Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

"
PsOfOs wrote:
Voltaxic wasn't the problem.
Stupid overpowered chaos support gems you introduced recently were.
They all gave MORE damage.
If you will keep introducing broken gems and then destroy the items that used them, there's no point at all.
You could just tone down the gems,like you did with crit multiplier gem in 2.0.
If one wants to play pure chaos he should be able to but have really low dps compared to phys or ele.

How come an item that lets you ignore reflect and most magic resistances all together and has a good dps with no drawback isn't broken ?
It is.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
need 2 legacy consuming dark + Infernal mantle for 100% conversion....

75% * 0.6 = 45%
25% * 0.6 = 15%
45%+45%+15% = 105%
"
Fruz wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
If you will keep introducing broken gems and then destroy the items that used them, there's no point at all.
If one wants to play pure chaos he should be able to but have really low dps compared to phys or ele.

How come an item that lets you ignore reflect and most magic resistances all together and has a good dps with no drawback isn't broken ?
It is.

It's not.
Voltaxic has been around since the game launched. How many voltaxic sparkers did you see in the past? Zero.
It's only after they introduced support multipliers for chaos people started to play this way. I am one of them and had voltaxic in stash for ever.
There was no point playing all map mods but not having dps.
You were better with a windripper or pure phys harbinger.
You could play all mods with a 400 pdps harbinger if you built right. I and many others did.
Voltaxic matched a 400+ pdps weapon with no expense because of the support gems and chaos damage redesigning.
GGG think again about ruining legacy items, you can't ruin someone hard farm in one click, wtf GGG?
I don't talk about voltaxic, it's not have legacy version yet, so don't matter that you nerf it, i talk about the legacy cons dark, DON'T SMASH IT ON STANDARD... or just make something like...for example legacy from 75% to 40% and normal from 50% to 25% or something. JUST DON'T MAKE IT EQUAL, no point to farm for something like that in standard when you can take away it from us.

If not that shitpart, can said it's pretty interesting change here, expect the new lab, but we'll see:D
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

It is.

It's not.
Voltaxic has been around since the game launched. How many voltaxic sparkers did you see in the past? Zero.
It's only after they introduced support multipliers for chaos people started to play this way. I am one of them and had voltaxic in stash for ever.
There was no point playing all map mods but not having dps.
You were better with a windripper or pure phys harbinger.
You could play all mods with a 400 pdps harbinger if you built right. I and many others did.
Voltaxic matched a 400+ pdps weapon with no expense because of the support gems and chaos damage redesigning.

or just use cheap version of harbinger: Chin Sol+PB. But after poison and chaos+ascendancy nodes voltaxic began to shine
"
horizon21 wrote:
I think reflect needs to be removed/changed to thorns in maps instead of nerfing items...

well, i dont tnk its a best idea coz every build needs a consequence. reflect, bearer, voltile, thats the game meant to be more challenge, if its easy its become annoying game. if theres a thing they need to fix is LAG. and add more high tier t13+ with wide area like chateau and more drop rate of t13+. gl everyone.
@Chris Wilson, please fix this:
"You can now load to the login screen in less than a second on an SSD hard drive (two seconds on a non-SSD)"
The correct terms are SSD (Solid-state Drive) and Hard drive. Meaning that the correct statement is:
"You can now load into the login screen in less than one second on a Solid-state Drive (SSD), and approximately two seconds on a Hard Drive."
"
sftruze wrote:
need 2 legacy consuming dark + Infernal mantle for 100% conversion....

75% * 0.6 = 45%
25% * 0.6 = 15%
45%+45%+15% = 105%

Legacy isn't balance, GGG does not balance around legacy.

"
PsOfOs wrote:

It was already very strong for elemental archers.
And I'm pretty sure some people did already chaxo spark, but you know .... all builds don't come to light when an item just gets released, chaos just got a power up and got much more popular with 2.2.0.
Full chaos conversion is just not the way GGG wants to go, and they realised it just one league too late ( void manipulation is an obvious example of this ).

For example :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1396515
The guy is already basically oneshotting everything but bosses maybe, and completely ignores reflect.
EDIT : I started PoE again a bit later than the 2.2.0 start, though that the chaos gems came with it too mb. I'll find another guide build later, LA did have its "golden age" a long time ago, and Voltaxic was already a very good choice for it, if not BiS ( Lioneye's also freaking powerful ).
There is that one for example :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/492872
Reflect had also being nerfed a lot, which is probably why it decreased in popularity.

So it was already freaking strong at least, and it got even more powerful with the new chaos gems and passive skills

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 29, 2016, 5:09:34 AM
"
Cambob wrote:
The shock and outrage expressed in here is like walking through a daycare centre shortly after the sugar treats have been handed out.

Chaos was obviously going to get nerfed.
Ascendency was obviously going to get nerfed/rebalanced.
The Lab was obviously going to get nerfed, buffed and rebalanced.

You're exiles who start with little more than a piece of driftwood on the beach. Your fate has always been in the hands of the GGGods.

Way too much salt in this thread. Welcomed changes. Whoever actually thought 100% reflect immune with a cast/attack build was balanced isnt playing the right game.
Looking for opinions here. Do the new upgrades to wands and sceptres make non crit casters a more balanced alternative to crit casting. I know the damage will get a little closer to one another, however having crit tied so closely to status ailments makes me think there still is no choice but to go full crit.

For example... You have to use about a dozen passives and move around the tree to get 30% chance to freeze without criticals. Yet it seems incredibly easy to get to crit chance up to 50% with much less investment. Mostly due to high crit equipment I guess.

Just want to see what others think about this.

I like the changes overall. The change to spell totem was much needed. Perhaps people will actually use them now.

Great job to the developers. As for people complaining about meta nerfs. Too bad. Meta makes the game boring anyway. The best part of this game is making builds. There needs to be balance to make choices interesting.
Last edited by DaleDVM on May 29, 2016, 10:01:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info