When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
Jaille wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The forums isnt a place for discussion anymore, its a place for perpetual bitching and moaning, which is why most people avoid the forums entirely now.

Vouch

That doesn't make their votes invalid though, even if you argue that the poll is skewed to certain demographic. I would presume that a more unbiased poll would have more moderate voters.

When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, he might be correct. But he is misleading and misrepresenting things. Assuming that majority of the players are moderate, they neither love or hate the lab; People who love the labyrinth are probably a minority too, which make his statement rather Cheesy.
He's just as right now as he was about PvP when they were doubling down on a loser.
"
deathflower wrote:
That beg the question though. Where are all the whiteknights? There is no reason they can't vote. Whiners simply outnumbered the whiteknights.

It only makes sense, is it harder to be a Jedi or a Sith?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The problem with this thread, just as any balance-related forum thread, is that people are taking a nuanced situation to extremes. Reality is rarely black and white. To illustrate:

- if you're against the lab, you're moaning and whining. If you're for it, you're whiteknighting.
- the lab is either terrible or brilliant
- the straw poll is either useless or a great source of information

It's never as simple and easy. The lab has some good points and some bad points. What's a good point to some may be a bad point to others. The straw poll does give some indication of player's opinion, especially when there is such a large discrepancy in the votes, but it should be taken with a grain of salt and compared with other sources of information.

The other problem, again just as any balance-related thread, is people are going way too emotional about a simple game discussion. Just say what you think and why, there's no need to get so angry.

Now, from everything I've seen here, in the forum in general and from my ingame friends, most people seem to have a mostly negative opinion of the lab. This should be pretty obvious to anyone who's paying attention to the game and the forum and I'm not going to waste my time for pointless debates about it. That's what I think and if you disagree, fine.

This makes Chris's statement about a vocal minority sound truly strange. Is he misleading us or he thinks that just because almost everyone is running the lab, they actually like it? I don't know. In case a), he's manipulative. In case b), he's naive.

I hope it's case a) and he's just trying to give the lab some PR spin. They did reduce the trial part, so that's a good start. I do think they should make the cruel lab give 4 points, merciless - 6 and the endgame lab - 8. This will allow players who just need the ascendancy points to minimize their time spent playing Super Mario.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 29, 2016, 7:02:15 AM
"Needs vs Wants" pretty sure that was taught in elementary school.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
raics wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
That beg the question though. Where are all the whiteknights? There is no reason they can't vote. Whiners simply outnumbered the whiteknights.

what tells you who is on the good and the bad side?
Everybody think they are working for the good
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I'm guessing they're also taking into account how many times you complete a Labyrinth Run and how many times you've completed it. (Maybe they have some runic Vaalish way of recording this stuff... you know)

And that's where Chris is basing that the Lab Haters as a minority.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
I'm guessing they're also taking into account how many times you complete a Labyrinth Run and how many times you've completed it. (Maybe they have some runic Vaalish way of recording this stuff... you know)

Everyone I know was running the lab only when absolutely necessary by the middle of Perandus league, I don't know where Chris is getting his data and how he's interpreting it but everything I know seems to indicate the players who run the lab a lot are the minority, not vice versa.

The numbers seem quite clear to me and come from a lot of sources:

- this poll (yeah, yeah, I know - it's not the ultimate truth but it's just another source)
- everyone I know and played with in both SC and HC Perandus. Even my PSC buddies hated it, in PHC it was on a whole different level of hate.
- what I've seen in the forum

I don't know what other sources of information there are but these all tell the same story. There is a minority but it's not the lab haters who are in it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 29, 2016, 7:43:00 AM
"

Some people hate their jobs and still go to work every day, just like some people hate the lab and still grind it for challenges or enchants. People are very willing to do things they hate if the rewards are important enough to them.

You simply can't discern how much someone likes the lab from how many lab runs they do.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

what tells you who is on the good and the bad side?
Everybody think they are working for the good

No, nothing like that, good and evil are difficult concepts, it's better not to go there.

Just saying that being a Whiteknight requires a specific mindset that is less common than the opposite, a focus of existence if you will, something you see in a dog, for example. It isn't superior or anything, just a bit more rare.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 29, 2016, 8:03:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info