Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

Damn, I really enjoy all the salt.

Regarding the problem with consuming dark: I guess the item was a bad idea in the first place. 75% fire to chaos, nice global crit, spell dmg and chaos damage poisons enemies. This enabled almost all ele spell caster/trap builds to go full chaos damage easily without any real downside.

They either should have created the item with just ~40% fire to chaos or acted more carefully with the power creep relating to proj dmg/speed. I can kinda understand the people that are mad now but hey, there is no doubt that chaos builds are just too OP at the moment and it's easier and more logical to just nerve 2-3 items than reworking countless parts of the game(skill tree, ascendancy classes, gems) which would probably cause more trouble and affect even more builds.
This is a buff.
And yet Reflect still exists in this game. Mkay
"
Hellsfire wrote:
"
wehrberg wrote:
Lol Ascendant just got gutted, there's almost no reason to go Ascendant vs anything else.

Notables:
Berserker: no more perma leech.
Deadeye: only 30% pierce, 30% increased dmg to targets instead of 30% more.

Probably the worst class now.

Ascendant deadeye was always increased projectile dmg, not more. For the record

True. But Berserker was for the most part the only reason to ever be an Ascendant. All the other choices are meh, unless you could take advantage of Deadeye, for example if playing a Sparker. Now with the Berserker and Deadeye nerfs, yes, there's almost no reason to ever be an Ascendant.

When is GGG going to get that no one wants the "recently" crap where things only last 4 seconds, especially when "recently" is coupled with "on kill" or some other mechanic you have no control over. What you end up with is wasted skill points that only work when you don't need it, and don't work when you do.

About the only good designed "recently" skill is the Gladiator's Painforged skill. If you have been damaged recently you get 8% increased block. If you haven't been damaged recently you have 40% increased damage. The skill always works. You are either kickiing ass until you are damaged or blocking attacks until you are no longer taking damage.

Also, I would like to know why Beserker was nerfed. GGG cannot claim the always-leech was too powerful. GGG just put the always-leech on the Marauder/Beserker Pain Reaver node, to boost a node no one took because it was "recently" and "on kill". And Pain Reaver is dual leech!

Don't get me wrong. Pain Reaver needed the boost. But Ascendant Berserker didn't need a nerf, though I wouldn't have a problem with the 1.5% always life leech becoming 1.0% always life leech.

Last edited by Galtrovan on May 26, 2016, 4:10:45 PM
"
Galtrovan wrote:

When is GGG going to get that no one wants the "recently" crap where things only last 4 seconds, especially when "recently" is coupled with "on kill" or some other mechanic you have no control over. What you end up with is wasted skill points that only work when you don't need it, and don't work when you do.

So, you're saying you have no control over an effect that is on kill. In a game where you're constantly killing stuff. Uh... ok. If your build doesn't kill at least something every 4 seconds, you're really doing it wrong. You shouldn't even spend that long hopping from pack to pack.
Last edited by Saerileth on May 26, 2016, 4:24:37 PM
Im a bit confused from the frasing used on chaos conversion changes. Will conversion items still convert all the fire damage (lets say 2x Consuming Dark x 50% each) but the resulting chaos damage will be 60% of the pre-patch value OR will the items now convert 60% of the fire damage into chaos damage (2x Consuming x 30% each). In other words 2x new Consuming Dark(x50% each) and 100 fire damage will result in 0 Fire damage and 60 Chaos damage, OR will it result in 40 Fire and 60 Chaos damage?? Please can someone from GGG clarify this? Cause the 1st case would be a simple damage output nerf when using chaos damage (understandable and ok for me), but the 2nd case would result in no meaning using chaos conversion at all (lets face it everyone uses chaos conversion so they dont 1shot themselves and not that much for the OP damage output)
Last edited by RamboStonKampo on May 26, 2016, 4:44:28 PM
The MOST CONFUSING and BIGGEST question of all is this: Why did they not buff elemental hit? WHY?!!!!
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Hellsfire wrote:
"
wehrberg wrote:
Lol Ascendant just got gutted, there's almost no reason to go Ascendant vs anything else.

Notables:
Berserker: no more perma leech.

True. But Berserker was for the most part the only reason to ever be an Ascendant. All the other choices are meh, unless you could take advantage of Deadeye, for example if playing a Sparker. Now with the Berserker and Deadeye nerfs, yes, there's almost no reason to ever be an Ascendant.

About the only good designed "recently" skill is the Gladiator's Painforged skill. If you have been damaged recently you get 8% increased block. If you haven't been damaged recently you have 40% increased damage. The skill always works. You are either kickiing ass until you are damaged or blocking attacks until you are no longer taking damage.

Also, I would like to know why Beserker was nerfed. GGG cannot claim the always-leech was too powerful. GGG just put the always-leech on the Marauder/Beserker Pain Reaver node, to boost a node no one took because it was "recently" and "on kill". And Pain Reaver is dual leech!

Don't get me wrong. Pain Reaver needed the boost. But Ascendant Berserker didn't need a nerf, though I wouldn't have a problem with the 1.5% always life leech becoming 1.0% always life leech.

agreed.......and i think getting fortify as duelist and use a bow to cast a spell is beyond me..they need to get rid of that garbage..and have it changed to "you are granted fortify when using a melee weapon" and not beable to use certain spells on bows ... real hard
Last edited by LBGxValor on May 26, 2016, 4:59:32 PM
"
Hellsfire wrote:
"
wehrberg wrote:

Notables:

I think he was talking about Farshot (30% more).
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on May 26, 2016, 4:59:09 PM
"
dyneol wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
The balance guys need to justify their jobs somehow so we get retarded and useless "balance" changes like this every few months. Great job!!!

Real constructive feedback ;)

Ive given it over many years, who are you again? ;)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
And here I am, looking at huge buffs bringing some of the under used classed directly to the possible Top3 class for Prophecy, while my RF Chieftain build gets 0 buffs and I don't have even a 4th big node to pick for it... Will have to pick 2 small nodes. Feels really bad...

Maybe I need to switch to Juggernaut, for a fire build that needs regen, over chieftain... So sad :(
Wish they would make ANY of the Hinekora properties to affect RF...
Last edited by Kaemonarch on May 26, 2016, 5:16:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info