viability. I just don't have time or the patience to remake characters after deaths sadly :P
yah i thought in elreon jewelry but not sure if will be enought to 0 mana cost it ... thats my biggest issue.
For endurances i will use Volls devotion , so i will be max endurances all time , my only issue is the mana and how generate PC ... not sure if PCOC will be enought...withouth use a voll's Protector , do you think will be? other option is use romira's but dont think is worth coz you will crit alot... dont think is an option . for that i though use assasin mark instead warlords but mana issues again :/ .
i'd like use this auras : Determination + WarlodsMark or AssMark OR : PoLight + PoFire + Curse with blasphemy if i manage to get enouth reduced mana .
Ya is HC viable for sure , i just told it because you maybe wanted make any changes in my tree as tip , nothing else . :D
Imo instead kings ward surely better a high armour chest coz Unbreakable asscendacy node isntead Volls.
but if youre Sc player if i were you i will use volls for sure .i want make it with jugg because the phys mitigation , there is no other reason , maybe movement speed . Trickster is better for rest of things!!
"
Rulky wrote:
yah i thought in elreon jewelry but not sure if will be enought to 0 mana cost it ... thats my biggest issue.
For endurances i will use Volls devotion , so i will be max endurances all time , my only issue is the mana and how generate PC ... not sure if PCOC will be enought...withouth use a voll's Protector , do you think will be? other option is use romira's but dont think is worth coz you will crit alot... dont think is an option . for that i though use assasin mark instead warlords but mana issues again :/ .
i'd like use this auras : Determination + WarlodsMark or AssMark OR : PoLight + PoFire + Curse with blasphemy if i manage to get enouth reduced mana .

Even if you get the cost down to 5 you could probably just sustain even with that, or get the reduced mana cost nodes/ jewels.

If you're using volls devotion, then honestly I think the best option is just to use voll's devotion because of the massive charge cycling and use daggers. My version is based around not using it. PCoC might be a subsititute, but I think the classic CoC discharge setup works way better with Voll's devotion + Voll's Protector. For mana, the leech from warlords has been enough for me in every build Ive used it with.
"
Rulky wrote:
Imo instead kings ward surely better a high armour chest coz Unbreakable asscendacy node isntead Volls.
but if youre Sc player if i were you i will use volls for sure .i want make it with jugg because the phys mitigation , there is no other reason , maybe movement speed . Trickster is better for rest of things!!

The unbreakable node is nice, but would it be better than the fortify node that juggernaut has? In the new update it will give 25% increased fortify effect, which takes fortify up to 25% damage reduction I think. Sure the life regen is wasted, but that's not a big deal. I'm sure somebody could do some math and figure out at what armor point does the Double armor chest become better than the increased fortify.
Well i dont want use voll's protector either .... thats the main reason of my problems , the idea is make a Tank Coc Discharge with Jugg class .

with warlords i will have no mana problems ofc , the point is i dont want use that aura in endgame , i will use it untill get a 6L , when i get a devotion and i dont need generate more endurances and have Life Leech in my gem setup .

maybe with few jewels with +2 mana on hit and some elreon jewelry it will be solved , ill think about it later XD . but im sure i can manage it .

Now how generate PC?whats the idea for your build , without voll's protector?
25 % of 20% (fortify) = 25% fortify.... im sure get 35-40k Armour is better :D , since you will mitigate elemental dmg at full endurances and/or using Heralds/Flask. ofc you will keep getting fortify with Leap slam/WB .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info