Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

It'd be nice if they could explain their rational to nerf chaos damage. People hate to have to deal with changes they don't understand, and frankly if GGG sinply explained why they chose this vs lets say blade vortex, or vaal spark. Which I would have to say is far more abusive of the current content.
"
tafonso wrote:
It'd be nice if they could explain their rational to nerf chaos damage. People hate to have to deal with changes they don't understand, and frankly if GGG sinply explained why they chose this vs lets say blade vortex, or vaal spark. Which I would have to say is far more abusive of the current content.

BV or Vaal Sparks kill you on lightning thorns, or the corrupted VMS gorilla for example, it also requires you to be in close contact ( less for vaal sparks, but that is a Vaal skill. VMS imho needs a nerf / rework ).

Chaos conversion was "too easy" or at least "too accessible" so many builds could just convert to chaos to completely negate reflect, and then boost up their damage on top of it.
I believe this is the reason.
( Which still does not justify the infernal mantle stupid nerf in my opinion though >< ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
tafonso wrote:

Uh, Vaal Spark got nerfed in almost every way imaginable. And now it got nerfed again thanks to Scion smash for good measure.

Blade Vortex: Scion just got her nerf. As for Pathfinder, because screw you, that's why. /s Okay, a little more seriously this time...because you can still die quite easily leveling (oh hey, nice cybil's + tabula + goldrim in a3 cruel. WHOMP. Dead in one second because you whirled into a pack of vuln-on-hit monsters in lunaris. Or got turned into a pin cushion by a group of projectile snakes in dried lake. Or, you get the idea.), and it takes some game knowledge. EG turn the F back if you see apes in Tora's mission, and under no circumstances are you to fight the dried lake vaal boss before fully ascending.

There's also the issue of thorns (Shavronne, Promenade).

In short, it isn't a faceroll build.

That said, yes, it does scale to stupid good single-target damage, but that's right-side melee/pseudo-melee for you.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 27, 2016, 3:06:51 AM
"
ModernBison wrote:
"
Devonor wrote:
GGG
Rare uniques getting more rare : This is like saying f..k you to all newcomers to poe . Not only them but all self found players and casual players . Are you guys trying to make d3 vanilla ( that many hated ) , Are you too going to design the game auround the auction house like blizzard did ? Most of the changes you did is fine but this part i hate . It's a loot based game and its fun to find good stuff ( self found ). You are doing the same mistakes blizzard did . In that case it would be better if you just sold the game to blizz , atleast we would get a game company with money that can develop the game very well further with a solid bank account , they are also way more into the self found philosophy . they have probably done it in a extreme way but they removed the auction house . I am not saying rare stuff should drop often but occasionally a good drop is nice . I still have not found a single shavronnes , i never going to do it now . The auction house game starts ( already has though ).

Me personally are not spending a single dollar/euro on this game the way your philosophy is atm .

The problem of the rarity arise from the ability of players to trade freely. If they can trade, rarest items become not so rare and since we all drop stuff that we don't really need, the market get saturated. That was Perandus. When you have the best items and everybody have 'em, you have nothing to run after and the game becomes boring, except for self found players... but these two type of gameplay can't coexists in the same game, or at least league.

Vanilla D3 wasn't boring because Legendary items was hard to find. That was because there was no fun at finding them, every item in that game were nearly/deadly? identical beside Legendaries. I don't understand what happened, the game design felt somewhat amateur compared to oldschool blizzard games and the auction house just exposed that to exponent 10 by letting you the choice of grinding 2,000 gold per hour or buying 1,000,000 gold for 1$... TBH, I think blizzard just wanted us to spend more than 60$ for the game and it failed because the game should be fun out of the box, not after a 10$ invested in fun gear.

I'll propose something to any player ranting about rarity, learn to play the game, personally I never had stellar rare gear (never had a 6L beside Tabula rasa) and I progressed quite enough in the game to have a lot of fun, even doing Tier 10 and Tier 11 maps. I never attempted Atziri, but that's more about being a coward than having bad gear. Learn to identify what's good and what's not for your build, you can progress a lot only doing that.

I get what you say . But i don't think it's a good idea of ggg to make stuff so insane rare . If you like that the game has " almost impossible going to drop items " maybe others are interested to play different and many builds the game can offer you . Its no point in calling me a L2p player just because i don't like this decrease in drops , i have a good balanced character . I have my 6 link and exalt value items and i haven't died much in general . I am saying it in a general sence that this was a bad decision by them to do . They should encourage farming the game and not the auction house . poe is heading into the same place d3 was when d3 had the auction house . I am a bit worried about this . I don't want the game to become crap . It's not that i don't like the auction house because i do and have used it much but the price of having a auction house is high to the game . Good stuff drop maybe 0,001 % of your playing time and that in itself is not a good design imo . As i try to say i don't want the auction house to dictate the game and the game drops of cool items ( fun items ) . Maybe ggg could find a way use more items in recipes or something , item sink like d3 had with gold sink and poe has with currency sink .

I used a tabula rasa myself in the beginning but that was maybe for just a couple of weeks or so , its worth about what you can vendor it for ( a divine orb , or 20 ish chaos if you like to trade it )

The funny thing is all my gear is bought from the auction house , i don't find much playing the game . Poor self found players , they are getting a big slap in their face if they do this change in drops .

YES THAY FINALY FIXED THES "Some of the Water uses an Enrage skill periodically." !! It ussed to use all the water at once so it didnt work but now it is fixed :D,
What with Scepters? Can someone explain in some more siply words? There is some language issues for me...

"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
"
zephiroth3 wrote:
"
veneror wrote:
And yet Reflect still exists in this game. Mkay

reflect is % dmg dealt which u can DEAL with.
more like and yet LIGHTNING THORNS is still in the game.
i have insta ripped on like 8 different builds to it even with flasks up...

Reflect? Really? Does anyone remember the strong reflect of the old days before it was nerfed so hard? Sorry, but if anyone has a problem with reflect these days he should be given the "I suck at pressing buttons" title.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I expect changes to the managing system of the microtransactions. Actually this system makes a great mess in the stashes!!!

In sometimes is really annoying to find a microtransaction easily.

I sugest a drag and drop option and a key combination to move microtransactions between the tabs.
Last edited by Treufeldt on May 27, 2016, 7:39:39 AM
Overall great balancing. And tbh was expecting heavier nerfs and buffs on Scion -great and well thought ascendancies picks versus arbitrarily random ascendant nodes, altho on top of 2 ascendancies a new start point is just ludicrous; I feel that I can almost call it a class now, if it wasn't for that racing scionplay and skill rewards. Overall thanks!
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
bloodchills wrote:
GGG, has there been any staff discussion on releasing a combat logging mechanism for us to use?

so much this!

oh but wait, players allowing to examine what exactly killed them and evaluate their dmg output? .. no way! That actually may give them evidence for monster balance discussions, rather keep em busy with guessing and community "data-mining" ;)
Last edited by hcl on May 27, 2016, 11:31:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info