Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

Well it's a bit sad that there are so little nerfs. I loved the old GGG when they crushed every skill that was used too much at the end of the league, while slightly buffing the other one: im just seeing a VMS destroyed, but honestly you could do a lot more, the problems are so many and you didn't even think about them. This is very bad.
Maybe the next big patch will be better. I hope I'll have fun in Prophecy: the new challenges are very well studied, this is a good improvement.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jun 1, 2016, 1:33:01 AM
Got a Question. Will the Legacy Consuming Dark get to 45% conversion? Or to 30% like the normal? Since its From the Base.
Last edited by Mikeay on Jun 1, 2016, 3:00:42 AM

"
suck_me_off wrote:

Nope, not banned but at this point I wouldn't care much even if it were. Would be just a good excuse to charge back the $20 I spent/wasted. Thankfully there's plenty of other poe clones that are offline (eg Grim Dawn) so if I don't like the latest patch I don't have to update it to keep playing. And of course there's something to say with anyone bitching and rage quitting; it makes it easier for GGG to count how many players they piss off, whether they actually learn from it or not is another matter. As far as life not being fair: That's exactly why I don't play life (I stay in my apartment and live on welfare as I have done for the last 10 years, one of the perks of being American).

so why another account ?
To have a more impactful whine by setting such a name ? I don't think that would matter but ...
GGG definitely cannot please everyone with such w difficult balancing task.

"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
VMS: Duration cut in half, damage cut in half. Basically, it got the incinerate treatment.

oh WOW

If that's the case, they did not rework VMS at all, they nerfed it to the ground.
That's kind of a pity, because one case of abuse through one unique item made this happen. I thought they would do something like "when hit by a monster" or something such - plus duration nerf, or just a fixed duration maybe ), but maybe that would have required deeper system changes that they cannot afford.
Can we see that somewhere ? It does not come out in the manifesto right now.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 1, 2016, 4:42:51 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Look for a topic made by Chris. It is in GD I think. There's a link to googledoc with patch notes project.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Look for a topic made by Chris. It is in GD I think. There's a link to googledoc with patch notes project.

Well there is the patchnote now :
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667259
Indeed, that's quite a big nerf.
Still easily usable while leveling up though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 2, 2016, 6:05:56 AM
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
It's actually kind of funny that chaos is getting the shit kicked out of it and the new league colors are purple. Intended? Lol
So true :)
"
Monsters and maps with the Hexproof prefix now grant the Hexproof keyword. Hexproof prevents curses applying to monsters, but can be bypassed under certain conditions. Currently only one unique item being added in 2.3.0 will bypass Hexproof, but this power may show up from other sources in the future. This does not affect curse reduction that unique monsters can have, and allows for Curse Immunity that is absolute and not keyworded as "Hexproof".

6 years and still not another item or way to bypass hexproof...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info