Upcoming Unique Items

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
to people complaining that 'players want power creep':

i do not like these uniques. but not because these are weak! i do not like them because these:

- are directly weaker than items already in the game (so why use these?)
- are not solving any existing problem
- do not bring anything interesting into the game
- combine mostly irrelevant stuff and call it 'unique'. Gloves are just that - some attack bonuses, some defenses, a downside and a fluff. 12% aspd, 6-10 phys damage, LIFE, resist/leech/etc gloves are just OUTRIGHT better in every aspect.

and it is to show 'Jugg's character'? GGG really doesnt like RT melee and this sensless and boring unique is the ultimate proof

Yeah, people always say that. Then they get shocked for 1 second and die with their "bis" gloves.

I remember how everyone said oros was shit and i was the only one playing oros flicker back when the sword came out. Everyone bitching "muh increased damage downside". I never bothered posting a build guide because it was stupidly strong and i didnt want it nerfed. Now look at all the people playing it once someone finally decided to stream line it.

This community has a high tendancy to shit on everything without using their heads before even using the item or thinking of how to negate an items downside, much like the Goddess sword. Its happened to countless items now.

It doesnt need to be BIS, it needs to be interesting and unique, fun.

If we are going to get quirky unique items that are not build enabling then I need to adjust my item filter as said in a previous post. It is not that the community 'shits' on unique items, its more that the game itself makes a big deal about them. The way they drop 'SHAZAAAM!' lightning bolt sound. The unique artwork. The cute poems after the item description. Then! after all the fluff...you have a pair of Sin Treks. The heavens part, lightning cracks the sky, a unique drops! It should be the pinnacle of the gaming experience! All of the countless hours of no RNGesus paying you any attention, then Sin Treks.

"Do not let them step on your feet. Keep them at bay" ~Thanks Sin Treks I'll do that!

"It doesnt need to be BIS, it needs to be interesting and unique, fun" ~problem is too many of them ARE NOT. Maybe a new mob will come out, vampire kangaroo -sin treks will now be BiS cause of no leech? That sounds fun.

Expectation is the MOTHER of disappointment boys! I do not like to be disappointed. You can take Sin Treks and all the other half baked unique items, turn them sideways and...
🐢
"
xDBoomer wrote:
Wand - 1 alch
Gloves - 3-5c
Boots - - 1-3c

1 alteration all
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
the gloves may be alright

edit: nah, probably not worth it vs some half decent rares.
If you can stay at max endurance charges its pretty much equal to 50% less damage taken because you cannot be shocked. Id assume that means you can ignore shocked ground as well.

50% reduced damage is a pretty big deal and soo is 4% increased melee damage per charge, as it scales on the hit AKA both elemental and physical.

These gloves are literally insane, probably T1 drop rate.

Yeah shocked ground is the largest issue in this game.... Best joke ever!
well shock is ultra powerfull. Well atleast it gives a potent way to spam vessel of vinktar.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Oh look. Some alt shards.
It's almost like i'm not surprised there's a bow unique.
Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.
Ashcaller
It's looks nice, but 10% for minion with limited short lifetime? More simple to summon it manually if you use Raging Spirits.

Veruso's Battering Rams
Also looks nice, even for my gladiator, but survivability gloves without HP or damage reduction? They should give MORE damage per charge, not INCREASE.

Three-step Assault
Maybe 30% chance to dodge spells while phasing? 10% is just nothing, even permanent. This 10% is triggered. 30% chance for short time to take the assault horde of enemies - sounds better.

Sorry for bad English.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by inthesky1223 on Mar 20, 2018, 9:55:54 PM
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
the gloves may be alright

edit: nah, probably not worth it vs some half decent rares.
If you can stay at max endurance charges its pretty much equal to 50% less damage taken because you cannot be shocked. Id assume that means you can ignore shocked ground as well.

50% reduced damage is a pretty big deal and soo is 4% increased melee damage per charge, as it scales on the hit AKA both elemental and physical.

These gloves are literally insane, probably T1 drop rate.

Yeah shocked ground is the largest issue in this game.... Best joke ever!
Best joke ever! Which is why ever single top player rips to a hit while shocked.

Go ahead, call them shit like every other mindless sheep posting here, i could careless.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
top players die more to sleep depravation, malnutrition and boredom than from shocked ground

when you do the same thing for 10 hours straight it is mostly about physical and psychical stamina - not the one 'shock immune' roll on gloves.

each time GGG releases something underwhelming and majority call it CRAP there are few people that claim it is 'the next big thing'. after the dust settles and it turns out to be real turd we never hear from the 'special snowflakes' again. this will be the case - again.

I'm still waiting for people ridiculing me in my Berserker-is-bad thread to show me how powerful and gamebreaking the Cloaked in Savegery node is (the 100% leech on Savege hit)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info