When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
raics wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:
Look at Blizzard. They lost over 7 million players in World of Warcraft. To this very day people are still debating why. Noone really knows, most of them just vanished.

The way I see it, WoW had a population bubble for a long time and one day it simply burst. There was probably no particular reason, it's just the fate of all bubbles.
Hes not even using the example correctly. WoW lost the large majority of the population because they destroyed everything that made World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft. The hardcore WoW players, who loved the game, all left, they were the majority. The casuals ruined the game and made it a subscription based free loot simulator.

I mean for fuck sakes you dont even need to think to understand that, its baffling that he brought it up. All one needs to do is take a peek at WoWs front page.

"FREE LEVEL 100 WHEN YOU BUY WOW LEGION! ORDER NOW AND GET EARLY ACCESS TO DEMON HUNTER!"

Soo fucking disgusting what that game has become.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 28, 2016, 12:11:13 PM
"

And don't talk about GGG and proof in the same sentence. They are the ONLY ones sitting on proof. They HAVE the data. All you have, is a 25 page thread where people CHOOSE to read, CHOOSE what to write and contains ~80% trolling.

They have proof ?
Are we sure ?
No.
They might aswell have nothing and extrapole.

Only thing they have for sure is a feature. A feature that they spend time and ressources on.
Only thing WE have for sure is money to spend on.
Those are the only things that matters in the end.

Same happened with PVP.
Took 'em one year to understand they spend ressources without return.

Fun fact to note is that a lot of players/forums users said so at the release.

edit :
"
Im one of those hardcore wow players who fucking loved Blizzard until they ruined the game in MOP.

I lol'ed.
Hardcore WoW players left after BC.
Last edited by Isdp on May 28, 2016, 12:09:30 PM
"
Isdp wrote:
"

And don't talk about GGG and proof in the same sentence. They are the ONLY ones sitting on proof. They HAVE the data. All you have, is a 25 page thread where people CHOOSE to read, CHOOSE what to write and contains ~80% trolling.

They have proof ?
Are we sure ?
No.
They might aswell have nothing and extrapole.

Only thing they have for sure is a feature. A feature that they spend time and ressources on.
Only thing WE have for sure is money to spend on.
Those are the only things that matters in the end.

Same happened with PVP.
Took 'em one year to understand they spend ressources without return.

Fun fact to note is that a lot of players/forums users said so at the release.

edit :
"
Im one of those hardcore wow players who fucking loved Blizzard until they ruined the game in MOP.

I lol'ed.
Hardcore WoW players left after BC.
No they didnt, content was good and hard up until WOTK, Cataclysm was okay but thats where the casualization began. I quit like 3 months into Mists of Pandaria.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

"
Isdp wrote:
with no proofs

1) Sure GGG has data... But none about if people like lab or not. They only have runs. You can have the data of somebody going to work 300 days a year but you will never know if he likes it or not if you don't ask him

2) saying the opposite clan is made of trolls is such a good argument. This was used during the inquisition as heretics and is used by Muslim extremists as infidels. Good job you just placed yourself in a very select group of worthy people

First, to work is something you have to do. Living isn't free. Why the heck would someone run the lab more than once if they do not like it, or think it's worth the rewards? And IF it's worth the rewards, it might work as intended?

Second, I didn't say anyone specific sides were made of trolls. I just said the thread contains trolls, the polls contain trolls and the forum contains trolls - as making MOST statistics from the forum biased.

But what the hell, keep putting words in my mouth, and bring up stupid work-comparisons and see if it will take the thread anywhere.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Isdp wrote:

Same happened with PVP.
Took 'em one year to understand they spend ressources without return. .
Did they ever say that a minority hated PvP or give any data on it's success? I don't remember them saying people liked it. Which says to me that when people don't like something, GGG ignores it instead of saying anything about how many people like or hate it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Ceri wrote:

What people should know is that when something upsets them with a game, they very rarely go into a public forum and give feedback on why they're unhappy. The vast, overwhelming majority of disgruntled players simply stop playing. This is a well-known fact in all industries. Generally there is a very vocal minority, but most people just stop without a word. Human nature.
While I don't disagree that people just quit without coming to the forum, you ignore that even more people that are happy don't come to the forum to express their happiness. If number of people silently quitting means anything, then number of people silently continuing to play the game must mean something too.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
If number of people silently quitting means anything, then number of people silently continuing to play the game must mean something too.

Hah! An unknown number of unknown people doing unknown things for unknown reasons. That leaves enough empty space to project anything in there. Anything at all. You can put every argument in this thread in there and still have space.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Isdp wrote:

Same happened with PVP.
Took 'em one year to understand they spend ressources without return. .
Did they ever say that a minority hated PvP or give any data on it's success? I don't remember them saying people liked it. Which says to me that when people don't like something, GGG ignores it instead of saying anything about how many people like or hate it.

Umm ok.

"
Chris wrote:
Most importantly, we made a big space in our news and talked about PvP a lot. Upon releasing the update last month, PvP got the surge it needed to become a part of the game that we were proud of. We congratulated winners, promoted PvP events and featured a PvP build in this week's Build of the Week.

While PvP may never be the primary way that most people play PoE, we're very pleased with the growth of its community and are confident that it'll continue to grow, especially as Season Two takes place in challenge leagues where the playing field is more level.

LOL

Less than 1000 even tried it..More than a third of em got 1 point... they must have really enjoyed it, great success!!! " very pleased". Kinda like how most play through the lab once for points and then rid themselves of that gimmicky bullshit.

Must be nice having such low standards

https://www.pathofexile.com/seasons/pvp-ladder/season/USPvPSeason2
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 28, 2016, 1:06:14 PM
i will probably do it only once for the points then ill resell the lab item
I demand proof that you have proof that they have proof.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info