Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

"
veneror wrote:
And yet Reflect still exists in this game. Mkay

reflect is % dmg dealt which u can DEAL with.
more like and yet LIGHTNING THORNS is still in the game.
i have insta ripped on like 8 different builds to it even with flasks up...
"
bamophet wrote:
"
wow is this real life

This is just fantasy.

Caught in a landslide ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
No escape from reality
open your eyes
IGN Azonto
Really? The Trickster only gets 15% (up from 10%) frenzy charge on kill and that's it?
Pretty disappointing tbh. I think it could use some movement speed, maybe even a mini mind over matter or something.
"
YohSL wrote:
Really? The Trickster only gets 15% (up from 10%) frenzy charge on kill and that's it?
Pretty disappointing tbh. I think it could use some movement speed, maybe even a mini mind over matter or something.

The trickster's "movement skills are free" node is freaking powerful to be honest, I'm surprised thqt they did not nerf it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Now, 2.3.0 is nearly out. I can't wait for 2.4.0.
"
Devonor wrote:
GGG
Rare uniques getting more rare : This is like saying f..k you to all newcomers to poe . Not only them but all self found players and casual players . Are you guys trying to make d3 vanilla ( that many hated ) , Are you too going to design the game auround the auction house like blizzard did ? Most of the changes you did is fine but this part i hate . It's a loot based game and its fun to find good stuff ( self found ). You are doing the same mistakes blizzard did . In that case it would be better if you just sold the game to blizz , atleast we would get a game company with money that can develop the game very well further with a solid bank account , they are also way more into the self found philosophy . they have probably done it in a extreme way but they removed the auction house . I am not saying rare stuff should drop often but occasionally a good drop is nice . I still have not found a single shavronnes , i never going to do it now . The auction house game starts ( already has though ).

Me personally are not spending a single dollar/euro on this game the way your philosophy is atm .

The problem of the rarity arise from the ability of players to trade freely. If they can trade, rarest items become not so rare and since we all drop stuff that we don't really need, the market get saturated. That was Perandus. When you have the best items and everybody have 'em, you have nothing to run after and the game becomes boring, except for self found players... but these two type of gameplay can't coexists in the same game, or at least league.

Vanilla D3 wasn't boring because Legendary items was hard to find. That was because there was no fun at finding them, every item in that game were nearly/deadly? identical beside Legendaries. I don't understand what happened, the game design felt somewhat amateur compared to oldschool blizzard games and the auction house just exposed that to exponent 10 by letting you the choice of grinding 2,000 gold per hour or buying 1,000,000 gold for 1$... TBH, I think blizzard just wanted us to spend more than 60$ for the game and it failed because the game should be fun out of the box, not after a 10$ invested in fun gear.

I'll propose something to any player ranting about rarity, learn to play the game, personally I never had stellar rare gear (never had a 6L beside Tabula rasa) and I progressed quite enough in the game to have a lot of fun, even doing Tier 10 and Tier 11 maps. I never attempted Atziri, but that's more about being a coward than having bad gear. Learn to identify what's good and what's not for your build, you can progress a lot only doing that.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
"
Kagari wrote:
Nice to see a reduction to the high tier uniques. I've yet to drop one even after they got quadrupled.
At least now i know i won't even bother trying and just farm dried lake for currency and buy the items.

I hate trading and not looting.

I do so agree totally with that one : PoE is all about trading when I don't want to play shops (play store ? you know what I mean). Seriously : offer people a league where trade is forbidden and drops increased. I'll play that instead. 4 times more frequent uniques never drop anayway and you lower the chances...

I've had much fun playing PoE (really much), but the grinding is really too slow for those who have better things to do than flipping stuff. And the economy you promote is all about that as prices are absolutely unbelievable. And I say this after my mate and I got the best league ever (as far as drops are concerned) with a skyforth chanced.

We are exactly on the same boat here. I play with a friend, we work together and we can together make 100+ ex per league without problem. The problem is I have to do things I don't want to do in order to make money, in order to get the 6L unique chest or bow I want. All I want to do is kill and loot.
Seriously, I just wasted 60$ for the Prophecy supporter pack, I would rather throw the 60$ in the trash. I play this game since open beta and only since Perandus, I feel there's gonna be a good future, so I started supporting. I spend money for the games that actually bring me fun (spent over $1000 in Hearthstone). But now, no more support from me for sure unless there's something nice in the future
"
13aDa55 wrote:
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
"
Kagari wrote:
Nice to see a reduction to the high tier uniques. I've yet to drop one even after they got quadrupled.
At least now i know i won't even bother trying and just farm dried lake for currency and buy the items.

I hate trading and not looting.

I do so agree totally with that one : PoE is all about trading when I don't want to play shops (play store ? you know what I mean). Seriously : offer people a league where trade is forbidden and drops increased. I'll play that instead. 4 times more frequent uniques never drop anayway and you lower the chances...

I've had much fun playing PoE (really much), but the grinding is really too slow for those who have better things to do than flipping stuff. And the economy you promote is all about that as prices are absolutely unbelievable. And I say this after my mate and I got the best league ever (as far as drops are concerned) with a skyforth chanced.

We are exactly on the same boat here. I play with a friend, we work together and we can together make 100+ ex per league without problem. The problem is I have to do things I don't want to do in order to make money, in order to get the 6L unique chest or bow I want. All I want to do is kill and loot.
Seriously, I just wasted 60$ for the Prophecy supporter pack, I would rather throw the 60$ in the trash. I play this game since open beta and only since Perandus, I feel there's gonna be a good future, so I started supporting. I spend money for the games that actually bring me fun (spent over $1000 in Hearthstone). But now, no more support from me for sure unless there's something nice in the future

Yup that's about all I want to do as well I don't like the trade system here so all I do is kill and loot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info